Theodore and Finn?

Hello friends! :two_hearts:

I’ve come to the conclusion that my sons are likely to end up being [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] (which I’ve known for years) and some form of the name [name_m]Finn[/name_m] (which is a relatively new confirmation, despite the fact that I’ve loved the name forever). With this being said, for sibset building purposes, I have a few questions for you all!

Which [name_m]Finn[/name_m] name feels the most “Mollie” / you’d expect most on a birth announcement from me? [name_f]My[/name_f] personal favorites are [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_m]Finnick[/name_m], and newly [name_m]Finley[/name_m] and [name_m]Phineas[/name_m], but I also like “just” [name_m]Finn[/name_m]!

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] go well together? I personally lean towards [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] as a full name, and while I think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] do match, I wonder if using both of them would back me into a corner of using long first names. For example, I’m really liking the name [name_m]Earl[/name_m] at the moment, but if I were to have [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_m]Earl[/name_m] would stick out as being very short. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] would have less of this problem, but I’m wondering if it’s still there?

What aesthetic, imagery, and vibe do you get from them as brothers? [name_m]Dark[/name_m] academia, cottage core, etc? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you see them as little adventurers or a bit of a nerdy set?

And lastly, what names would you add to the set for a brother and a sister to [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] from my list?

[name_f]My[/name_f] current list!

BOYS - [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Earl[/name_m], [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Otis[/name_m], [name_m]Rowan[/name_m], [name_m]Forest[/name_m], [name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
GIRLS - [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Elaine[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_f]Ramona[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Evelyn[/name_f], [name_f]Agnes[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

Thank you in advance!

To be honest, I feel like I’d see [name_m]Finn[/name_m] rather than a long form of [name_m]Finn[/name_m] from you! But if I had to pick, I think you’d pick [name_m]Finley[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] go well together but I actually prefer [name_m]Finn[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. It feels not too matchy and [name_m]Theo[/name_m] could pair so well with [name_m]Finn[/name_m] as a nickname.

The vibes I get… homesteading, cottagecore, farms, adventurous rugged country boys, collecting ferns for their mother, racing around outside before supper, dirty tan overalls, mudpies, finger painting.

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] “Art” fits perfectly in along with [name_m]Felix[/name_m]! As for girls, [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] “Mae” and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] “Rosie” suit well.

I also suggest:
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] “Benji”
Wilby/Wilbur
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
And [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] “Maggie”

1 Like

I would definitely expect [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] from you!! He feels very handsome, rugged, and adventurous, and I love how sweet and boyish he is next to Theodore!!
I think they go together quite well, and I wouldn’t worry about the name length issue (especially if [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] goes by [name_m]Finn[/name_m], it’s even less of a problem!!)

Here are the vibes I get: :camping: :teddy_bear: :hiking_boot: :evergreen_tree: :bug: :basket:

From your list, I’d go with: [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_m]Otis[/name_m], and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] !!

3 Likes

I definitely think of [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] from you however I love [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] with the nn [name_m]Finn[/name_m].

[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] & [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] are handsome together & I wouldn’t be concerned about using a short name for another sibling, especially if they used shorted NN’s.

From your current lists I could easily see [name_m]Cassian[/name_m], [name_m]Forest[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] & [name_f]Elaine[/name_f] paired beautifully with this sibset.

1 Like

I think I’d mostly expect ‘just’ [name_m]Finn[/name_m], but [name_m]Phineas[/name_m], [name_m]Finley[/name_m] (or Finlay?) and [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] feel right too.

I think so - familiar with a touch of flair!

Hmm, I think it would depend what name you chose as as a third sibling.

So [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] and [name_m]Earl[/name_m] are unexpected, but [name_m]Earl[/name_m] is distinctive enough that it holds its own and feels substantial. If anything, while I think they totally work, [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is the one that stands out to me in this set a bit as far more popular?

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is perfectly balanced to me :slight_smile:

I’m getting down to earth but a little bit quirky, a little bit classic children’s literature, kind of nerdy but spirited

I’d make these sets:

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] and [name_m]Otis[/name_m]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] and [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

2 Likes

@Chewy Thank you for the reply! I love this vibe, it’s oh so sweet! Thank you for the suggestions too, I really like [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] “Wilby”.

@winterlyricalfox Oh my gosh, I love that emoji vibe! [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], [name_m]Otis[/name_m], and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] are so spunky and sweet together. That puts my mind at ease, especially as I’d likely go for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “Teddy” and [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] “Finn”. Thank you!

@PeachyMum Thank you for the reply and thoughts! I’m glad you think they’re sweet!

@Greyblue I do worry a little bit about the popularity of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], but I’ve become resigned to the fact :rofl: I just cannot let him go! That description is so sweet! Thank you!

