The Struggle is Real: Need a name!

See the results of this poll: Favorite Name?

Respondents: 68 (This poll is closed)

• August Aron Walter : 50 (54%)
  • Henry Joseph Walter : 34 (37%)
  • Pierce Leigh Walter : 5 (5%)
  • Hollis Leigh Walter: 4 (4%)

I don’t think it would be bad to use the name [name_u]August[/name_u] no matter when he is born. If anybody asks, just explain that you have always loved the name and when he was born was just a matter of coincidence.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with an [name_u]August[/name_u] baby being named [name_u]August[/name_u].

That being said, if you don’t want to use [name_u]August[/name_u], my favorite would be [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m].

I don’t think it’s problematic if a baby is born in [name_u]August[/name_u] with the name [name_u]August[/name_u]. Frankly, it makes no difference if the baby is born in [name_u]July[/name_u] and named [name_u]August[/name_u]. On top of that [name_u]August[/name_u] is a beautiful name! The one thing I will say is I would try to stray away from using [name_u]Leigh[/name_u] as a middle name just because I think has such a feminine association now. I think [name_u]Lee[/name_u] would be better if you really want to use [name_u]Leigh[/name_u].

If he is born in [name_u]July[/name_u] and you didn’t want to use [name_u]August[/name_u] you could maybe use [name_m]Augustine[/name_m] or [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]?

Otherwise I really like [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Joesph[/name_m] from your list.

If [name_u]August[/name_u] is the clear fave, go with [name_u]August[/name_u]! It’s gorgeous, and it doesn’t matter a jot when he’s born.

My second favourite would be [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], which is a lovely classic choice. But it sounds like [name_u]August[/name_u] is the one, and I fear you’d regret it if you let yourselves be put off by his birthdate, which most people he meets in life won’t even know.

Good luck!

I don’t think it matters at all when he is born. [name_u]August[/name_u] is a great name. Second choice is [name_m]Henry[/name_m].

[name_u]August[/name_u] will probably get “were you born in [name_u]August[/name_u] then haha” no matter what month he is born in, which really isn’t that bad (My name gets mistaken for [name_f]April[/name_f] all the time and I get/got this comment, mostly when I was a kid from teachers)

My favorite name from your list is [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], but if [name_u]August[/name_u] is your favorite you should use it

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Aron[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m]! [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] woukd be great too

I think [name_u]August[/name_u] born in [name_u]August[/name_u] is perfectly fine! You love the name; therefore, you should stick with it! :slight_smile:

Also, I love @greyblue’s suggestion of [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m].

I’ve always thought it stranger for someone to have a month name if they’re not born in that month! I know a [name_u]June[/name_u] born in [name_u]June[/name_u], an [name_f]Avril[/name_f] and an [name_u]Averil[/name_u] born in [name_f]April[/name_f], a [name_f]Mae[/name_f] born in [name_f]May[/name_f]. I also know a [name_f]May[/name_f] not born in [name_f]May[/name_f].

[name_u]August[/name_u] born in [name_u]August[/name_u] (or [name_u]July[/name_u]) is great!

I like the sound of [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] or [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] a lot :slight_smile:

I agree that [name_u]August[/name_u] is definitely the one! [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Aron[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m] is great (and I also second [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Walter[/name_m]!)