The 3rd Sisiter challenge: Name for Peaceful baby (NN "Moe") bonus for "S"

Ooh I like [name_f]Salome[/name_f]! I’m in love with your second daughter’s name. :slight_smile:
[name_f]Moira[/name_f]
[name_f]Moriah[/name_f]
[name_f]Maura[/name_f]
[name_m]Morrie[/name_m]
[name_f]Mona[/name_f]
Molina
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Monet[/name_f]
[name_f]Maureen[/name_f]/[name_f]Moreen[/name_f]/[name_f]Morine[/name_f]
[name_f]Margo[/name_f]/[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
S names with the nickname [name_m]Moe[/name_m]? That’s pretty tough.
[name_f]Samoa[/name_f]
[name_f]Samara[/name_f]
Simoriah

S names:
[name_f]Sephora[/name_f]
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f] (peace)
[name_f]Sabina[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonia[/name_f]
A names:
[name_f]Arcadia[/name_f] (peace)
[name_f]Anemone[/name_f] (mo)
[name_u]Mo[/name_u] names:
[name_f]Desdemona[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
Combos:
[name_f]Arcadia[/name_f] [name_f]Serenity[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabina[/name_f] [name_f]Anemone[/name_f]
[name_f]Sephora[/name_f] [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]

Also love [name_u]Simone[/name_u] for you. Good luck!

[name_m]How[/name_m] about spelled salomay… Or some other derviation(I have about 20 options on spellings). Is that just trying too hard and the name is still what it is like jezabelle or dahlilah?

Combining [name_f]Salome[/name_f] and [name_f]Saloma[/name_f], there’s also [name_f]Salomea[/name_f], which was the name of a saint.

I could see [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] nn [name_u]Mo[/name_u], and the meaning, “dove” is a symbol of peace

[name_f]Serena[/name_f] is pretty

What about (meaning in brackets)…

[name_f]Axelle[/name_f]- ([name_u]Peace[/name_u])
Ekanta- (Sanskrit- ‘Solitude, peaceful’)
[name_f]Eira[/name_f]- (Welsh- ‘[name_f]Snow[/name_f]’)
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]/ [name_f]Irena[/name_f] (Greek - [name_u]Peace[/name_u])
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] (as in [name_f]Olive[/name_f] branch)
[name_f]Serenity[/name_f] (Peaceful)
[name_u]Seren[/name_u] (Welsh- ‘[name_f]Star[/name_f]’)

Maybe you should just go ahead and name her [name_f]Salome[/name_f]… it is a lovely name in its own right, and you seem attached to it. In the end, most people will not have any negative connotations with it, since our society is not terribly Bible-literate. I guess it depends on whether you can get your husband on board. :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Salome[/name_f] is lovely. I don’t think the biblical association should turn you off from it. It’s just a name, and it has such a lovely meaning, I don’t think one person should ruin it for everyone. [name_f]Shula[/name_f] is another Hebrew S-name with the same meaning of “peace”.

Okay… Any favorites? … I will make a poll, but in case you have the inclination to give bigger feedback… here are the current choices (there is not one that is quite grabbing me for this courageous and peaceful water baby…)

[name_f]Saloma[/name_f] [name_f]Mozelle[/name_f] ("[name_u]Peace[/name_u] from the waters")
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] [name_f]Mozelle[/name_f] (“Guided from the waters”)
[name_f]Annelise[/name_f] [name_f]Mozelle[/name_f] ([name_f]Grace[/name_f] from the waters")
[name_f]Odeda[/name_f] [name_f]Mozelle[/name_f] (“Courage from the water”)
Salomay Merav ([name_u]Peace[/name_u] Abundant)
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u] (Nourishment from the heavens, listened)

I still identify with [name_f]Saloma[/name_f] and Salomay (but think I am lacking some cultural perspective needed to make a good decision). Husband like [name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u], but I am worried about how popular those names are…

SO happy to have your help here!
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]