3 Likes

These two are so sweet together!

I know [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] is higher on your list but for some reason my first instinct was [name_m]Finley[/name_m]. [name_m]Finn[/name_m] could work, especially if [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] was primarily [name_m]Theo[/name_m] or another sibling had a shorter name. [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] and [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] both stand out as being more uncommon than the other names on your list but they may just need the right sibling or middle to make it work.

In my mind, it’s sort of “Theodore + [name_m]Finley[/name_m] ‘Theo + Finn’ :surfing_man::sunny::bike:🫶🏼:camping: sporty, sunny, scrappy, chalk art on the sidewalk” or “Theodore + [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] :books::umbrella::evergreen_tree::socks::wood: bookish academic, rain, people watching in a cafe”

With [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] + [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], I do tend to think that a short name would stand out. But it could work if the name was a similar vibe.

A few on your list might be in conflict like [name_m]Finley[/name_m] and Felix/Finnegan and Cassian/Finn or [name_m]Finley[/name_m] and [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. They’re not super similar but when I was writing out sibsets I did pause.

Some groups:
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] (Theo, [name_m]Finn[/name_m] + Bear)
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finley[/name_m], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finn[/name_m], and [name_m]Rowan[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Phineas[/name_m], and [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]

1 Like

@lateaugust Thank you for the reply, [name_f]Madison[/name_f]! I love both of those descriptions, and the one for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] is definitely what I see (as well as [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Finley[/name_m], but [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] is more of what I go for with names!) I really like [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finley[/name_m], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] with [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], I also like potential nicknames [name_m]Finn[/name_m] and [name_m]Theo[/name_m] together.
I think they don’t feel very belonging to a specific aesthetic, maybe a bit outdoorsy and nerdy but not overly so.

As siblings I like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], Ramona… I think most of the girl names fit well.

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I love [name_m]Finn[/name_m] so much! [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is darling as well, & these would be great for brothers. Would you do just [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or a nn for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]? I’d say that if you’re doing just [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], then do just [name_m]Finn[/name_m]. If you’re doing [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] nn Theo/Teddy/etc (I kind of like [name_m]Thatch[/name_m] too!) then I vote [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] nn [name_m]Finn[/name_m]. [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] is a close second. I love [name_m]Finley[/name_m] (kind of prefer Finlay), but for some reason it bothers me to have FiNley and FiNN. Also, [name_m]Finley[/name_m] is sadly way more popular for girls.

Anywho, I would name a brother & a sister for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] & Finn…

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] & [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

…but I also really like [name_m]Otis[/name_m] as a brother!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_m]Finn[/name_m] :100: It’s a full, complete name - don’t ruin it.

1 Like

I automatically thought [name_m]Finley[/name_m]! I think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] + [name_m]Finley[/name_m] have the more cottagecore feel which I associate with your overall vibe. [name_m]Finley[/name_m] is my favourite [name_m]Finn[/name_m] name and is just so sweet, outdoorsy and fun. I think [name_m]Finley[/name_m] draws out the sweetness of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. Looking at this sibling set I think [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] & [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] would be adorable. Along with [name_f]Evelyn[/name_f] & [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] for sisters would be pretty and provide cottagecore feels. This set feels outdoorsy, running through meadows, climbing trees, wearing cosy jumpers and wellies that are way too big.

[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] is gorgeous! Very handsome and sophisticated. I think [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] + [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] have a more dark academia vibe. Looking at your list I think you have got names which have the similar dark academia vibe both [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] maybe too close with the ending would [name_m]Cassius[/name_m], [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] or [name_m]Casper[/name_m] go on your wavelength? I want to also suggest [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] for this sibling set as he feels more dark academia. [name_f]Sister[/name_f] names for that dark academia feel [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] & [name_f]Agnes[/name_f] would be brilliant. This set feels more bookish, providing imagery of moody Victorian libraries and wintry landscapes.

Concerning length I do not feel that you need to choose another long name because the first two are just go with names you love!

1 Like

@OpheliaFlora Thank you for the reply, [name_f]Polly[/name_f]! I’m quite glad you think the girls fit well, I’ve been having a bit of a struggle with my girls list, so that’s reassuring!

@MichelleM Thank you! I’ll be using [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] “Teddy.” [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Finn[/name_m], [name_m]Jack[/name_m], and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] are sweet!

@EJK1720 Thanks for the reply!

@tori101 Thank you for the response, [name_f]Tori[/name_f]! First, I just want to say your descriptions are absolutely lovely! I definitely see the more cottagecore vibe of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Finley[/name_m] vs. the more dark academia vibe of [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] and [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]! [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is lovely! Thanks again for the reply!

1 Like