the initials IP

Now that we’ve narrowed our name choices down to the final 3, I’m trying to figure out things wrong with each name and play devil’s advocate in a way. So…one name is [name]Isla[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] Pop*****.

Her initials would end up being IP.

Are these horrible initials to give a child and would you not use a name just for this reason?

I guess I don’t think it’s horrible.
Kids would probably pick up on it… but then again I never really thought about my friends initials when I was little.

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Analiese[/name] is beautiful!

In case you decide to change it, here are some names like [name]Isla[/name]:

[name]Eila[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Ayla[/name]
[name]Raina[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] (LYE-lah)
[name]Lila[/name] ([name]LEE[/name]-lah)
[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Lula[/name]
[name]Lilla[/name] ([name]LIL[/name]-ah)
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Lilou[/name] ([name]LEE[/name]-loo)
[name]Lael[/name] (lay-[name]EL[/name])
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Jayla[/name]
[name]Milla[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Perla[/name]
[name]Selah[/name] ([name]SAY[/name]-lah)
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Twila[/name] (TWEYE-la)
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Zella[/name]

Good luck!

A couple more:

[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]

I don’t have a problem with the initials IP. [name]Isla[/name] [name]Annalise[/name] is lovely!

I think if you’re in love with the name in every other way, then do it. Unless you’re the type that monogram everything (pillowcases, lunch boxes) nobody will notice. Especially since her name is so short, instead of labeling her coat IP you can use her full name [name]Isla[/name]!

My first thought was IP address… and I wondered why that would bother you! :slight_smile: Then I realized “I pee”, but still… wouldn’t deter me from the perfect name!

the initials quickly bring to mind the business term “intellectual property” i work in the design field and hear this on a daily basis.

i don’t think its a bad connotation like people that have the initials BM or BJ.

name if very pretty.

I’m an attorney and I didn’t even think of that IP. :wink:

Oh good, this makes me feel so much better about using the name!!

Thank you all for your responses, and you’re right…I’ll just use her full name when labeling things.

Me, too!

[name]Love[/name], love, [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Isla[/name] [name]Annelise[/name]. Please keep it! It’s beautiful!

This is so nice to hear, because the past couple days when people ask I’ve been starting to tell them “[name]Isla[/name]” and the majority just kind of look at me with a blank stare. I even go onto explain “I thought it would be cool since she is being born on an island and plus it’s just such an simple, yet beautiful name”

These comments make me feel better!!!

I agree with BlueBonnet…

I only thought of IP Address, but then I realized you were probably referring to “I pee…” Not a big deal. I mean, my brother is nearly 23 and he has gone through his entire life with the initials BM. Nobody has ever commented or made fun of him for it, and “bowel movement” is far worse than “I pee.”

I think [name]Isla[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name] is pretty! The only slight issue I see with it is that the end A in [name]Isla[/name] runs into the beginning A of [name]Anneliese[/name], but maybe that doesn’t bother you. If you do decide to change it, here are some other Scottish names you might enjoy -

[name]Blair[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name] “[name]Ellie[/name]” “[name]Elsa[/name]”
[name]Mairi[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Meriel[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Paisley[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]

Or, some other names meaning “island” -

[name]Avalon[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Kelsea[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Lindsey[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Ramsay[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Whitney[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think it’s a beautiful name and you should totally use it.
I feel very stupid cause I totally didn’t get it, haha. I kept repeating the initials and cdidn’t get what was wrong until I scrolled down and read the other replies. I think the name is beautiful and don’t worry about the initials…maybe kids will be as slow as me and not even see it…haha

I couldn’t figure it out for the longest time, I had to read someone else’s comment, I think you’re safe, little kids don’t know what initials are and she can give her initials IAP if this bothers her at any age, I think she will truly appreciate the beautiful name as a whole!

Here’s one more vote to keeping the name you love! (I love [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] so much!) :slight_smile: I know people with BM, BJ, and BS initials (and even someone with A$$ initials), and they’ve all grown up to become well-adjusted, happy adults.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

My initials are IP. And I’m a 15 year old high school student.
My friends and I have laughed about it, its never been a reason to pick on me.
Unlike you, my parents never thought about initials, but its never been a problem.
And [name]Isla[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name] is gorgeous! Go for it.

I think it is a wonderful choice.