The Christian Girl Name Saga #2

• Christabel
  • Junia
  • Atarah
  • Magdalene
  • Seraphina

0 voters

Hello everyone!! It’s my first time making a poll on the new format so apologies if this goes wrong, I am not very technologically savvy.

Thank you everyone who commented on my last post, there were some amazing suggestions!

I feel so honored my family friend asked for my help with her little girl’s name, she’s due mid-late [name_u]June[/name_u] so I’ll definitely update on what they decide on!

After talking to her for about an hour about the names, this is what we have landed on for current top 5 ideas:

Christabel- She loves this name, as I said before, it is her favourite, but she is very hesitant because she does not like the nicknames for it, ie [name_f]Chrissy[/name_f], [name_u]Christy[/name_u] etc, so shes hesitant about it

Junia- She loved this suggestion, by the way she sounds talking about it I think its one of her favourites, especially because shes due in [name_u]June[/name_u] there is a sentimental element

Atarah- I mean its just so cute? and with its meaning any little girl with this name would feel like a princess, its personally one of my favourites on the list so I pushed for it a little bit, but she really loves it as well!! Concern with nicknames, she isn’t the biggest fan of [name_u]Ara[/name_u] because it is a technology school where we live, and doesn’t know what else she would use

Magdalene- Loved the tradition, the [name_u]Christian[/name_u] connection, the nicknames, the femininity, the familiarity but not popularity, and basically she’s thinking “Couldn’t go wrong with it” So its basically her “safe option” right now

Seraphina- She thought it was stunning! But she also worries that its a bit too “whimsical”, and I see her concern.

What do you think?
We are both so keen to hear more of your lovely opinions, your honest thoughts no matter how brutal, and of course your favourites from this list!!

Thank you as always, for any input, I am so grateful for this community,

Love, [name_f]Vera[/name_f].

1 Like

I voted [name_f]Christabel[/name_f]! It’s so lovely, and if it’s her favorite, then it’s the best option in my book!

1 Like

I love Christabel, Seraphina and Magdalene!
I would love to see Magdalene more often. It is such an underused name! Elegant, sweet and perfect for a Christian family. I really like it and I don’t find it a “safe choice”.
Seraphina is a bright and colorful name! Really powerful and beautiful. It sounds very charming too.
Christabel is very interesting and distinct choice. What about Bel/Belle or Crystal as a nickname?

1 Like

Christabel and [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] are lovely, and whilst I don’t love [name_f]Junia[/name_f] I do love [name_u]June[/name_u] or [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. In regards to [name_f]Christabel[/name_f], I know one and she’s never been called [name_f]Chrissie[/name_f] or [name_u]Christy[/name_u] - she either gets called [name_f]Christabel[/name_f], [name_u]Bell[/name_u] or [name_f]Bella[/name_f].

1 Like

Love the name [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]!! I think you could call her [name_f]Sera[/name_f], Se Se,or even Fi Fi form phina.

1 Like

It’s so tough to choose! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Atarah[/name_f] and [name_f]Junia[/name_f] but all of them are beautiful. Maybe [name_f]Attie[/name_f] or [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] for [name_f]Atarah[/name_f]? [name_f]Junia[/name_f] is very sweet and I love the nn [name_f]Junie[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Christabel and [name_f]Junia[/name_f] are my favorites!

1 Like

I say [name_f]Junia[/name_f]! If she has reservations about the nickname options of [name_f]Christabel[/name_f], I think it would make a very good middle. Because while she could easily avoid any of those nicknames in early childhood, there is always the possibility the child would want to go by one when she’s older.
[name_f]Junia[/name_f] [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] would be gorgeous.

1 Like

My pick was [name_f]Junia[/name_f]. While not completely avoidable I think that the nickname potential for [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] isn’t that far off from things that could arise growing up- easy to avoid when she’s little harder to avoid as she grows up and may choose such nn’s for herself.

