šŸŽ€ the best girl names!

Thanks everyone for such beautiful suggestions!
:ballet_shoes::sparkles:

these may not be the ā€œbestā€. of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder. but these are some of my favorites.

[name_f]Effie[/name_f] - one of my personal favorites. i just like itā€™s simple effervescence. itā€™s short and sweet, but still feels like a beautiful almost princess-y name to me.

[name_u]Montana[/name_u] - this has been on the top of my list for a couple years now. I donā€™t have any particular reason for this one I just really like it.

[name_f]Caprice[/name_f] - a name I just discovered. I have had [name_f]Capri[/name_f] on my list for awhile now and loved itā€™s pretty tropical feel, but [name_f]Caprice[/name_f] just has a little something more to it lol

[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] - a pretty, floral name

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - i think we all think of the [name_f]Disney[/name_f] princess when we hear this name which I enjoy. I also like that it makes me think of the aurora borealis as well. I just overall find it v pretty.

[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] - I feel like this name is a classic. Sheā€™s a bit popular but overall I feel like itā€™s a beautiful name.

[name_u]Indiana[/name_u] - take a shot (of juice) every time I use the word ā€œprettyā€ lmao. but itā€™s true I think [name_u]Indiana[/name_u] sounds very pretty but also has an almost bohemian vibe to it (probably because of the nickname Indi). I also think I can visualize the name. It makes me think of summerā€™s by the lake.

[name_u]Paisley[/name_u] - just precious imo

1 Like

I am curious to know what you like about [name_u]Paisley[/name_u]! And [name_u]Montana[/name_u]. Those have never been my style because [name_u]Paisley[/name_u] reminds me of an herb / plant used in cooking (I donā€™t remember which though) and I generally am not a big fan of -ley / -leigh surname trendy -ish names while [name_u]Montana[/name_u] is cool, but sounds too harsh for me! no offense, my own opinion!
I know that those names are important for you! so may you tell me what you like of them ! :]
[name_f]My[/name_f] favourites from this list is [name_f]Effie[/name_f], [name_f]Effie[/name_f] is adorable as a name or as a nickname for [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f], Felicityā€¦
Then I like [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] / [name_f]ChloĆ©[/name_f], like it because it is mythological but modern yet sweet and international, but here in my country it has risen a lot in rankings in one year only and is starting to be trendy! (Here is pronounced [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] like ā€œAyā€ instead of ā€œeeā€ and I prefer the default pronunciation here in Europe, Chloh-ay instead of Chloh-ee)

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is okay! i donā€™t like it neither I dislike it, it is a beautiful name too!

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] - this has been a favorite since childhood. It feels pretty, strong, and rolls off the tongue nicely.

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - Short and spunky, but also delicate and intriguing.

[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] - So fun to say and endless nicknames.

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] - mysterious and beautiful.

[name_f]Elora[/name_f] - another mysterious and uncommon name.

Other favorites:
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]
[name_u]Ocean[/name_u]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Oona[/name_f]
[name_f]Talia[/name_f]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lena[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is a name I like too! Probably one of my favourites in your list!
I also like [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], [name_f]Talia[/name_f], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Effie[/name_f], and [name_f]Della[/name_f]
I appreciate [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Ocean[/name_u] and [name_f]Oona[/name_f] are so cool and sassy! I prefer spelled [name_f]OcƩane[/name_f] and [name_f]Una[/name_f] though.
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_u]Haven[/name_u] are not exactly my style, but I do not despise them neither. They are perfectly okay and stylish names that are nature-ish for me.

Names I think are the best is a really interesting idea. Iā€™m going to do a mixture of my personal favorites and some that are ones I completely get why people like

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] - Arguably one of the most timeless names ever. I think this one continues to stand out because of the amount of nicknames. You can totally adapt [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] to any personality because of the nicknames. There are some amazing Elizabethā€™s in history, present day, everywhere you look really. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] can stand out or retreat inward.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - Gaining popularity more recently but I think this name is gorgeous. Lots of nickname potential - [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_u]Ange[/name_u], [name_f]Lena[/name_f], etc. It feels vintage and refreshing but not dated. Itā€™s a standout name that still suits lots of personalities.

