Theodore, Duncan, or Frederick (nn Fritz)?

What are your thoughts on these names? First impressions, etc.?

[name]Theodore[/name] - love it! It’s so classic and dashing and charming, imo. I would love to meet a [name]Theodore[/name]. I like just [name]Theodore[/name] much more than its nns ([name]Theo[/name], [name]Teddy[/name], [name]Ted[/name]), though, so I would probably only ever use it as a MN.

[name]Duncan[/name] - I’m a bit obsessed about anything Scottish lately, so I want to like this. (In fact, my Scottish uncle just recommended I use this for a story I’m writing yesterday!) I can’t really get behind it, though… something about [name]Duncan[/name] has never appealed to me.

[name]Frederick[/name] - I’m not a huge fan of [name]Frederick[/name] because the one I knew best was pretty awful, but I do think the nn [name]Freddie[/name] is pretty cute. [name]Fritz[/name] is okay, but it sounds like the name of a cat rather than a person to me. :frowning:

Good luck!

You really can’t go wrong with any of these three names. Here are my impressions.

[name]Theodore[/name] - a strong, masculine and distinguished name with a spunky nn of [name]Theo[/name]. My fave!

[name]Duncan[/name] - a new crush for me. Before I was reserved due to the potention teasing of “Dunkin’ Donut”. Now I’m liking it more and more. It’s Scottish, handsome and somewhat dashing. Duncan Theodore (swoon!)? Second fave on your list.

[name]Frederick[/name] - a classic and timeless name that has an air of authority to it. However, I seem to like the nn [name]Freddie[/name] more than the proper name itself. A nice name but it takes third place.

I really like all of them. I’ll put them in order of preference:

1. [name]Duncan[/name] – I actually really like this one! I love the kingly connections and the nn [name]Dunc[/name]. It sound intelligent and strong.

2. [name]Theodore[/name] – This name is loved so much on this site it’s starting to feel over done by Nameberry to me, but I still really like it. I love the connection to [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Roosevelt[/name], and the name is intelligent sounding, like [name]Duncan[/name]. [name]Theo[/name] or [name]Thor[/name] are great nns.

3. [name]Frederick[/name] – nothing wrong with this one, just my least favorite. I think it sounds a bit harsh, but so do a lot of perfectly fine names. I like [name]Fritz[/name] actually better than [name]Frederick[/name]. I prefer [name]Rick[/name]/[name]Ricky[/name] as nicknames.

[name]Fritz[/name] is a wicked cool nickname, and I’m voting for [name]Frederick[/name] on that at all. :slight_smile: But I love the name [name]Duncan[/name]. Not a fan of [name]Theodore[/name].