The nickname Gigi

I called my grandmother [name]Gigi[/name]. So, to honor her, I would love to find a girl name that can have the nickname [name]Gigi[/name]. Does anyone have any suggestions? [name]Gianna[/name] and [name]Jeanne[/name] are out and so are common names. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

I have a friend whose 1-year old is named [name]Gemma[/name] and they call her [name]Gigi[/name]. And soft-g names really would work quite well…
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Guiliana[/name]
[name]Genesis[/name]
[name]Gianna[/name]
Ghiada
Ginerva
[name]Ginger[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Gisela[/name]
[name]Giuseppina[/name]
[name]Genevive[/name]
[name]Gypsy[/name]

I knew a girl named [name]Gigi[/name]- yes, that was her full name. But it is a bit too nickname-y for many (including myself).

[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name]/[name]Gillian[/name]
[name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Ginevra[/name]
[name]Genesis[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Giacinta[/name]
[name]Giada[/name]
[name]Giuliana[/name]
[name]Giavanna[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name]
[name]Giordana[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Gioconda[/name]
[name]Giuseppa[/name]/[name]Giuseppina[/name]
[name]Imogene[/name]/[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Pelagia[/name]
[name]Sergia[/name]

[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Gianna[/name]
[name]Giovanna[/name]
[name]Genesis[/name]

I honestly think you can use any G name you want. I have a friend named [name]Gabrielle[/name] who goes by [name]Gigi[/name]. Her mom decided on the nickname when she was born because she didn’t like [name]Gabby[/name]. She’s 24 now, and it has always stuck.

There are many beautiful suggestions. And I agree that pretty much any g name works . Although soft-g names are a bit more natural I suppose. [name]Do[/name] you have any G names you love?

My favorite of the names suggested is [name]Giselle[/name]. The nickname works very well too.

My mother is [name]Gloria[/name] and is called [name]Gigi[/name] but in reality ANY “G” name can use this nickname!

I love [name]Georgiana[/name] nn [name]Gigi[/name], although I think really any “G” name can get the nn, honestly. Or any name with the initials GG (personally, I would love to see [name]Grace[/name] [name]Giselle[/name], nn [name]Gigi[/name]!).

I like the suggestions of [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Giuseppina[/name], [name]Giuliana[/name], [name]Giselle[/name], and [name]Imogen[/name], as well.

The only other idea I had was [name]Georgina[/name].

Good luck!

I like the name [name]Gisele[/name]/[name]Giselle[/name] a lot! What do you all think of [name]Gittel[/name]? Maybe, I could do something like Gittella? Or something or other. Thoughts?

I knew a [name]Gigi[/name] full name Georjana, but I agree that any “G” name will do… or for that matter most “J” names as well

I always liked [name]Gigi[/name] as a nickname for [name]Bridget[/name].

Gitel is a Yiddish name meaning Good (and my mother’s “Hebrew” name for religious purposes.) Gitela (with the accent on the first syllable would be the nn for Gitel, meaning little Gitel. [name]IMO[/name], it is not the prettiest name. [name]Gita[/name] or [name]Golda[/name] are prettier.

[name]How[/name] do you pronounce [name]Gita[/name] and [name]Golda[/name]?

I have a friend who has a G FN and a G LN which makes the nn [name]Gigi[/name] very natural. If you like enough G names you could choose it for FN and MN. But I agree any G name works.

I love [name]Virginia[/name] and [name]Ginevra[/name], and I think [name]Gigi[/name] could work for those.

[name]Golda[/name] is [name]Gold[/name]-ah, as in [name]Golda[/name] [name]Meir[/name]. Another possible nn is [name]Goldie[/name].
[name]Gita[/name] is pronounced Gih-tah - with a short I sound like [name]Gidget[/name].

I’m [name]Jeana[/name] ([name]Gina[/name]) and my nieces and nephew would call me Aunt [name]Gigi[/name].

Thank you all!! :slight_smile:

My actual name is [name]Jane[/name], but [name]Gigi[/name] was a nickname given to me by a former employer. She was Syrian and was having difficulty saying my name so after a couple of tries, she gave up and said “I just call you [name]Gigi[/name]”. My family still calls me [name]Janie[/name], but I liked having a spunky/exotic nickname that had no real connection with my ultra classic name. I thought that this could help you by possibly widening your options.

[name]Ah[/name] [name]Gigi[/name] is such a cute name!
Hmm…
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]/[name]Brigitte[/name]
[name]Giovanna[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Gabrielle[/name]/[name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name]

Idea: Have you thought of [name]Colette[/name]? [name]Gigi[/name] is an 1944 novella written by French writer [name]Colette[/name]. You could use the name [name]Colette[/name] as a first and have [name]Gigi[/name] as a nickname surrounding this idea. It seems quiet cool. You’d have to read the novel though and it may not work.

Anyway hope this helped x