The Lauren of todays generation?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Everyone! Obviously [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] was really popular in the US during the 80’s, 90’s and even early 2000’s. I was wondering what you think today’s equivalent would be style wise?

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]?

[name_f]Madison[/name_f] maybe?

3 Likes

[name_f]Emma[/name_f]?

I’m thinking something popular and familiar, no frills and maybe with a hint of unisex?

Perhaps:

[name_f]Evelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Autumn[/name_f]
[name_f]Darcy[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]

1 Like

I would say Vivian/ [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. I know of a Pre K group that has 5 in one grade level!!

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]! definitely

i’m thinking maybe…

harper
avery
madison
grace
brooklyn
adeline / adelyn

Hmm, interesting question. I’m a child of the 1980s and always had a [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] (or three) in my classes.

It feels a little bit different to some of the other common names of the time, like [name_f]Amanda[/name_f], [name_f]Melissa[/name_f], [name_f]Jessica[/name_f], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] … [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] is more streamlined and less frilly.

I like @Greyblue 's suggestion of Evelyn; that feels like a good match.

[name_m]Or[/name_m] maybe [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Lauren[/name_f] is interesting in that it isn’t a particularly traditional girl’s name (if I recall correctly, it actually used to be more common for boys at one point) and it was very rarely used until the actress [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] Bacall made it famous.

For me, I suppose something like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] or [name_f]Mila[/name_f] would fit, because of the celebrity influence. Modern unisex-style names like [name_f]Harper[/name_f] and [name_f]Madison[/name_f] would also fit.

4 Likes

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] has been popular from the mid 2000s up until now, so I’d go with that!
Style-wise, I feel [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] would be a more modern elaboration on [name_f]Lauren[/name_f].

Surprised how many people are saying [name_f]Madison[/name_f] - that’s extremely 2000s to me, there are obviously still babies being named [name_f]Madison[/name_f] but I consider it kind of dated.

1 Like

[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] or [name_f]Nora[/name_f]

I second [name_f]Harper[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and maybe [name_f]Avery[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Emily[/name_f]? [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] is simple and tailored, but it also has a musical, lyrical sound with nature imagery.

[name_f]Sonia[/name_f] and [name_f]Sarina[/name_f]

I think it’s [name_f]Harper[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] and [name_f]Avery[/name_f] hit the same sweet spot for me! They are popular and familiar, but not the most common name out there… right up there though. They both have a unisex touch despite being very popular for girls in their respective era. They give me the same vibes too - girly, but sporty and slightly preppy.

1 Like

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] would be my guess

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]!

Close runners up [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. I also second [name_f]Mila[/name_f] for the reasons (Mila Kunis).

[name_f]Hadley[/name_f]