Theon or Theonius?

See the results of this poll: Brother Names: Kai and ?

Respondents: 12 (This poll is closed)

• Theon : 11 (92%)
  • Theonius: 1 (8%)

[name]Theo[/name] + nius would be [thee-oh-NEE-uss] to me, but I’d imagine Theonius is more like [thee-OH-nee-uss]? Either way, I think [name]Theon[/name] is best; I feel like Theonius overshadows [name]Kai[/name] too much and it’s a big name to bare! [name]Both[/name] are nice though ::slight_smile:

I have to agree with [name]Genevie[/name] - [name]Theon[/name] is better with [name]Kai[/name]. Theonius just looks like a misspelling of [name]Thelonius[/name] to me. I think it would have a lot of pronunciation issues too! Good luck, [name]Mischa[/name].

thank you [name]Mischa[/name] & [name]Genevie[/name] for this great feedback! you have both confirmed every concern i was having about Theonius or even [name]Thelonius[/name], i guess i wanted to see if [name]Theon[/name] was a good pair with the ethereal [name]Kai[/name]. [name]Kai[/name] has been such a hard one to pair with, esp. since the ‘new’ one is now over 2 yrs old and i know his personality…[name]Theo[/name] has been his stand in name since we decided his birth name was a miss after trying it for a year. (that could be a whole other thread called 'naming disasters"). so now its time to make the birth certificate official and we all feel like [name]Theo[/name] is too soft for him and may not pair with [name]Kai[/name] well so we want to give him an option on paper thats based on what he knows but fits him better.

First of all, [name]Theo[/name] is a great name unto itself and I think fits just fine with [name]Kai[/name]. Calling him [name]Theo[/name] officially would be my vote!

But…
I like [name]Theon[/name] a lot.

You could of course use [name]Theodore[/name], which is one of my all time favorites, but too classic for my husband’s taste.

[name]Don[/name]'t like Theonius. I also see and think [name]Thelonius[/name] (as in Monk) which isn’t a bad connection but not what you are going for probably.

thanks for your feedback Moxielove.
[name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Theo[/name] just feel too traditional for him (now we see his personality), thats why we want to add a bit to [name]Theo[/name] as an option for him. we are a family of artists so we prefer non-traditional, plus love our T. Monk cds :slight_smile:
but [name]Theon[/name] is really feeling like the right addition. i wanted to see if there were any negative aspects/associations with it…