The 3rd Sisiter challenge: Name for Peaceful baby (NN "Moe") bonus for "S"

My third daughter will be born this month (woah, surprise #3!!). I named our first two based on a “sense” of their personality in the womb. First girl is a strong willed teacher of life: [name_m]Eliyah[/name_m] Khai. Our second daughter is joyful and easy going: [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f]. This baby feels peaceful, grounded and calm and LOVES being in water! Hubby prefers names of Hebrew origin, but could be swayed. While in the womb baby has been called “[name_u]Mo[/name_u]” as in “More baby”, and I love that as a NN. I would like to honor my mother with an “S” initial but could be swayed. Other minor consideration is our entire family is “E” and “A” names, could break the mold or keep it… (I am [name_f]Amy[/name_f] married to [name_m]Erik[/name_m]. Children are [name_m]Eliyah[/name_m] and [name_f]Aviva[/name_f]. Siblings to me are [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] and [name_m]Alec[/name_m]. Sibling to [name_m]Erik[/name_m] is [name_m]Adam[/name_m] married to [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. His parents are [name_f]Ellen[/name_f] and [name_m]Alan[/name_m]… you get the idea…). I am struggling to find girl name for “peaceful”. I REALLY like [name_f]Salome[/name_f], but hubby nixes it based on the negative biblical associations- and I get that concerns… for that reason I like adapting it to be [name_f]Saloma[/name_f], but everybody we ask seems to think that is “weird” - we do go for more unusual names… some contenders for your consideration, would love to hear other ideas!

[name_f]Saloma[/name_f] [name_f]Mozelle[/name_f] (meaning “peace” “from the waters”)
[name_f]Samara[/name_f] [name_f]Mozelle[/name_f] (meaning “guided by god” “from the waters”)

[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]

[name_f]Annalise[/name_f] (middle name??)
[name_u]Simone[/name_u] (middle name??)

Are there any other gorgeous girl names for a peaceful and calm baby that you [name_f]LOVE[/name_f]. (I would love to use [name_f]Paloma[/name_f], but feel awkward since we are not a Spanish speaking family…) Or what do you think of any of the above? Good/bad what do you think? [name_f]Saloma[/name_f] sounds like Salami??

Help, I am all out of girl names!

[name_f]Aviva[/name_f] {and} [name_m]Eliyah[/name_m] {and} [name_u]Omari[/name_u] {or} [name_f]Ophira[/name_f]

{Hebrew names}

I like the way that sounds. And I am so glad to be getting some help. What about [name_f]Odeda[/name_f]? I am not sure how to pronounce though? Like [name_f]Odetta[/name_f]?

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] might give you [name_m]Moe[/name_m] as a nn.
[name_f]Serena[/name_f] is a lovely peaceful name you might like.
[name_f]Zulema[/name_f], [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], [name_f]Pacifica[/name_f], [name_f]Jemima[/name_f], [name_f]Irene[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] all have peace connections. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Amani[/name_f]? It keeps the A theme, and the m might give you [name_m]Moe[/name_m] - perhaps with a O-initial mn you can swing [name_m]Moe[/name_m].

[name_f]Odeda[/name_f]'s nice - I’d go for the [name_f]Odetta[/name_f] pronounciation too, though I’m not sure. And [name_f]Samara[/name_f] sounds good - very nice with your sibset. [name_f]Saloma[/name_f] doesn’t sound too much like salami to me, but I can see that she might end up getting called that in the playground.

Or what about [name_f]Amara[/name_f]? That keeps the A theme and has a peaceful meaning, plus works with your older daughter’s names.

Aw :).

[name_f]Odeda[/name_f] would work nicely, too.

Nameberry says “oh-dehd-yah”.

What do you think of [name_f]Zulema[/name_f] as a Hebrew peace-related-meaning alternative to [name_f]Paloma[/name_f]/[name_f]Saloma[/name_f]/[name_f]Salome[/name_f]?

[name_f]Aviva[/name_f] {and} [name_m]Eliyah[/name_m] {and}

“A” Hebrew suggestions - [name_u]Abilene[/name_u], [name_f]Adara[/name_f], [name_f]Adina[/name_f], [name_m]Adriel[/name_m], [name_f]Amaris[/name_f], [name_m]Amiel[/name_m], Asenath, Ataret, Atira

“E” Hebrew suggestions - [name_f]Etana[/name_f]

[name_m]Eliyah[/name_m], [name_f]Aviva[/name_f] and [name_u]Shalom[/name_u] - how has no one suggested this yet? You have your S, your NN [name_m]Moe[/name_m] AND peace.

