The Quick Poll Thread, Volume 3!

Now, a poll for my top combos! Just pick all the ones you like.

• Fiadh Rose
  • Sunniva June
  • Jeannie Mabel
  • April Lily
  • Ada Brooke
  • Ava Tuesday
  • Penny Adele
  • June Lorelei
  • Faye Elizabella
  • Rosetta Blair
  • Rosetta Faye
  • Blakely Idabelle
  • Dolly Blake
  • Elijah Snow
  • Oliver Ruby
  • Cameron James
  • Henry August
  • Levi Elliott
  • Charlie Hugo
  • Jesse Hayes

0 voters

She is dark orange and brown shades for me

1 Like

Which sister pairs with Boheme ā€œBoā€ Clementine?

• Lilou ā€œLouā€ Remedy
  • Lilou ā€œLouā€ Foxglove
  • Remedy ā€œRemiā€ Fox
  • Remember ā€œBerryā€ Foxglove
  • Reverie ā€œReviā€ Foxglove
  • Other, @ me

0 voters

Which name out of the ones below most closely match the vibes of the picture group?

Picture

Pronunciations

Cassiopeia ā†’ cass-ee-oh-PEE-uh
Baleine ā†’ BAW-len
Laguna ā†’ LUH-goon-uh
Aurore ā†’ uh-ROR (like aurora)
Austėja ā†’ OW-stay-uh

• Cassiopeia Laguna Baleine
  • Cassiopeia Laurel Baleine
  • Cassiopeia Marigold Baleine
  • Cassiopeia Laguna Aurore
  • Cassiopeia Marigold Austėja
  • Cassiopeia Laurel Lagoon / Lagune
  • Cassiopeia Marigold Lagoon / Lagune

0 voters

One Laurel combo & one Marigold combo

• Cassiopeia Marigold Lagoon
  • Cassiopeia Marigold Lagune
  • Cassiopeia Laurel Lagoon
  • Cassiopeia Laurel Lagune

0 voters

I was wondering this for the parents: did you consult and or care about your sibling(s)ā€™ opinion of your baby names?

Iā€™m realizing that I care a lot more about what my brother thinks than i thought (same with my parents and extended family) but I thought it would be interesting to see how much specifically your siblingsā€™ opinion means to you!!

• Yes
  • No
  • More complicated

0 voters

Not a parent so I didnā€™t vote but when I showed my best friend my extended list and she mentioned she loved the name [name_u]Ridley[/name_u], it instantly became a higher pick on my list.

5 Likes

Not a parent but~

When I ask my younger sis (I have two but only one is willing to be open, she actually has a really nice naming style) if she likes the name or Iā€™ll ask her to choose which combo she likes most, whichever ones she chooses I usually end up considering more, but Iā€™ll still go with what I like most in the end. I donā€™t really ask anyone else their opinions on my names, irl at least

3 Likes

Iā€™m not a parent but I would ask my siblings if they liked a name I was considering for my baby if I was having one.

1 Like

both for a boy!

• july franklin
  • july ephraim

0 voters

Not a parent:
[name_f]My[/name_f] brother doesnā€™t seem to care about names so I donā€™t think he would be much help. I might ask him in the future anyways but I donā€™t think he has much of an opinion.
[name_f]My[/name_f] dad prefers traditional names and has made some rude comments on some names so he probably wonā€™t be very keen to my rare and unusual names. [name_f]My[/name_f] mom can be quite opinionated on everything and be condescending about it so Iā€™m a bit hesistant in divulging my name list with my parents even though I am curious to know what all they like on my list. I would have to prune and modify my list for a couple hours before showing it to them lol

2 Likes

This shouldnā€™t be so relatable :sob::woozy_face: my fam likes more unusual names, but mine veer on too unusual for them (or they just straight up donā€™t like it)

2 Likes

not a parent but when the time comes, iā€™ll only ask my sister about honour names for our family. i donā€™t really care about her opinions on the names themselves, but as iā€™ll probably be having kids first i donā€™t want to use all the good honours before she gets a chance.

1 Like

I did ask my twin brother for his opinion on the names we were considering. Weā€™re very close and I ask his opinion on almost anything, soā€¦
Heā€™s interested in names (maybe not as much as me), but we have very different naming styles. I care about his opinion of my sonsā€™ names and I vetoed one name my SO suggested because my twin brother strongly disliked it. But to be honest, I wasnā€™t completely on board with that name anyway :sweat_smile:
I donā€™t know if Iā€™d ever get rid of a name I truly loved because my brother doesnā€™t like itā€¦ I guess not, unless he has a personal reason for it (something that brings back bad memories for him or something similar). But it would make me very hesitant to use it, because I really care about his opinion and I just wouldnā€™t feel comfortable using a name he doesnā€™t like. Maybe thatā€™s ridiculous, I donā€™t know.

1 Like

Not a parent but I wouldnā€™t take my sisterā€™s opinion into account at all if I was naming a child :sweat_smile: she is completely clueless about names and I wouldnā€™t really mind if she didnā€™t like my name choices because I know she will still love her niblings!

1 Like

Wow this thread is about to end

6 Likes
  • Vesta
  • Hester
  • Hestia

0 voters

• Anthea
  • Althea

0 voters

• Isidore
  • Isidor

0 voters

And because this thread is going to end soon I donā€™t feel bad about making multiple postsā€¦

• Leda
  • Leto
  • Lada

0 voters

both female names
  • Elpis
  • Elpida

0 voters

• Petronilla nn Pernilla (nn Nilla, Nillie, etc.)
  • Pernilla (nn Nilla, Nillie, etc.)

0 voters

• Echo
  • Hero

0 voters

• Hecate (he-KUH-tee)
  • Hecabe (he-KUH-bee)

0 voters

• Hebe
  • Phoebe

0 voters

What if this is the last post

[name_u]Or[/name_u] this

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Why not start a new one! Continue discussion at The Quick Poll Thread, Volume 3! (Part 4).