The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

Where can I search a name? On the main site.

1 Like

I’ve just checked on desktop and it’s still in the same place, but on mobile I’m only seeing advanced search. Are you on mobile? I’ll send a quick note about this too.

Yes, on mobile.

Just worked out that if you turn your device to landscape orientation, the search bar appears. But I will still try to get it added back to portrait view too!

1 Like

I’m curious - are there still comments on the name pages? I was just scrolling through a page ([name_f]Daisy[/name_f]) and didn’t see a comment area. I rarely comment, so I’m not too upset if they’re gone, but I did like seeing other people’s perspectives.

1 Like

No more comments on name pages. There were some excellent comments adding valuable information, but there were also many purely personal takes on the names and some quite vicious/personal debates. We decided on balance that they weren’t adding a huge amount of value to the name pages as a resource, and were potentially causing problems in some cases.

5 Likes

Ah, makes sense. There definitely were a lot of arguments in the comments :grimacing:

1 Like

What about the blog post comments?

1 Like

Also gone, unfortunately. We weren’t getting enough comments to justify it. But we are thinking of trialling a system where we link to the Forums for further discussion of blog posts. However, that will have to wait until any teething issues have been ironed out.

4 Likes

I don’t know where to put this, but when I click on account on the main website to get to the name lists it shows this. It was working earlier today.

1 Like

Eek, OK, thank you. I will pass this on.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Any thoughts on website update?

Oh no! This is the first we’ve seen this — I’ll let the tech team know.

Is Namehunter gone? I didn’t see it on the site and when I typed it in manually I got a 404 error

2 Likes

Yes, but the NB team is currently working on a new and improved feature to replace it. :smiley:

3 Likes

Ooh that’s exciting

2 Likes

This isn’t really a question but I didn’t think it needed a whole thread so I’m putting it here, I hope that’s okay!

I noticed this morning that in the Advanced Search feature, there are “Ukranian” and “Ukrainian” - I think the former is just a typo but different names show up depending on which you select. When I went back to screenshot, I noticed Uganda/Ugandan has a similar issue. Of course this isn’t urgent but I thought I’d bring it up so the team is aware.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 10.17.06 AM

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, these look like errors/differences with adding the names into the database to me. I will put it on the list to be looked at once the current issues are sorted.

1 Like

I believe Sanskrit is the same way. Unless it’s been changed, there is Sanskrit and Sanksrit.

2 Likes

Is there any way to change the email my account is connected to? I’ve looked through settings, and all it says is “Email can be updated from SSO provider”.