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] - A little more than [name_f]Rose[/name_f], a little less intense than [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]. It hits a sweet spot of beautiful, playful, and class. The -lee names continue to trend and this fits modern conventions without feeling made up.

[name_f]Tessa[/name_f] - To me this name hits just right. Itā€™s short and sweet. Itā€™s not overly frilly and not unisex if people arenā€™t into that. It feels familiar without being in your face popular. The s- sounds soften it and that a brings it right back to feel cheerful. Shortened [name_f]Tess[/name_f] I know feels refined to many people.

[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] - Iā€™m a unisex, surname loving namer at heart. Definitely not a lot of peoples taste but I think [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] is a sweet spot for some people. It has the last name ending - an, is gender neutral, but many associate with women. I think it has a feeling of comfort without being a granny name, it doesnā€™t feel out of place currently with all of the [name_u]Madison[/name_u], Adalyns of the world. In the best way to me it feels fine. Like nothing to worry about, casual attitude vibe.

2 Likes

I think the herb you are thinking of is Parsley which I guess I could see, but truthfully my brain doesnā€™t make that connection, if anything I personally think of the pattern/print but I donā€™t typically pair them together when I am looking at it as a name. Itā€™s a newer edition to my list & I understand it isnā€™t for everybody. I think for me it has a cute, southern feel to it (& i grew up in the south) so that resonates with me. I also personally have a few -ley surname names on my list (i.e. McKinley, Prestley). As for [name_u]Montana[/name_u], I donā€™t really have a real deep reasoning behind the name. I used to know someone with the name (we werenā€™t real close, just acquaintances) & the name just really stuck out in my mind and has resonated with me through the years. I can see how it comes off a bit harsh because it doesnā€™t really have a flow to it, so I canā€™t blame you for your view point on it.

& I just want to add because I canā€™t believe I forgot to include it in my original comment but I also really like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I have had a few people in my life that were special to me (one being a woman who was like a grandmother to me who passed last year) with the name & overall I think it is a beautiful, vintage, classic name. I also feel like it fits into the ā€œlong princess-yā€ category (for example the blonde girl in the princess in the frog. wasnā€™t her name charlotte or am I misremembering? lol)

like I mentioned before ā€œbeauty is in the eye of the beholderā€ so everyone is going to have a different style so itā€™s okay that we donā€™t have the same view point on certain names.

2 Likes

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_m]Aviyah[/name_m]
[name_f]Avielle[/name_f]
Aniella
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_u]SalomƩ[/name_u]
[name_f]Odelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
I remember a time when I thought [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] was beautiful before it became overused
[name_u]Beverly[/name_u]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f]
[name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleni[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Illiana[/name_f]

1 Like

Bookmarked this thread and forgot about itā€¦ so here I am very late! :dizzy:

The very best girl names, IMO, are:

[name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Solveig[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Goldie[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Posie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Zosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]

It was especially fun to read everyone elseā€™s. Iā€™m getting so much inspo! :cloud:

1 Like

these are my personal favourites! i like these because of the way they sound/look.

[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucie[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Brielle[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
[name_u]Jade[/name_u]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_u]Esme[/name_u]
[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f]
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]Celine[/name_f]
[name_f]Adeluna[/name_f]

so hard to choose! here are someā€¦

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Calanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ekaterina[/name_f]
[name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Evaluna[/name_f]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Perla[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eira[/name_f]
Mirhan
[name_f]Cosette[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]
[name_f]April[/name_f]

Bump for the new users!

[name_u]Wonderful[/name_u] thread.

Iā€™m just going to list the names that come to me as I am typing this :slight_smile:

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_u]Juno[/name_u]
[name_u]Cleo[/name_u]
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Solveig[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]
[name_f]Talullah[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_u]Artemis[/name_u]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Marceline[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Evelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Zeraphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_u]Shia[/name_u]
[name_f]Evaluna[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhiannon[/name_f]
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeva[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronte[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
Maelily
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this thread! :two_hearts:
Iā€™m going to just list my top 10 favourites, that I think really just work. They have the elegance and beauty, and I think they are pretty lovely internationally.

