The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 4)

Which is your favorite?

• Elena Hazel
  • Hazel Maeve

0 voters

What if I told you that I pronounce Elena as Ellen-uh?

• Elena Hazel
  • Hazel Maeve

0 voters

Hazel Maeve is up for adoption from another Berry, and I canā€™t decide whether or not I should give up Elena Hazelā€¦

The E in Georgia is never pronounced in English, so itā€™s exactly like Georgia :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Yup thatā€™s it :relaxed::relaxed:

1 Like

Alcuin!!! One of my favourite historical oddities - grew up near a school named [name_m]Alcuin[/name_m] School n was always a little obsessed :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Neat, for me theyā€™re both old, serious European names/common grandparentsā€™ names.

As a mid-westerner (US) I pronounce them slightly different.

MER-C (Mercy)
&
MARE-C (Mercie)

So for that reason I like the [name_f]Mercie[/name_f] spelling better :blush:

2 Likes

Inspired by @EmilyMcA - pick your favourites from names I loved growing up (have gone for a greatest hits between ages 6-16, have fun guessing which age I was for each name :joy:)

Girls
  • Arrietty
  • Zephyrine
  • Orihime
  • Thomasina
  • Petrova
  • Velvet
  • Anoushka
  • Odette
  • Candy
  • Rosalind
  • Effie
  • Avery
  • Bellatrix
  • Annunziata
  • Xanthippe
  • Emery
  • Silver
  • Araminta
  • Cassiopeia
  • Miyuki

0 voters

Itā€™s actually hilarious how many of these have held on to being in my top 10 for lads but anyways

Boys
  • Edmund
  • Caspian
  • Lysander
  • Alcuin
  • Tristram
  • Pippin
  • Ira
  • Caradoc
  • Jonjo
  • Lorcan
  • Orion
  • Jem
  • Amos
  • Mordecai
  • Priam
  • Sebastian
  • Valentine
  • Albion
  • Idris
  • Horatio

0 voters

1 Like

How do you say Orihime?

• Annabel (single girl)
  • Annie and Mabel (sisters)

0 voters

1 Like

Iā€™d assume it was pronounced oh-ree-hee-may.

1 Like

[name_f]Annie[/name_f] & [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] are such sweet sister names! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

@ethelmary
For you? I know you like Mathilde

@EmilyMcA I believe I said I liked the combo on the previous poll but Iā€™m actually ā€˜ehā€™ on Nikita. I feel like I should like Nikita since it has all the sounds I like but I didnā€™t have the best personal experience with my classmate named Nikita - he was a boy so the gender thing isnā€™t my issue

Yeah, I knew which one you were voting for lol

Alina is my favorite! :heart_eyes: In part thanks to Alina Gingertail :sweat_smile: followed by Selina, Kalina, and Lina :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I also like Evelina and Adelina :grin:

Cool! How does your school pronounce Alcuin? Do you pronounce it the same as Alcwin?

2 Likes

Favorites from my Owl House inspired UC?

• Luz Andromeda
  • Amity Nyx
  • Willow Megara
  • Edalyn Reverie
  • Lilith Astraea
  • Azura Sappho
  • Cassiopeia Luz
  • Parker Amity
  • Endellion Willow
  • Boheme Edalyn
  • Wildrose Lilith
  • Rowan Azura

0 voters

Ones you think I should keep for my regular list
  • Luz Andromeda
  • Amity Nyx
  • Willow Megara
  • Edalyn Reverie
  • Lilith Astraea
  • Azura Sappho
  • Cassiopeia Luz
  • Parker Amity
  • Endellion Willow
  • Boheme Edalyn
  • Wildrose Lilith
  • Rowan Azura

0 voters

Yā€™all! Iā€™m head over heels in love with another girl name! I know no oneā€™s surprised, but just be excited for me!! :heartpulse::relieved:

:sunny: select all that you like :sunny:

part one
  • Athella Bay
  • Athella Bronte
  • Athella Brooks
  • Athella Brynn
  • Athella Charity
  • Athella Constance
  • Athella Daisy
  • Athella Dawn
  • Athella Faye
  • Athella Feridae
  • Athella Grace
  • Athella Harper
  • Athella Jane
  • Athella Jasmine
  • Athella Jean
  • Athella Joy
  • Athella Joyce
  • Athella June
  • Athella Kate
  • Athella Kaye

0 voters

part two
  • Athella May
  • Athella Mercy
  • Athella Mirae
  • Athella Nadine
  • Athella Paige
  • Athella Peace
  • Athella Pearl
  • Athella Primrose
  • Athella Prudence
  • Athella Psalm
  • Athella Rae
  • Athella Rose
  • Athella Ruby
  • Athella Skye
  • Athella Snow
  • Athella Spring
  • Athella Vesper

0 voters

2 Likes

I made a relatively similar poll about a month ago (thank you to those who voted!), but now Iā€™m stuck again, so I thought Iā€™d make another poll.

Iā€™ve been trying to adopt a combo from another Berry using this thread. Iā€™m not tagging or mentioning her for privacy and to not bother her I asked if I could adopt it a few days after she put it up for adoption, and then I asked again about a week later. After a month, I sent her a PM asking if I could adopt. Itā€™s now been a month and a half and she still hasnā€™t responded. What do you guys think I should do?

• Ask her again in the thread
  • Ask her again in a PM
  • Go ahead and add the combo to your UC
  • Donā€™t do anything until she responds
  • Another suggestion (@ me!)
  • I have no idea, but I like polls!

0 voters

The [name_u]Owl[/name_u] House made me add Edalyn and [name_f]Amity[/name_f] to my list! [name_f]My[/name_f] brother introduced me to this show and I really like it!

2 Likes

Hmm, this is tough. I guess go ahead and put it in your UC but Iā€™m not sure. If itā€™s who Iā€™m thinking it is, it does seem odd for her to be ignoring you as she replied to your other request for her other combo and it looks like sheā€™s still active on nb. Looking at her activity on her profile though, I did notice she seemed to be absent for about 18 days that started shortly before you asked her for the combo on that thread so I can see itā€™s possible that she had a ton of notifications when she came back to nb that she accidentally missed yours but it doesnā€™t explain why she hasnā€™t responded to your PM unless she doesnā€™t know how to check her PMs?

6 Likes

Which One Do You Prefer?

• Rosetta
  • Loretta
  • I donā€™t like Either
  • I like another '___ettaā€™name more, @ me

0 voters

I like [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] more! There are probably a few more -etta names that I also like more but Iā€™m not thinking of them now. Of the two, though, I prefer [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f]!

6 Likes

I like just [name_f]Etta[/name_f] a lot more though!

13 Likes