Tessa Tangelo Tallulah Tupelo Tomato :)

We decided on our baby girl’s name! [name]Tessa[/name] (nn [name]Tess[/name]) will join her brother [name]Lucas[/name] some time late next month. I’m hung up a little on her middle name though. My husband likes [name]Tessa[/name] [name]June[/name]- which is cute but I want something a little more fun. [name]June[/name] is my husband’s grandmother’s name so it has significance but has already been used in the middle name spot for one of our nieces. I would like to use the middle name spot to go with something extra fun and spunky and adventurous. I love [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tangerine[/name] (the name of a favorite blogger’s daughter) and want to do something similar with our daughter (if not steal it outright!) :slight_smile:
The alliteration, the imagery of a beachy summer fruit, and the unusualness of that combo all appeal to me. [name]Do[/name] you nameberries have any other fun suggestions for us to consider? Our last name is [name]Vincent[/name]. Thanks!!!

[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tamarind[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tavora[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Teodora[/name] ([name]TAY[/name]-OH-DOOR-UH)
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Titania[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tivona[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tribeca[/name]

I hope this helps

:smiley:
Iz

T names:
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tennessee[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Titania[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name]

Oh, [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tangerine[/name] is very fun! I think the middle place is definitely the place to let your eccentric side loose, and while [name]Tessa[/name] [name]June[/name] is just beautiful, if it’s not what you both want then don’t use it.

If you don’t know little [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tangerine[/name] in real life then you could duplicate the name (although it would be best to still ask the permission of her mother, first), but personally it would bother me to use the same name as someone else did … [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] would be very similar, but let’s look at some other options.

So, we’re ideally looking for an unusual T name, not two syllables, which doesn’t end in A (as [name]Tessa[/name] already does). Let me think …

[name]Tessa[/name] Tabassum - an Arabic name which means ‘smiling’
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tamarind[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Temperance[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] Tinuviel - a name created by Tolkein, meaning ‘nightingale’ in the invented literary language Sindarin. She featured in his Silmarillion.
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tivoli[/name] - a beautiful Italian town

If we let go of the syllable rule :
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tempest[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Topaz[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] Topsy - like the children’s books, Topsy and [name]Tim[/name]. I have no idea if it was short for anything, though.
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tulip[/name]

And if we let go of the no A ending rule :
[name]Tessa[/name] Tryphena
[name]Tessa[/name] Tryphosa - both of these last two mean ‘delicacy’ in Ancient Greek.
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tullia[/name]

And if we move away from alliteration :
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Buttercup[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Calanthe[/name] (cal-AN-thee)
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Calypso[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Fable[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Mignonette[/name] ([name]MIN[/name]-yo-net, the O has in hot)
[name]Tessa[/name] Nightingale
[name]Tessa[/name] Pleasance
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Plum[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name] [name]Wren[/name]

And exactly how fussy are you about people being able to pronounce it? Because I’d like to suggest the name of the Greek goddess of dance, which means ‘delighting in the dance’ :
[name]Tessa[/name] Terpsichore (terp-SIH-kor-ee).

Good luck, and [name]Tessa[/name] is a great choice! [name]Auburn[/name]

I like Auburns suggestions of [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Temperance[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Tulip[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] [name]Topaz[/name]! so cute!!!