The name Ciel for boy?

What do you think about the name [name_f]Ciel[/name_f] for a boy? Isn’t too feminine? If someone will write to you “my name is [name_f]Ciel[/name_f]” will you be surprise it isn’t a woman?

And 1 more name: What do you think about the name Cien (See-en) it means “shadow” in Polish, but I cannot find more information about this name.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Ciel[/name_f] is really nice on a boy. In [name_u]French[/name_u], the word “ciel” is masculine, so the name doesn’t seem too feminine.

Cien is also nice, although I prefer [name_f]Ciel[/name_f].

1 Like

I think [name_f]Ciel[/name_f] is very unisex! I can imagine [name_f]Ciel[/name_f] on a boy. Cien is cute too

1 Like

I assumed [name_f]Ciel[/name_f] was a boy’s name when I first saw it. It’s very handsome and unique with an air of mystery. I love it! Cien is also lovely, but I prefer [name_f]Ciel[/name_f].

2 Likes

I think both Cien and [name_f]Ciel[/name_f] are lovely for any gender!

1 Like

Ciel is an incredibly beautiful word for any gender.

I would expect a female, but would think nothing of a male named that, no problem, unlike say, a guy named [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] or [name_f]Maryellen[/name_f].

Cien enamors me less.

1 Like

Ciel is actually unisex so it’s totally usable! I originally know the name introduced as a “boy name” and I order it on a boy over a girl

1 Like

I learned the name from [name_m]Black[/name_m] [name_m]Butler[/name_m], so I could totally see it on a boy. I personally like it better than Cien, though neither are bad choices.

2 Likes

I’m actually wondering why [name_f]Ciel[/name_f] is coloured red :sweat_smile: Definitely unisex and beautiful!

Cien is also pretty cool.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Ciel[/name_f] is fine for boys and not too feminine. I’ve never met a [name_f]Ciel[/name_f] and it’s not very common, so it doesn’t seem strongly gendered to me. I also like Cien.

1 Like

Is it pronounced like seal? I think of [name_m]Seal[/name_m] the musician.

1 Like

See-[name_f]Elle[/name_f] !

1 Like