The "T" Name Dilemma!

My husband has decided that he REALLY wants a “T” name for our baby boy as both he and his father start with “T”. Our last name is a very masculine and Norwegian name. (Bruflat)

We have a few picks…but we aren’t totally decided on any of them. Which do you prefer:

[name_m]Thorin[/name_m]

[name_m]Theron[/name_m]

Truitt

Our concerns are that [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] is a character from The Hobbit, my husband isn’t crazy about [name_m]Theron[/name_m], and Truitt might be too much “u” sound with our last name. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

[name_m]Thorin[/name_m]! Very Nordic, regal and handsome. I dont think the Hobbit association is overly strong at all. [name_m]Theron[/name_m] makes me think of [name_f]Charlize[/name_f] [name_m]Theron[/name_m]. Truitt is too much of a “ru” rhyme with your last name.

I think [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] is fine, the Hobbit is not the first thing I think of when I hear it. I agree that Truitt is too much of a rhyme with your last especially if you shorten it to [name_m]Tru[/name_m]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering, do you plan on shortening [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] to [name_m]Thor[/name_m]?

greenypots, I am sure at some point in his days people [name_m]WILL[/name_m] shorten it to [name_m]Thor[/name_m]…but it’s not my intention and I would prefer they didn’t! Lol!

I like all 3 of them. I am not a Hobbit watcher so I wouldn’t have that association with [name_m]Thorin[/name_m]…

Other T name suggestions:

[name_m]Tripp[/name_m]
[name_m]Trey[/name_m]
[name_m]Talbot[/name_m]
[name_u]Tarian[/name_u]
[name_m]Thayer[/name_m]
[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Tariq[/name_m]

I really adore [name_m]Thorin[/name_m]! I’m a huge LOTR fan so The Hobbit is my first association but the character is strong and honorable, not a bad thing to associate your child with. I don’t think many people will have that association especially now that there will be no more movies. Plus I really like the nn [name_m]Thor[/name_m]. The name over all has a very strong Nordic feel to me, it’s wonderful!

I like [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] and Truitt best. Have you considered [name_m]Thorne[/name_m]?

To choose one right now I would suggest [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] because you want a Nordic name beginning with T — [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] fits the bill!

Opelle, We DID consider [name_m]Thorne[/name_m]! My husband vetoed it. :expressionless:

Bummer! You have other great options to work with besides [name_m]Thorne[/name_m]!

I really like [name_m]Thorin[/name_m]. I don’t think that most people would think of LOTR. Now if you named him [name_m]Frodo[/name_m], sure.

[name_f]Rin[/name_f] is an alternative nickname for [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] if you don’t prefer [name_m]Thor[/name_m].