The UNpopular kids names...

I was reading a post earlier about the names of popular kids in your high school, and it got me thinking… Are there any names you would never use because someone you knew in high school? I’m not necessarily thinking arch-enemies, or that type of thing.
I knew this girl named [name]Tara[/name]. I think her name is beautiful. But she was poor, and awkward, and because of the way other kids treated her, it affected my perception of her name. I could never use it.
Does anyone else have names they feel similarly about?

=== http://www.gobuyfashion.com ===
moncler cl0thing $110
cheapest (TOP) N1ke A1r [name]Max[/name], [name]Jordan[/name] (1-24) shoes $ 31
all style of UG~G $ 50
[name]Nike[/name] sh0x (R4, NZ, [name]OZ[/name], TL1, TL2, TL3) $ 31
T-shirts ([name]Polo[/name], [name]Ed[/name] [name]Hardy[/name], Lacoste) $ 22 $ 15Wig
Handbag (LV, [name]Chanel[/name], Coach, DG, [name]ED[/name] [name]Hardy[/name].etc.) $ 30
[name]Jean[/name]~s ([name]True[/name] Religion, [name]Ed[/name] [name]Hardy[/name], coogi) $ 30
Sunglasses (Di0r, Oakey, Coach, [name]Gucci[/name], Armaini) $ 16
hooded jersey $ 29 $ 16 A new era of belt ([name]ED[/name] [name]Hardy[/name] / BT) $ 15
Watch (Rolex) Scarf $ 80 $ 21
Bikini ([name]Ed[/name] [name]Hardy[/name], [name]Polo[/name], [name]Gucci[/name], LV, [name]Christian[/name] Audigier, Affliction) $ 15
monster head earphones
Accept international bank transfer, credit card,Western Union.
sale all kinds of world brand shoes, jean~s, t-shirts, bikini, beach
pants, handbags, wallets, sunglasses, belts, hats, watches etc.
=== http://www.gobuyfashion.com ===

Yeah, unfortunately I have a few of these associations as well. [name]Sonia[/name], [name]Eli[/name], and [name]Carrie[/name] are all victims of this, and all names that I’d probably like otherwise!

Talina, [name]JoAnna[/name], [name]Rosie[/name], [name]Heather[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Carol[/name], [name]Jaime[/name], [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Philip[/name], [name]Hilary[/name]…absolutely nothing wrong with those names. Couldn’t use them.

No, I don’t feel that way at all. In fact, I think it’s terrible that after High School you seem to still have the same petty judgments about people not being ‘cool’ enough for you. Are you suggesting that the only good names are the ones of cheerleaders or jocks? It’s different if you have a bad association with a person, for example, I couldn’t use [name]Helen[/name] because of a college roommate who was a nightmare, but to discard a name because a poor, socially awkward kid in your school had it is horrible!

It isn’t because of how I feel about her name because of her. I actually liked [name]Tara[/name] a lot, and we were friends until she moved away. My point is that I couldn’t use her name with my memories of her treatment during the time I knew her. I just have the association between her name and getting teased, which is why I couldn’t use it. I’m not saying its logical, its just how I feel.

[name]Melody[/name]- used to love it, till there was a very unsavory girl in my class named this
[name]Angie[/name]- bad experience with a girl who pretended to be a friend and bullied me
[name]Regina[/name]- a girl who smelled like pee and never had clean hair
[name]Carrie[/name]- a girl who was very mean to everyone and promiscuous

There are a lot of names I wouldn’t use because they were friends of mine from growing up - some with negative connotations based on a person’s personality and some because I was surrounded by people with those names and can really only think of them when I read/ hear the name. They include: [name]Josh[/name]/ [name]Joshua[/name], [name]Tara[/name], [name]Michelle[/name], [name]Tammi[/name], [name]Dorothy[/name], [name]Carlos[/name], [name]Peter[/name], [name]Greg[/name]/ [name]Gregory[/name], [name]Jennifer[/name], [name]Stacey[/name], [name]Kimberly[/name]/ [name]Kim[/name], and [name]Melissa[/name].

