The Twilight Conundrum

I’ve been seriously considering the name [name]Rosalie[/name] for some time now. [name]Truth[/name] be told, the first time I heard it was on the show The Sopranos. There’s a side character named [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Aprile[/name], and the name resonated with me. Next thing I know, the Twilight books are a sensation, and I’m seriously rethinking my #1 choice.

I’m 25 years old and don’t want my peers to think I named my baby after a vampire. [name]Do[/name] I use it anyway, or steer clear?

If [name]Rosalie[/name] is a name you’re in love with, don’t let the twilight connection ruin it for you. You love that name, so use it. [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Jacob[/name] are the #1 names, and [name]Cullen[/name] is one of the fastest rising- don’t worry about it. That being said, I would steer clear of other Twilight names for the middle name and in the future- so as long as you don’t name [name]Rosalie[/name]'s siblings [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Leah[/name], you’re okay.

I agree – if it’s your favorite, I would go with it. [name]Just[/name] expect to hear, “Oh! Like Twilight?!” for a while. Like most trends, I expect that Twilight’s popularity will fade eventually. Nobody remembers nowadays that many a [name]Fallon[/name], [name]Alexis[/name] or [name]Blake[/name] was inspired by the show “Dynasty” in the early 80’s.

[name]Just[/name] a quick comment from an “oldie” who hasn’t read or seen the Twilight stories but as far as I can tell the names are solid vintage style names that today are becoming popular again so I for one would not associate those names with the Twilight stories I would just think it was nice that some of those old names were being revived again. [name]Rosalie[/name] is super pretty so it should be used.

You know, I named my daughter [name]Arabella[/name] and of course we call her [name]Bella[/name]. But I only got Twilight comments around when the movies came out just after she was born and just after she hit 7 months. [name]Even[/name] then they were few and far between. I, like the PPs, say that Twilight shouldn’t stop you!

I am also 25 and know nothing of twilight, however my 17 year old sister is all about those vampires.

I wouldnt let the twilight connection stop you from using such a lovely name. I highly doubt those books will still be popular when your daughter gets older anyway. Also, I dont think everyone is associating twilight with the thousands of Isabellas running around right now.

If you love it, use it.
It is a beautiful name, don’t let the Twilight fad deter you from it. :stuck_out_tongue:

My one year old son is an [name]Edward[/name]. We got a few comments since he was born right in the midst if twi-mania. But I’m not worried – it’s a name with a long, rich history. I wouldn’t worry.

I say don’t let it bother you, although I know next to nothing about Twilight. The only thing I associate with it is [name]Bella[/name], but that will fade soon I’m sure.