The “Forever” Name

Ingrid. I just adore it, clunkiness and all!
[name_u]August[/name_u]. I’ve loved [name_u]August[/name_u] for a girl for ages.
Finally, sweet [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

Those are my three that I will always be sad I didn’t use.

6 Likes

Any variation of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]. [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], Elanora. [name_u]Love[/name_u] them all.

4 Likes

Helena

4 Likes

Also [name_f]Nell[/name_f]! We gave our youngest the middle name [name_f]Helena[/name_f] and I always hoped to have [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as a possible nickname, it would really suit her too! But it’s just never happened naturally. She’s Noush or Noushka rather than [name_f]Nell[/name_f].

9 Likes

Florence/Florrie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: She’s been on my list since I was 15, and no matter what style I’m feeling at the time, [name_f]Florence[/name_f]/Florrie always gives me this warm, fuzzy feeling. I was so relieved when S/O said he liked [name_f]Florence[/name_f] but loved [name_f]Florrie[/name_f]!

8 Likes

@leafsgirl44

Your new avatar gives me such strong [name_f]Florence[/name_f]/Florrie vibes too :cherry_blossom: It’s perfect for you!

2 Likes

Sarai definitely

7 Likes

For YEARS, I swore that my first daughter would be named [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] nn [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. DH likes it, but now that I’m faced with actually naming a child, [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] seems too “out-there” to be perfectly usable, and DH finds [name_f]Anna[/name_f] boring (even though I think it’s gorgeous and classic and understated).

Now, over the past few years, the names that never seem to leave my list are [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

6 Likes

Nora and [name_f]Lily[/name_f]

3 Likes

Gotta be [name_f]Pandora[/name_f] for me. Apart from a brief switch to [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] for a couple of months, she’s been #1 for a daughter for about 6 years.

5 Likes

It’s [name_f]Iris[/name_f] for me, it’s just destined to be my daughters name.

4 Likes

Stella! It used to be [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] but I hate that it’s so popular so I won’t be using it. A few more of my top girl names that have been on my list for forever include [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Lillian[/name_f].

4 Likes

I have always loved [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]/Wolfie for a baby girl but unfortunately is completely unusable where I live. [name_f]My[/name_f] usable forever name is [name_f]Persephone[/name_f].

7 Likes

@katinka Thank you! :two_hearts: [name_f]My[/name_f] avatar is my favourite flower (hydrangeas) and they do give me that same delicate, sweet feel that [name_f]Florence[/name_f]/Florrie does! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Elizabeth after my grandma who raised me.

2 Likes

Catherine/Katharine

This name gives me such joy. The spelling depends on what mood I’m in. [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is more dreamy, light hearted, and sweet. [name_f]Katharine[/name_f] is more grounded, level headed, and reminiscent of Hepburn.

6 Likes

Alexis and [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] :slight_smile:
since i was about 7 i have loved these names and i’m 25

1 Like

There are a couple for me…
[name_u]Avery[/name_u], its a very significant double family name which I happen to adore.
And [name_u]Skye[/name_u], a name that just makes me happy :blue_heart:

And since I have kept a dog name list as long as I have kept a baby name list, I’ll add in [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] which I finally got to use recently :blush:

I’ve loved [name_f]Claire[/name_f]/Clara since I was a child, perhaps because of the nutcracker? Sadly it rhymes with my last name and would sound ridiculous :frowning: I still have a special place in my heart for it, I wish I saw more little [name_f]Clara[/name_f]’s at the playground!

1 Like

Cady or [name_f]Addie[/name_f], not sure of long forms for [name_f]Addie[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]Adeline[/name_f].