I would like [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] if it were not #1 on the nameberry chart. I like that it does not have an “a” ending like the rest of my girls, sounds definitive! I liked [name_m]Zeke[/name_m] for a boy for that reason so I really really want to like [name_f]Zulema[/name_f]. Can’t tell if it is too far out there, or not pretty enough… what do you think? I have the same issues with [name_f]Saloma[/name_f]. I really feel like this baby is [name_f]Saloma[/name_f] for the “ommm” peaceful sound in there, but everybody looks at me funny when I float the idea.

What about [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] ([name_f]Annelise[/name_f]?)

Yes, [name_u]Shalom[/name_u] would totally work. Is it an odd name? That is how I got to love [name_f]Salome[/name_f], but too many people nixed it because of the biblical negative connotation (though names like [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] seem to be doing ok…)

Sorry, but [name_f]Saloma[/name_f] did make me think of salami (before I got that far in your post). [name_f]Samira[/name_f] is lovely, also [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], [name_f]Samara[/name_f], [name_f]Surya[/name_f], [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], [name_f]Sophronia[/name_f], [name_f]Sarai[/name_f].

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]! In [name_m]Brasil[/name_m] they pronounce it sim-O-nee

[name_f]Samora[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]?
[name_f]Talia[/name_f] [name_u]Salem[/name_u]?
[name_u]Emory[/name_u] [name_u]Dove[/name_u]?

I GREATLY appreciate the honesty on [name_f]Saloma[/name_f] (especially since I am blindly attached to it, is super useful to get a more objective opinion). Thank you! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Salome[/name_f] is a no-no? Or some other spelling of either ([name_f]Soloma[/name_f], Suloma, SulaMae, Solomay… etc)

I am in love with [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]! and It means “place of peace” so it sounds perfect for you.

I love paloma and im not spanish speaking either . [name_f]Saloma[/name_f] is nice too. I like and babysat for simone. She spelled it symone. I know a little girl middle name amani which is beautiful. I dont really have any offerings for you tho. Good luck!

[name_f]Yonina[/name_f] ([name_f]Yo[/name_f] instead of [name_u]Mo[/name_u]?) is Hebrew and means “dove” which I associate with peace.

[name_f]Shulamit[/name_f] means “peace” in Hebrew.

[name_u]Shalom[/name_u] is more of a boy’s name.

http://www.kveller.com/jewish_names/?l=65

I really like [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] and Ruchama, actually.

http://www.kveller.com/jewish_names/?k=S <–I always like Shoshana (Sho for Mo?)

Shimona is equivalent to Simone, but with a real “mo” sound in there.

I have always loved [name_f]Salome[/name_f] too! Although as Biblical names go, she’s like [name_f]Jezebel[/name_f]… sounds so cool, but would be hard to wear. Perhaps [name_f]Salome[/name_f] could be a middle name with a soft and peaceful first name?
[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Adah[/name_f]? ([name_m]AH[/name_m]-duh) It’s the name of the second woman in [name_u]Genesis[/name_u]. My husband and I love it. It means “ornament” or “beautiful addition.” [name_f]Adah[/name_f] [name_f]Salome[/name_f] is very sweet!
Have you considered [name_u]Ariel[/name_u]? ([name_m]Ezra[/name_m] 8:16-altar; light or lion of God) [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] also gives reference to [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]'s The [name_f]Tempest[/name_f], which very much makes me think of water.
Or name her [name_f]Serah[/name_f] ([name_f]Gen[/name_f]. 46:17 -lady of scent; song; the morning star)
[name_f]Achsah[/name_f] (Judges 1:14-15) Water reference!
[name_u]Sion[/name_u]
[name_f]Amani[/name_f]
[name_f]Atarah[/name_f] (1 Chron. 2:26 - a crown)
or [name_f]Drusilla[/name_f] (Acts 24:24 -watered by the dew) .
Of all the other suggestions so far, I think [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u] and [name_u]Shalom[/name_u] get you the closest to what you are looking for without leaving the realm of practicality. [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u] is very pretty as well!
And I think you can call her “[name_u]Mo[/name_u]” no matter what her given name may be. It can be a special family nickname! :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Adah[/name_f], but it has the accent on the second syllable.

I like [name_u]Ari[/name_u]/[name_m]Aryeh[/name_m]/[name_u]Ariel[/name_u], but for a boy. [name_f]Ariela[/name_f] is nice for a girl though.

[name_f]Salome[/name_f] is beautiful. And there is a “good” bible character with the same name: Salome (disciple) - Wikipedia