Theadora Mia (girl) or Luis Elias (boy)?

I love the name [name]Theadora[/name] ([name]Teddy[/name] or [name]Thea[/name], for short) [name]Mia[/name] for a girl or [name]Luis[/name] [name]Elias[/name] (we would call him [name]Eli[/name]) for a boy. Dad and grand dad have first name [name]Luis[/name] and go by their middle names, so its a tradition I guess.

Opinions? Suggestions?

I like [name]Mia[/name], but I would say my tastes are a bit different in general, so I wouldn’t be the best to offer advice. Good luck in finding the right name!! It’s sooo hard!! :slight_smile:

Haha thanks for your honesty! I’m aware of the unusual quality of the names, but I’m drawn to names that are uncommon, yet classic and not trendy.

I like [name]Mia[/name] but [name]Theadora[/name] not so much. There is [name]Isadora[/name] that I am a fan of.
[name]Luis[/name] [name]Elias[/name] is ok. [name]Luis[/name] is a family name so its good but to spruce it up maybe [name]Luca[/name] [name]Elias[/name]?

I really like [name]Theadora[/name] and [name]Eli[/name]. "Gift of God is a beautiful meaning. Good luck!

[name]Luis[/name] [name]Elias[/name] is nice!

[name]Theodora[/name] [name]Mia[/name] sounds like one word when I say it aloud-- “Theodoramia”. What other middles have you considered? Maybe one that begins with a long vowel, [name]Theodora[/name] [name]Elise[/name], and has more than one syllable? [name]Theodora[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] doesn’t “elide” the way [name]Theodora[/name] [name]Mia[/name] kind of slides together since it doesn’t end in short “a” even though its one syllable.

Good luck, you’ll get lots of good name suggestions from berries :slight_smile:

I also love [name]Isadora[/name], but, unfortunately, I have a not so nice association with the shortened [name]Isa[/name] (pronounced eesA). Otherwise, [name]Isadora[/name] is a beautiful name.

I think [name]Luis[/name] [name]Elias[/name] is almost there but the repetition of the same sounds may be too much. Same with [name]Theodora[/name] and [name]Mia[/name]. If you had to choose one of the names, which would you choose?