Theo or Theodore?

[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u] or [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]?

He would, preferably, be mostly called [name_u]Theo[/name_u]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. It provides best of both and gives the kid more options to go by when they’re grown.

2 Likes

I’d name him [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. I’ve always preferred full names to be given than just the diminutive. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] would look so refined on his exam certificates.

[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u]. I ended up just naming my kids what we wanted to call them. No regrets!

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] - flows better and can be both ‘Theo’ and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m].

[name_u]Theo[/name_u], I like naming them what you’ll call them

[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u] gets my vote. I really like [name_u]Theo[/name_u] on its own.

I’d definitely go with the full [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. Then he has many nickname options as he grows up if he wants a different feel when he’s a teenager or adult. [name_m]Ted[/name_m], [name_u]Teddie[/name_u], [name_u]Theo[/name_u], full [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], etc. I’ve known a lot of adults who went by a cute nickname as a kid and then went by their full name as an adult ie [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] now goes by [name_u]Charles[/name_u]. So I think using [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] but calling him [name_u]Theo[/name_u] would work great and give a lot of options!

theodore! give him the option of going by his full name or theo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I would go with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. I have a [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] who mostly goes by [name_m]Theo[/name_m], but I wanted to give him the option of the full name and other nickname options in the future.