[name_f]Gloria[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanore[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]

And 10 names that I just think are a dream (in addition to the ones above. I especially adore [name_f]Gloria[/name_f], [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Claudia[/name_f], [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] and Eleanore)

[name_f]Gisele[/name_f]
Fleuriel
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_u]Dione[/name_u]
Seraphelle
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
Roses
Florabel
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]

1 Like

Posting again to see how much my taste has changed in a year -

[name_f]Aveline[/name_f]
[name_f]AzƩlie[/name_f]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Beulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Della[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eilona[/name_f]
[name_f]Embla[/name_f]
[name_u]Esca[/name_u]
[name_f]Esmerelda[/name_f] / [name_u]Esme[/name_u]
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Fenna[/name_f] / [name_f]Fenja[/name_f]
[name_f]Gracie[/name_f]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Hilda[/name_f] / [name_f]Hildie[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] / [name_f]Imogene[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Iola[/name_f]
[name_f]Ione[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
Ivadelle
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] / [name_f]Yasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Jeane[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabli[/name_f]
[name_f]Magali[/name_f]
[name_f]Mairi[/name_f]
[name_f]Muriel[/name_f]
[name_f]Nella[/name_f] / [name_f]Nelda[/name_f] / [name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Nephele[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Orlagh[/name_f]
[name_f]Orpah[/name_f]
[name_f]Osla[/name_f]
[name_u]Penny[/name_u]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Posie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Saorla[/name_f]
[name_f]Sephora[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Trudie[/name_f]
[name_f]Yara[/name_f]

Plus many, many more :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Fiadh[/name_f] - (our angel baby girl and my all time forever favorite name) :deer:

[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] - the closest Iā€™ve got to big sisterā€™s name :honey_pot:nickname [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]

[name_f]Marigold[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] - love this [name_f]Goldie[/name_f], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. [name_u]Will[/name_u] still be a contender for future babies. Marigoldā€™s guide the souls back to earthšŸŒ»

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] - just love [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], I picture a little girl with blonde hair. [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] goes nicely with her brothers names

Ismary - I love this name. I could have sworn we would use it with the nickname [name_f]Immy[/name_f]

[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] - another full name [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] option. [name_u]Bright[/name_u] and sunny to me :sparkles:

[name_f]Marsali[/name_f] - beautiful strong warrior name, [name_u]Sal[/name_u] is a fun nickname for a girl

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - love this name, I seem to like F names. [name_f]Essie[/name_f] or [name_f]Effie[/name_f] are cute

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] - love [name_f]Delle[/name_f], I always find this name pretty

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] - bringer of happiness, it feels beachy to me. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Bea[/name_f] :honeybee:

2 Likes

i love girly names!

marie
evangeline (such a beautiful name)
marcela
juliet
angelina (ugh so lovely and dainty)
delancy/delancey
genevieve
annaliese
valentina
fiona
rosemary
adley
ingrid/imogen
sienna
marzia

2 Likes

AH, I love this thread. I forgot about it! In addition to my previous comment, my current crushes are:

[name_f]Josefa[/name_f]
[name_f]Annelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Johanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Maebry[/name_f]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
Soleyn
Lulabell
[name_f]Romella[/name_f] nn [name_u]Romy[/name_u]

2 Likes

For me, the best girl names are

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Annaliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Anthea[/name_f]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethia[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Coral[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
Eleanor/a
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Hepzibah[/name_f]
[name_f]Ione[/name_f]
[name_f]Jennifer[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Jayne[/name_f]
[name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lara[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamara[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Yasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Yolande[/name_f]
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]
[name_u]Zoe[/name_u].

[name_f]My[/name_f] list in full!

1 Like

Struggling to love anything atm, but these are my favourites right now.

[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marina[/name_f]
[name_f]Estela[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]

2 Likes