The Lil- Era

The Social Security Administration has released the baby names for 2019 and there seems to be a pattern… I’m not really seeking advice in this post, just making a statement haha. But [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] is my absolute favorite name ever and I’m having a mini-crisis over how common all of these are… I’ll be ok tho :rofl: :rofl:

#34 - [name_f]Lily[/name_f]
#37 - [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
#109 - [name_f]Liliana[/name_f]
#192 - [name_f]Lilly[/name_f]
#227 - [name_f]Lila[/name_f]
#286 - [name_f]Lilah[/name_f]
#316 - [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f]
#403 - [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]
#604 - [name_f]Lilian[/name_f]
#648 - [name_f]Lillie[/name_f]
#775 - [name_f]Lilyana[/name_f]
#808 - [name_f]Lilianna[/name_f]

8 Likes

Lily is my favorite so I feel you :rofl: it being the top name kind of stings especially given how much I love it but hate popular names !

2 Likes

Inwardly congratulating myself that [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is still below the Top 1k. :smirk:

8 Likes

Oh no! That’s one of those names that’s like deceptively popular! It doesn’t feel too far up there but all the variations added together make it more common! [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t worry too much! From this list, I’ve only ever met a [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and I’ve met a [name_f]Lyla[/name_f] (Lie-Lah)!

2 Likes

And to think when I was younger I was the only [name_f]Lola[/name_f] I ever knew. All other L’s were [name_u]Lisa[/name_u]’s, Lizzies, or nicknames tbh.

@sophia_elena - I have 2 FB friends who named their daughters’ [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and a relative just named her daughter [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@tp_b I’m very educated on the background of [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] :heart_eyes: I don’t consider this a “safe” name. I just don’t want a common name, but I guess I need to make my peace with that :rofl:

1 Like

*Cries in UK*
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] is #9 and [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] is #86 over here

1 Like

As someone named [name_f]Lily[/name_f]? Mood. I’m so torn between being glad that many people like my name and wishing it was still less common like it was when I was little.

1 Like

It’s not just the [name_f]Lil[/name_f]- names either. There are so many other names that sound similar and are popular or rising too.

Think [name_f]Lyla[/name_f], [name_f]Lola[/name_f], [name_f]Layla[/name_f], [name_f]Laila[/name_f], [name_f]Leila[/name_f], [name_f]Lula[/name_f], etc. etc.

Sorry to make it worse! But these L-L names are definitely having “a moment”.

1 Like

@katinka You’re so right :sob::sob::sob: Maybe I’ll have a boy and won’t have to worry about all this :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

So many variations but still no [name_f]Lili[/name_f]! I thought with that actress [name_f]Lili[/name_f] [name_m]Reinhart[/name_m] around it might make some waves. I’m surprised!

If you love Lilleth, go with Lilleth!

In the U.K. [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is up at no. 9!!! It’s been top 10 for years!

Lila/Lilah is my favorite

@caramel107 It’s certainly not everyone’s style (strong, independent woman vibe) but my personal hope for humanity is that the “style of [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]” so to speak, is every woman’s style… One day!

1 Like

Lily has always been popular so I am not surprised. Im actually surprised [name_f]Lila[/name_f] isn’t higher as I know so many! I also know a couple Lilianas. Never met a [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] though!!

Hey, [name_f]Lilias[/name_f], [name_f]Lileas[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Lillia[/name_f], [name_f]Lili[/name_f], and [name_f]Lilac[/name_f] … I mean, options. :stuck_out_tongue: Not that they won’t eventually become popular. [name_f]Lilias[/name_f] is one I might actually use as a middle name or something …

I don’t like [name_f]Lil[/name_f]- names, and it never occurred to me that these would all be Top 1000! :open_mouth::open_mouth:

Other similar names…

Layla #23
[name_f]Leilani[/name_f] #107
[name_f]Lyla[/name_f] #120
[name_f]Lola[/name_f] #248
[name_f]Lylah[/name_f] #638
[name_f]Leyla[/name_f] #710
[name_f]Laylah[/name_f] #823
[name_f]Luella[/name_f] #937
[name_f]Lailah[/name_f] #963