Tess or Phoebe, please vote!

See the results of this poll: Which do you like better?

Respondents: 44 (This poll is closed)

• Tess : 16 (36%)
  • Phoebe: 28 (64%)

I like both but I slightly prefer [name]Tess[/name], especially with [name]Olive[/name].

More votes please??

Also, maybe some comments about what image each name brings to mind. I know a person makes her name, not the other way around, but I am curious about what image comes to mind when you think of these two names on a child and an adult.

Thanks for any comments or help!

I prefer [name]Phoebe[/name] because [name]Tess[/name] feels too much like a nickname - I feel like an adult needs a full name, maybe even just [name]Tessa[/name] would make it sound more complete?

[name]Phoebe[/name] is fun and creative, I adore it and think it flows perfectly with [name]Olive[/name].

For some reason [name]Tess[/name] feels more complete and grounded to me than [name]Tessa[/name]. [name]Tessa[/name] is too airy or something. But thank you!

While I prefer [name]Tessa[/name] over [name]Tess[/name], I still like it :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Pheobe[/name] because I see [name]Tess[/name] as more of a nickname for [name]Tessa[/name] or [name]Theresa[/name]
[name]Bree[/name]

I voted for [name]Phoebe[/name] because I prefer it a little more than [name]Tess[/name]. But really, I think either would work well.

I loooooooooooove [name]Tess[/name] so much!!!

I voted [name]Phoebe[/name] because I love it and it will pair well with [name]Olive[/name]. As others have said, [name]Tess[/name] feels incomplete to me and I just haven’t seen the appeal of it yet. [name]Tess[/name] reminds me of something a teenager would name herself, while [name]Phoebe[/name] is ageless and will grow with a little girl. If I was a girl named [name]Tess[/name] and my sister was named [name]Olive[/name], I would be envious, but I would say that [name]Phoebe[/name] is equal to [name]Olive[/name].

I like [name]Phoebe[/name] better as a standalone name, but if matching it to her sisters nn(s) is important to you then I think [name]Tess[/name] is a better choice.

[name]Both[/name] names would be fine with [name]Olive[/name] but I think [name]Phoebe[/name] has a little more substance and history to give her the slight edge. :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone! Any images come to mind for either name?