The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 4)

Yep, that’s her! I had a feeling that maybe she had a ton of notifications when she came back, so I waited a bit after that to send her the PM. Thank you for your input!

1 Like

A nickname for Ben-Ami

• Ben
  • Ami
  • Bini
  • Bee
  • Benny
  • I have another idea

0 voters

If you had to choose one

• Ben
  • Ami (ah-mee not ay-mee)
  • Bini
  • Bee
  • Benny

0 voters

I’d love other ideas too!!

Ooh, I really like both! I ended up going with the softer [name_f]Loretta[/name_f] but both are lovely!

I’m not sure if you’re looking for other -etta names but there’s Poinsettia (I know it ends with ettia but many people pronounce it as -etta), [name_f]Odetta[/name_f], [name_f]Auretta[/name_f], Angeletta, [name_f]Violetta[/name_f], [name_f]Marietta[/name_f], [name_f]Fiametta[/name_f], [name_f]Mietta[/name_f], [name_f]Nicoletta[/name_f], [name_f]Netta[/name_f], [name_f]Betta[/name_f], and others already said [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] and [name_f]Etta[/name_f]

6 Likes
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] names I like~

[name_f]Alouetta[/name_f]
Dovetta
[name_f]Elisabetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] (does this count? Putting it anyway)
[name_f]Violetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Zeta[/name_f]
Amoretta
[name_f]Coletta[/name_f]
Marinetta
[name_f]Lunetta[/name_f]

6 Likes

@Snowyblossom: The other -etta names I like are [name_f]Marietta[/name_f] and [name_f]Violetta[/name_f] (the latter had to grow on me though)!

6 Likes

@Snowyblossom I also found [name_f]Arletta[/name_f], [name_f]Scarletta[/name_f], [name_f]Charletta[/name_f], and [name_f]Cosetta[/name_f]

5 Likes
Top 3? (all boy combos)
  • Elijah Roo
  • Tully Artem
  • Lumi Rhodes
  • Gatsby Van
  • Taj Wyndham
  • Sylvester Finn
  • Zephy Alder
  • Opie Cruz

0 voters

Which middle for June…
  • June Ophelia
  • June Dellaray
  • June Marigold
  • June Wildflower
  • June Aura
  • Something else (@ me)

0 voters

I totally adore June on it’s own but just can’t seem to decide on a name for the middle spot :slight_smile:

i havent been on nb as often, but i have been working on some combos. it’s taken me a month and i could only come up w like 8 and im not even sure abt like all of them lol

choose all that u like!

• lorelai ingrid alexandra
  • meredith elliot anneliese
  • betty ingrid mabel
  • ruth aubrey diana
  • catherine monica eloise
  • natasha mila helena (love this one even more since i saw black widow)
  • atticus friedrich shepherd
  • nicholas sylvester knox
  • frankie laurence duncan

0 voters

Same! I’d add [name_f]Julieta[/name_f] to the list though

3 Likes

The name Isis and usability…

Isis?
  • Unusable now, and forever.
  • Unusable now, but may be usable in 10-20 years, depending on how things play out.
  • Unusable now, but may be usable in 100-200 years, depending on how things play out.
  • The name is usable now.
  • I have a more complicated answer to this question.

0 voters

Can’t decide which I like more. Originally planned on having the middles be ______ Aren Rosewood but now I’m stuck on which first.

• Morrison
  • Morrisey

0 voters

[name_f]My[/name_f] thinking is that if she put the name in the thread, then she already relinquished it, and anyone can claim it.

I’ve put a few names in the thread - some claimed, some not, and even if someone took one of the unclaimed ones and put in their UC without asking me, I wouldn’t be bothered at all.

10 Likes

So sad about it :disappointed: in many many years from now I think it can be usable, but not for at least another generation or so

1 Like

Yes I agree, so sad! One of my favourites, but I’ve settled for [name_f]Iris[/name_f].

I shouldn’t say settled, really – [name_f]Iris[/name_f] is gorgeous, but [name_f]Isis[/name_f] is just such a gem.

5 Likes

Making some changes to the UC, let me know if you think it’s a good idea or no:

Change Eliodoro to Liodor
  • keep Eliodoro Lesley Haze
  • change to Liodor Lesley Haze

0 voters

A middle for Imogene
  • Imogene Margaret
  • Imogene Honey
  • Imogene Cosette
  • Imogene Colette

0 voters

Which Lila combo?
  • Lila Quinn
  • Lila Sutton Quinn
  • Lila Delaney Quinn

0 voters

Larkin Woodrow Morrison
  • Noo
  • Go for it!
  • Tweak it a little (comment plz)

0 voters

The poll I actually want to do is completely unrelated to names so I’m gonna chuck in a random name poll so my post is still relevant…

Which name do you prefer?

• Abilene
  • Abilena
  • Abileni

0 voters

Is the tap water safe to drink in your country/state? By this I mean, can you drink water if it is completely unfiltered?

• No, we must filter the water / boil the water before consuming it.
  • Yes, we can drink water straight from the faucet.

0 voters

The reason I ask…

This morning, I was having a shower. I came out and my family asked me if I wanted a drink of water. I said “no, I had one in the shower” and my mother gave me crazy eyes.

Mother: You drink the shower water?
Me: Yes! I always do.
Mother: That is so bad! You can get away with that in [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_u]Zealand[/name_u], but you can’t overseas.
Me: Why’s that?
Mother: When I was in [name_u]South[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u], I drank tap water and got very sick. It’s a bad habit. Try get out of it before you move overseas.

(I’m planning on spending a few years in [name_u]South[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u] after university).

3 Likes

I mean, it’s not the immediate choice but usually it’s ok to drink. Back in February when the massive snow storm hit Texas the state was so completely unprepared for it, we had to boil water just to wash out hands cause stuff got into the water, but 95% of the time it’s fine to drink :ok_hand:t3: Not South America technically but close to it, when I go to Puerto Rico to visit fam tap water is fine to drink from, from where my fam is at least (they live on a mountain, in certain parts of the island though it’s probably more dangerous to drink it)

2 Likes

I am in the US and I often drink straight from tap in my hometown and before covid, would drink from water fountains though water fountains may not be the most hygienic as there are people who will put their mouth on it. There have been reports though of some counties (eg Flint, Michigan) letting their water have toxic chemicals (eg lead) so theoretically, our water is supposed to be safe but it really varies by county (not just country) and it’s difficult to know which counties are letting chemicals like lead be in their water since the effects aren’t instantly noticeable.

As an aside, it is really interesting how different water tastes in different counties. In my hometown, tap water tasted fine but I’ve been to a couple other counties where it tasted disgusting or just plain weird - my dad said it tastes like pool/chlorine water and my friend who moved here from the same metroplex as me was so disturbed by the taste that she installed a filter.

Now, I have been to central america back in 2012 and we were told to not consume their water including ice because you can get sick from it. So, your mom may be thinking about getting sick from various diseases, bacteria, amoeba, etc which is not something we have to be concerned about in the US. The only concern we have is with chemicals.

Edit: As a general rule of thumb, the more developed and regulated a country is, the more likely the water (and food) is safe so for the US, Australia, and much of Europe, you’re probably fine and I think most berries are from developed countries so your results may be skewed. The other countries are where you would want to look into it first and just because the locals drink it, doesn’t mean it’s not contaminated as their immune system could just be used to it. Also, depending when your mom went, it may be different now.