But not all the names have a negative connotation; for example, I wouldn’t use [name]Laura[/name] or [name]Lauren[/name] because my [name]SIL[/name] is [name]Laura[/name] and [name]Lauren[/name] is both my middle name and my cousin’s name.

I wouldn’t use [name]Dylan[/name] or [name]Tyler[/name] because they were these two guys in middle school that were very mean to me. I also have an ex named [name]Tyler[/name], and I don’t want people to think I am “still in love with him”. Same goes for the name of my other ex, [name]Joseph[/name], though I do really like [name]Josephine[/name] for a girl. There aren’t any girl names that I can think of at the moment, but those are the main ones anyways.

There are a couple of name ruiners at my school…
[name]Hailey[/name] - really awkward girl that I would like, but she’s also very self-centered and rude…
‘[name]Drake[/name]’- I would probably like [name]Drake[/name] for a boy, but a girl goes my it, and she’s ruined it by being a pathological liar.
[name]Cait[/name]- Same type of person as [name]Drake[/name].
And then there are a couple that are just too tied to the person:
[name]Sally[/name], [name]Kathy[/name], [name]Morgan[/name], [name]Thomas[/name], [name]Erica[/name], [name]Molly[/name], [name]Mike[/name], [name]Lennart[/name].

[name]Graham[/name] - Poor kid was always being teased and made fun of. He was a bit special and slight behaviour issues. But he wasn’t a stupid or bad kid. He was just not “typical/normal”. He was always made fun of by [name]Cameron[/name], the polar opposite cool kid.

[name]Vincent[/name]
Garly (Girl)

I think you’re taking it the wrong way.
Also, just because a kid is popular doesn’t mean their a cheerleader or a jock, nor does being unpopular mean that they aren’t a cheerleader or a jock.

OP did say that it was the way the kid was treated that affected her perception on the name. I wouldn’t name my child something that brought up a negative perception either. But that’s just me.

No, not at all. I think I outgrew perceptions of peoples names from high school a few years after I graduated.

[name]Jasmine[/name], [name]Lucy[/name]

Also I [name]LOVE[/name] but could never use [name]Stella[/name], it’s such a beautiful name, but I read two books in a row last year where a little girl called [name]Stella[/name] met an untimely end :frowning:

[name]Tammy[/name] and [name]April[/name]
I had issues with more than one girl named [name]Tammy[/name] and an awful roommate named [name]April[/name]
The funny thing is, these are the names of my 2 closest friends now! LOL

My best friend since Kindergarten is named, [name]Tara[/name]. But yes, i understand… I could never use the name [name]Sarah[/name] in any form for a reason similar to that… LOL

Not saying I would use any of these to begin with, but they all have bad associations in my mind still…

[name]Olivia[/name], [name]Paige[/name], [name]Megan[/name], [name]Emerald[/name], [name]Hailey[/name]
[name]Kirk[/name], [name]Russell[/name], [name]Mitch[/name], [name]Geoff[/name]

I was the unpopular kid, lol.

I was a camp counselor to a home-schooled, socially awkward [name]Lydia[/name] who changed my perception of the name. The other children in her group had a hard time relating to her. Now that she no longer attends the summer camp, I’m hoping I could reform my opinion of the name. I’ve been name-crushing on [name]Lydia[/name] for awhile (I’m on a Greek kick) but I can tell something’s holding me back from falling in love with it.

Only one that I can think of, really - [name]Amy[/name]. It’s really unfortunate, because I actually like the name when I think about it objectively, but then I think about how nasty that girl was to me. So it’s a name that I’d love to see on others’ kids, but could never use.

Edited to say: Actually, I thought of one more - a former roommate named [name]Donald[/name] who I grew to loathe, but I wouldn’t have liked his name anyhow!