For [name_f]Atarah[/name_f], I actually feel the default nn would be [name_f]Tara[/name_f] not sure if that makes a difference

Magdalene is my personal fave of the list but for your friend Infeel [name_f]Junia[/name_f] is best and love the idea of that name for a [name_u]June[/name_u] baby

2 Likes

I’m not sure how to vote, honestly. Here are my opinions:

[name_f]Christabel[/name_f] - I like this one as I think it’s a unique alternative to names like [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] which are pretty common, not to mention [name_f]Christina[/name_f], [name_u]Christy[/name_u], & Co. And I really do think nicknames are avoidable. She would just have to make sure to introduce her as [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] and kindly correct anyone who calls her anything else. It probably won’t be that difficult as I don’t know of many people who would use a nickname unless told. (In fact, in my experience, it’s generally the other way around. I’ve had classes with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_u]Madison[/name_u], and [name_f]Virginia[/name_f] who had to specify that they preferred to be called [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f], [name_f]Maddie[/name_f], and [name_f]Ginny[/name_f].) So I wouldn’t worry about that. This one probably gets my vote because it seems to be her clear favorite, and I am a huge advocate for using the name you love. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Junia[/name_f] - This is cute! If she ends up not sticking with [name_f]Christabel[/name_f], [name_f]Junia[/name_f] [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] would make a sweet combo!

[name_f]Atarah[/name_f] - Personally, don’t love the way this sounds at all. First, it sounds like Atari to me, so I just get outdated game vibes. (Odd, I know.) Also, the word ‘tar’ just really sticks out for me, making it totally unappealing. [name_m]Just[/name_m] really not a fan. Sorry. :grimacing:

[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] - This is lovely, and she certainly couldn’t go wrong with it. But it doesn’t sound to me like she’s really in love with it.

[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] - Definitely whimsical and stunning! Those are good qualities, imo. It does sound to me like more of a crush for her, though, based on her concern.

So I would vote for them in this order for her:

1. [name_f]Christabel[/name_f]
  2. [name_f]Junia[/name_f] (Again, love it with [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] as a mn!)
  3. [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f]
  4. [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
  5. [name_f]Atarah[/name_f]
1 Like

I voted [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]. It has the [name_u]Christian[/name_u] connection your friend is looking for, it’s elegant, classy and I like [name_f]Sera[/name_f] as a nickname.
[name_f]My[/name_f] other fave and one I suggested was [name_f]Atarah[/name_f] but thinking about middle names the only one that comes to my mind is [name_f]Tara[/name_f].

1 Like

Atarah and [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] is gorgeous! [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] or [name_u]Ari[/name_u] could be other nn for [name_f]Atarah[/name_f]

1 Like

I like [name_f]Christabel[/name_f] a lot! It reminds me of my flowery, dainty [name_f]Christa[/name_f] love, [name_f]Christiana[/name_f]. :heart: If I were to have a [name_f]Christiana[/name_f], she’d be either [name_f]Christa[/name_f] or [name_f]Tiana[/name_f]–maybe [name_f]Christa[/name_f] is an option? I’m not a [name_f]Chrissy[/name_f]/Christy person, but I LOVE [name_f]Christa[/name_f]. I suppose there’s always [name_f]Belle[/name_f]/Bella/Ella/Ellie, too? Or even as a stretch, [name_u]Abby[/name_u].

[name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] is my second favorite, although I’ve always preferred [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f] or [name_f]Maddalena[/name_f]. I love the nns [name_f]Magda[/name_f], [name_f]Della[/name_f], and even [name_f]Leni[/name_f]/Lena.

[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] I’ve never seen the appeal of, and I’m not too keen on [name_u]June[/name_u] names, although I do like [name_f]Junia[/name_f] for the tie to St. [name_m]Paul[/name_m]'s relative. :slight_smile: [name_f]Atarah[/name_f] I’m not too familiar with, so I can’t comment on that one, although I do like the idea of [name_f]Athalia/name_f a bit more in theory?

Good luck!

1 Like