The Teaser Game

He’d left Bamberg almost eight years ago now, to pursue his theology degree, and then his MDiv, and now he’d finally been offered an associate pastorship at a church in his hometown—the hometown he’d grown up adoring; it was like an impossible dream.

Next word: cavernous.

I cautiously stepped into the cavernous room, half expecting bats to fly from its corners.

next word: special

[name_u]Aspen[/name_u] looked at the towering buildings, there was nothing special about this city.

Next word: evening

She picked up the pieces of clothing she had carefully put there the previous evening from the desk chair and shambled towards the bathroom.

next: love

She was very attached to her older brother and hated to see anything happen to him. [name_m]Philip[/name_m] loved that about her.

Next: run

[name_f]Briella[/name_f]: So? I’m not blind, am I? I’m not seven again! I won’t run into a curb!

Next word: whisper

Amélie shot up, ramrod straight, in [name_m]Benedikt[/name_m]’s arms, and they both stared at her with a look of utter shock. Amélie turned to [name_m]Benedikt[/name_m], and, with eyes, wide as saucers, she whispered, “[name_f]Elle[/name_f] parle le français?!”

next word: reign

The remainder of Despina’s reign was long and peaceful, and full of her own grief for her lost sons.

Next word: hands

I was ambidextrous, that I could write with both hands (although, I thought of it more like never learning which hand to use), so I drew on one arm and wrote with the other.

Next word: smile

She put the book away and folded her hands in her lap.

edit: Luo rolled his eyes a little, but he smiled.

next: look

He looked at me with knowing, honey-colored eyes, but smiled with a hint of encouragement like not saying something blunt, but still noticing her needs was correct.

Next word: hope

[name_f]Hope[/name_f]:
“The fancy display cases were new just like the door because Mrs. [name_m]Peterson[/name_m], the librarian and museum caretaker, decided to spruce the place up in the hopes of garnering more interested in both the museum and the library.”

Next word: mountain

[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] had a contemplative expression on his face as they left. Mrs. [name_f]Addie[/name_f] didn’t seem as fazed as he did though. She looked as if she was merely taking it as mountain folklore and didn’t believe a word of it. I knew she’d soon think otherwise though.

Next word: spin

“Spin!” yelled the instructor. Dozens of people on stage faced the crowd, picked up a foot, and spun on their toes. Once, twice, three times, then stopped abruptly as a woman came in and shouted, seemingly at the top of her lungs, “They’re coming!”

Next Word: Confidence

[name_m]Lock[/name_m] strolled confidently into the room and sat on Ginge’s bed.

(The weird names make sense in context, honestly! LOL)

Next Word: Different

She groaned, one of the top three noises she usually directed at me. The other two were sighs and huffs, which are very different if you take the time to analyze them. Which I did.

Next word: paint

1 Like

She wanted to tell [name_f]Luna[/name_f] she looked wonderful too, that the sun had suited her in the way it lightened her hair even further and painted her skin a few shades darker. The expression [name_f]Luna[/name_f] had had when she’d kissed her once three years ago held her tongue though, and instead she only smiled.

Next word: laugh

1 Like

Something was singing outside. “[name_f]Do[/name_f] you know what kind of bird that is?” He shook his head. “Neither do I!”, his father laughed.

next: pray

Please don’t let me make a complete and total fool of myself in front of Mr. Goodlooking! I prayed.

Next word: grin

He watched, with a slow grin, as [name_u]Florian[/name_u] Schiffer, the newer midfielder that [name_m]Benedikt[/name_m] had taken under his wing—adopted as a little brother, in a way—half-tackled [name_m]Christian[/name_m], while the [name_u]Dane[/name_u] grumbled something about perfekt dansk sarcastically under his breath.

next word: bestow