The Quick Poll Thread! (Part 7)

Also really love [name_f]Rosina[/name_f], Rosanella, Rosenelle, Annarose, [name_f]Rosetta[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosenwyn[/name_f]

7 Likes
  • Verity Luella Maple
  • Verity Louisa Maple
0 voters

& Rosamund, Roosa, Ruža, Ružena! Edit: And Primrose!

4 Likes

@smileymiley I also like [name_f]Rosina[/name_f], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], and [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
@AveryExtraterrestria I didnā€™t vote because it depends on which 100 points thread it is. The general ones I put names I like and am very interested in seeing which one is most popular but some of the threads are established as each list having a theme so for those I make a themed list which isnā€™t always my favorites.

1 Like

i donā€™t know if rosamund counts because she has different etymology but i love her too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
edit: i love melrose too! she also has unrelated etymology though : )

2 Likes

Iā€™m loving miss Emmalyn right now, she includes so many elements that I love

what do you think of Emmalyn? :roller_skate:
  • Love Love!
  • Meh/not for my me
  • Dislike
  • I have more to say!
0 voters
Your favorite nicknames for Emmalyn, :rainbow:
  • Emma
  • Emmie
  • Em
  • Lynie
  • Leni
0 voters
lastly, if you know my style, what do you think of Emmalyn for me?
  • I love it for you!
  • It works/itā€™s ok
  • It doesnā€™t work with your other names
  • I donā€™t know you well enough to say
0 voters
1 Like

I love almost all of these but Rose is my favorite (although Iā€™m very biased). I also love Roosa, Ruusa, Ruusu, Rusalka, Roselle, Rosella, Rosina and many other Rose variants that I canā€™t think of rn!

1 Like

Thank you for introducing me to [name_f]Rosabel[/name_f], [name_u]Rosamel[/name_u] and Rosalore. I did not know they existed.

I would add Rosafiere / Rosefiere and [name_f]RĆ³za[/name_f]

3 Likes

So, I have Theresa May in my adopted combos in my UC, but now that @smileymiley told me I am a bit worried about

Is Theresa May tied with the British minister?

• Yes
  • No
  • Who?
  • Not really
  • Yes but it is okay, not so much
0 voters

I did not even think about it, but maybe it is just me not being from the UK

Me watching my own name come last in this poll:

Summary

20 Likes

How do you pronounce Amyas / Amias

• aim-ME-iss
  • uh-MY-iss
  • Amyas and Amias arenā€™t pronounced the same
  • Other (@me)
0 voters

instinctively UH-mee-us but I can see the other two as well

3 Likes

Fun fact: when I was very very young, I thought I made up the concept of ā€œsmooshā€ names after thinking of naming my daughter [name_f]Emmalyn[/name_f]. :joy: I still think it has a very sweet sound!

4 Likes

I pronounce it AH-mee-ahs

3 Likes

my favourite rose name is rosamund !! i know she comes from a different root, but very much feels like part of the rose family still (like rosalind).

i also love roselĆØne, roselyn (this spelling specifically), roselaine, rhoswen, and rosenwyn !!

5 Likes

Same as @Rosebeth

1 Like
  • Ottilie. Dove
  • Ottilie. Cove
  • Ottilie. Gray
  • Ottilie. Blue
  • Ottilie. Beatrice
  • Ottilie. Beatrix
  • Ottilie. Snow
  • Ottilie. Jospehine
  • Ottilie. June
  • Ottilie star
  • Ottilie clove
  • Ottilie adeline
  • Ottilie clover
  • Ottilie birdie
0 voters

Favorites out of my Ottilie combos for a girl?

:black_heart::black_heart:

I know a Teresa Mae and I donā€™t believe sheā€™s had anyone mention the minister, although weā€™re not in the UK.

1 Like

i quite like malak, but in my head itā€™s an exckusively feminine name !! i might be misinterpreting but i read your poll as all masc - iā€™m not sure about malak on a boy, but ive met several girls called malak and iā€™ve always liked it !!

1 Like

@rosepip this is for a enby book character who is Arabic. I purposely choose the spellings of [name_u]Zain[/name_u] > [name_m]Zayn[/name_m] and [name_u]Malak[/name_u] > [name_m]Malik[/name_m] as I thought that would be a more respectful choice? I could be wrong tho :sweat_smile:

1 Like