Thea or Eva?

Not pregnant, but love names. I’ve been struggling with these two girl’s names lately, [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Eva[/name]. I have some concerns about both, so I’d like more opinions.

[name]Thea[/name]: I’m pronouncing it thee-ah. I love, love, love [name]Thea[/name]. People have told me it sounds too nickname-y, but I don’t like any of the long forms very much.

[name]Eva[/name]: I recently had a dream that I had a daughter named [name]Eva[/name] and now can’t get it out of my head! I’m concerned that it’s too popular (I usually rule out top 100 names) and too close to the MEGApopular [name]Ava[/name].

So what do you think? Which do you prefer? Which sounds better with my favorite boy’s names, [name]Declan[/name] and [name]Finn[/name]? Or maybe you could give me some suggestions for similar names you think I’d like? Thank you. <3 -[name]Freya[/name]

I like [name]Thea[/name] better, maybe because I like the boys name [name]Theo[/name]. [name]Thea[/name] is spunky and cute. I don’t think it sounds too nicknamey.

As for [name]Eva[/name], I don’t know. It’s pretty and all but I don’t see the appeal. To me it just seems sort of plain and overused.

Also, I think [name]Thea[/name] works best with [name]Declan[/name]. But I’d have to say [name]Eva[/name] works better with [name]Finn[/name].

[name]Hope[/name] that helps:)
[name]Hana[/name]

Thanks! I think I’m leaning towards [name]Thea[/name], but I’d like some more opinions, too! :slight_smile:

I don’t know why, but I’ve just never been a fan of [name]Thea[/name]. It sounds lispy to me, a little nicknamey (though I do think it can stand on its own pretty well, I just wouldn’t do it myself) and feels like it doesn’t have much character. This is all just me, though-- it’s a perfectly fine name, and it seems like it’s your favorite.

I think [name]Eva[/name] is gorgeous. It’s simple, only three letters, but elegant and classic. It is popular, which is a shame. Out of the two, I much prefer [name]Eva[/name], but that’s just my personal opinion. I think both go equally well with [name]Declan[/name] and [name]Finn[/name].

@irisrose, Thanks so much! I am concerned that [name]Thea[/name] may be too nickname-y, but I usually like nickname-y names. I used to [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Thea[/name] but it’s dropping a bit for me. I think that’s why I thought of [name]Eva[/name]. I think I would be 1000% in love with [name]Eva[/name] if it was less popular, I’m just concerned that she would be [name]Eva[/name] B. or whatever.