The All About Nameberry Quick Question Thread

I just read through this thread;

I wonder if this is the cause?

1 Like

That would make sense!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there, new user here! :wave:t2:

I’m wondering about using numbers/symbols to replace letters in names. I know it’s for privacy, to limit searchability online. But it seems like most posters don’t use them, even for distinctive names and sibling sets. Is it just a personal preference thing? Are there recommendations about when to disguise names?

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f]! No, it’s entirely personal preference, no rules about it but whatever you feel comfortable with.

1 Like

How do I edit my profile to write my name combos in it? I’ve been on here a month and I still can’t figure out how!

click on your pfp, then click on the little head icon, then tap on the preferences tool. from there, toggle the preference to be for your profile.

from there you can edit your user card to include names or any other information you want!

1 Like

Thanks! I have been trying to figure it out for so long I just gave up!

1 Like

Ok, let me know if you need any help later!

1 Like

@katinka [name_u]Will[/name_u] there ever be a time where we can add pictures to our UCs?

I don’t know, I’m afraid. It depends on what functions are added by Discourse in future updates. But you can already add a background image (including an animated one), as I see you already have done.

1 Like

I was just wondering, are there some other requirements you need to fulfil in order to get the anniversary badge? According to my profile, I joined one year ago yesterday, but I don’t have the badge yet.

I don’t think so, sometimes the badges just take a few days to come through.

Ok, thanks!

How do you get a name to link back to it’s page? Because sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn’t.

As far as I know, it needs to be capitalised and it can’t have anything like brackets around it. You also need to wait somewhere between 4 and 10 minutes for it to link. Example - [name_f]Amy[/name_f]

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

How do I make a separation line in a post?

You can type three or more hyphens or asterisks next to each other on their own line

1 Like

No, only you and site admins (that’s just me and @pam).

Does anyone know if a person gets a notification if you have bookmarked their comment?