Tess?

What are your thoughts on the name [name_f]Tess[/name_f]?

2 Likes

[name_u]Strong[/name_u] but warm - literary too

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name Tess-short, sharp, sleek and literary. Many people here on nb have loved the combo [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] that I came up with. Other combinations could be:
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Miriam[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Tess[/name_f]! To me, it feels sharp but gentle – a sly smile and a warm cup of tea.

I personally prefer it as a nickname to a longer name (Tessa, [name_f]Therese[/name_f], etc) but I think it stands very well on its own.

[name_f]My[/name_f] childhood cat was named [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and I always thought it would be beautiful on a person :heart:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]! A simple, smart and capable sounding name.

[name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Apolline[/name_f] is my favourite [name_f]Tess[/name_f] combo. It works well with more fanciful middles: [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Pomeline[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Tess[/name_f] Madelief… :blossom:

I used to think it sounded a tad incomplete and preferred it with a longer name, but I’m coming around to it on its own too. I really like it, it’s short and simple but recognizable but also not too common. It has a slight western feel to me too that I dig?

i’ve always thought tess was cool !! it’s classic and well-established but sounds pretty clean and modern too. neat, streamlined, and fun. it’s just lovely !

i would suggest as a combo:
tess forest
tess allegra
tess madeleine
tess reverie
tess valentine
tess ophelia
tess blodwen
tess camille
tess azalea
tess delphinium

I love [name_f]Tess[/name_f] so much. It’s brisk, pretty and timeless :relaxed: I knew a [name_f]Tess[/name_f] at school who was really sunny and lovely. It also reminds me of [name_f]Tess[/name_f] of the D’Urbervilles. I love the meaning ‘harvest’ from [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] although my favourite is [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] nn [name_f]Tess[/name_f] :ear_of_rice::sun_with_face::sparkles:

I love [name_f]Tess[/name_f] but I am a sucker for Longer names with short nickname so I want to elongate it to [name_f]Teresa[/name_f] (Tess)

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it. Sweet and quirky but still strong and would age well.

I absolutely love [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. I also knew a [name_f]Tess[/name_f] at school who was a really interesting, headstrong, capable girl. I like it as a nickname for [name_f]Theresa[/name_f] or on its own.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]! She feels like a mix between [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] Dashwood and [name_u]Anne[/name_u] Shirley… I envision her hiding under end tables in dusty old libraries, lost in a book, or skinning her knee climbing apple trees, and (a bit impatiently) learning the piano and loving to paint. She’s got Anne’s spunk and Elinor’s tender heart. :heart:

I like it as a nickname for [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] or [name_f]Thessaly[/name_f].

This is one of my favorite names. I love it so much. I feel like it’s strong and soft and not overused, it’s perfect.

One of my favorites and, if we ever somehow ended up with 3 daughters, my partner & I would probably end up using it! The combo on my list is [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f].

I love it! Short sweet and strong

I definitely like it (and prefer to [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] which I like but it doesn’t rock my world) but it does feel insubstantial to me and for this reason it falls a little flat. I wouldn’t use it in first or middle position as it feels too nicknamey for both. I could probably warm to [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] more were it not for the phonetic similarity to [name_f]Tesla[/name_f].

It immediately reminds me to Tess of the D’Urbervilles. I think Tess is lovely, though personally I prefer Tessa.