Thelonious nn Theo WDYT?

DH is finally willing to talk more in depth about our name options. Since day 1 he has wanted lighting in honor of Lightning Hopkins a country blues guitarist he loves. I of course said no as a first name and possibly a mn as a compromise. Now he came up with [name]Thelonious[/name] after his favorite [name]Jazz[/name] performer [name]Thelonious[/name] Monk. [name]How[/name] do u feel about this name? is it too out there even with the nn [name]Theo[/name]? In general I dislike nn for that reason we took off [name]Tennessee[/name] from out list i just dont like [name]Tenny[/name]. [name]Zephyr[/name], [name]Rio[/name] and [name]Stetson[/name] are still on our list. thank you!!

It feels pretty out there to me (especially paired with your daughter, [name]Lila[/name]), but I do think it has a cool vibe. I love the [name]Theo[/name] nickname and saw that [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] wrote about Theolious being a Latinized version of Tillo. I think that Tillo could be an interesting nickname, and it reminds me of [name]Rio[/name]'s feel.

([name]Rio[/name] is still my favorite on your list.) :slight_smile:

Good luck!

It does sound a bit too heavy with [name]Lila[/name]. [name]Rio[/name] is still my favorite as well.

Tillo very interesting! [name]Lila[/name] is from a previous relationship so the names will not be in the same style. I do want their names to sound ok together but matching the style exactly is not a priority or a reality.

I like it a lot! Spelt [name]Thelonius[/name] maybe? Drop the 2nd ‘o’ to shorten it just a little?
Its rare but doesn’t sound ridiculous and has a normal nn. [name]Do[/name] you not like ‘[name]Theo[/name]’ did you say?

I think I would drop the second o. I dont mind the nn theo at all but i feel like [name]Theodore[/name], although cute, is not our style. thank you for your input.

I think I would drop the second o. I dont mind the nn theo at all but i feel like [name]Theodore[/name], although cute, is not our style. thank you for your input.[/quote]

Thats okay! Yeah I just think with names like that its alot better when you shorten them as much as possible, avoids pronounciation issues with less letters I think!

It’s actually something I’ve considered myself! Unfortunately, it would sound weird with my last name, but I love it!