The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

Update on the drop-down menu: I’ve added back shortcuts to Top, [name_u]New[/name_u], Unread, and Latest.

6 Likes

All of the names I’ve been posting today and yesterday aren’t hyperlinking, but most other posts come up with the hyperlinks…. Has this been happening to anyone else?

5 Likes

Yesterday no names showed up as hyperlinks for me, but it mostly works again today. I didn’t do anything to fix it, it just started working again

4 Likes

No hyperlinks are showing up in my own posts either today. I see them in some other posts from other users, but not all.

6 Likes

I will look into this! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

1 Like

If [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] stepped down, who makes the amendments on Database entries you’d like to see amended?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] [name_f]Miranda[/name_f],
I have taken over for @katinka as head moderator! Carrying on how she did things, I will be making these amendments in batches every few months or so.

2 Likes

[name_m]Can[/name_m] you change your username on Nameberry?

1 Like

From the FAQ:
"Can I change my username?

Unfortunately not. You would need to reregister a new account with a different email address if you wanted to go by a different name on the forums."

2 Likes

@Johannaa is correct. Unfortunately we aren’t able to change someone’s username on this platform.

I’ve wanted to edit my post in the What names have we missed thread to add some more information but there’s no option anymore to do that. Is that a glitch or is there a limit for how long you can edit posts?

I believe there is a time limit

1 Like

Thank you

@Kublis As a newer member, you can edit your post up to 24 hours after you have posted it.

As you move to a higher trust level, this will change.

See the info in this link for more info.

1 Like

How do you find out what percentage of posts or topics you’ve read in the last 100 days?

1 Like

It may just be me, but I feel like the site has been running slower since the recent system update. It lagged out big time when I went to edit one of my posts, and it just happened again when I tried to check out the new table feature.

I guess I’m just wondering if anyone else is having issues, or if it is on my end.

6 Likes

i’ve definitely been having more issues too! especially when i go to first open the site - it’ll load forever and usually times out.

1 Like

@CherryBomb50, I don’t know how you can find out what percentage of posts or topics you’ve read in the last 100 days but you can see how many post and topics you’ve read in the last quarter with this link: Users

1 Like

[name_f]Every[/name_f] name page I’ve seen says the page was updated in the last week or so, even the most obscure names with no information. Is that true or perhaps a glitch?

9 Likes

For me it always says it’s been updated the day I’m viewing it, has been like that for a couple of months now.

5 Likes