The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets...

…is a novel set in 1950s [name]London[/name], and has some lovely names in it, thought it might be interesting to note! It felt a bit like I Capture the Castle by [name]Dodie[/name] [name]Smith[/name] in terms of circumstances, and the author did a bit more telling rather than showing but overall it was a very good novel.

[name]Penelope[/name]-the main character, aristocratic family because technically she is Lady [name]Penelope[/name], lives in a decaying great house (Magna something)
[name]Inigo[/name]-her brother, I [name]LOVE[/name] his name!
[name]Talitha[/name]-their mother, a renowned beauty but not very responsible with money
[name]Archibald[/name] ([name]Archie[/name])-their father, who died in the war

[name]Charlotte[/name]-[name]Penelope[/name]'s best friend, lives in [name]London[/name] itself, less wealthy
[name]Harry[/name]-her brother, a magician
[name]Marina[/name]-[name]Harry[/name]'s American ex-girlfriend. Not a fan of the name or the character.
[name]Andrew[/name]-[name]Charlotte[/name]'s boyfriend.

Other assorted character names;
[name]Clare[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Digby[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]/[name]Dora[/name]
[name]Loretta[/name]

Have you read this book? What do you think of the names? I’m a bit biased because I’ve read it but my favorite names from it are [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Inigo[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Digby[/name], [name]Julian[/name] and [name]Harry[/name]. :slight_smile:

I like these:

[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Inigo[/name]
[name]Talitha[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name] ([name]Archie[/name])
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Dora[/name]
[name]Loretta[/name]

I like:
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Clare[/name]
[name]Dora[/name] (as a nickname for [name]Dorothea[/name] or [name]Isadora[/name])
[name]Harry[/name]
[name]Kate[/name] (as a nickname for [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Katerina[/name])
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] (this spelling)

I love:
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]