think i found "the" boys name....need opinions

Finally - i feel like i found it, the name that feels right…but my DH is not 100% sold but I think i can convince him.

I think this baby wants to be named Brig or [name]Briggs[/name] if it is a boy (i still have [name]ZERO[/name] clue on a girl name)…but i have some questions…

1. would you go w/ Brig or [name]Briggs[/name]?

2. does this work w/ DS, [name]Dash[/name]?

3. is it a problem that we are not mormon and therefore have no association to [name]Brigham[/name] [name]Young[/name]?

4. Are there any other names, besides [name]Brigham[/name], that I could use to get the nickname, Brig?

5. Any middle name ideas?

thanks so much for all your help!

I think Brig/g looks incomplete… [name]Briggs[/name] would be better but I would go with [name]Brigham[/name], Bridges, [name]Bridger[/name] or even [name]Brick[/name]/[name]Bric[/name]/[name]Brik[/name] would work with this as a nn. I like [name]Brigg[/name] and [name]Briggs[/name] though. I think it is a solid name and I can see [name]Briggs[/name] on a young boy to adult.

Middle names

I think I like [name]Bridger[/name] or [name]Brigham[/name] best with [name]Brigg[/name]/s as a nn

[name]Bridger[/name]/[name]Brigham[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Bridger[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Bridger[/name]/[name]Brigham[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Bridger[/name] [name]Declan[/name]
[name]Bridger[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Bridger[/name]/[name]Brigham[/name] [name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Bridger[/name] [name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Brigham[/name] [name]Ezra[/name]

Ok I have replied 3 times now :slight_smile: haha…

I really like [name]Dash[/name] and [name]Bridger[/name] together! A lot! is [name]Dash[/name] his full name?

What about [name]Brighton[/name], with Brig as a NN? [name]Brighton[/name] and [name]Dash[/name] sound great together.

I just think of [name]Brighton[/name] jewelry and accessories… Which makes me think girls…

Hey, there!

Brig looks like [name]Trig[/name] to me - as in [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Palin[/name]'s son and trigonometry. [name]Briggs[/name] sounds - and is - a last name, and it sounds befitting of a stumpy old dog, not a child! Sorry…

[name]Brigham[/name], to me, is too connected to Mormonism and [name]Brigham[/name] [name]Young[/name] University - and, of course Mr. [name]Brigham[/name] [name]Young[/name]. I’m not sure you should go there…

I like [name]Brighton[/name]! I think of the English seaside town, not the jewelry line. I know Nameberry lists it as a female name, but babynames.com lists it as a male name. Thus, I’ll go with unisex. Not only does it give you the Brig ([name]Briggs[/name]) nickname, he can use [name]Tony[/name] if he really hates Brig!

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I just can’t picture [name]Brighton[/name] on a man. But if I met a man
named [name]Brighton[/name] I don’t think I would think much of it.

I like Brig but agree that it would be better with a full name behind it. If you want his given name to be [name]Brigg[/name], I would go with two g’s and no ‘s’. I do think it goes well with [name]Dash[/name] (for some reason, I don’t think [name]Dash[/name] sounds as incomplete without a longer name - but if you had asked me at the time you named [name]Dash[/name], I would have said to give him full name [name]Dashiell[/name], so this just might be my preference). I like [name]Bridger[/name], as suggested, but really, really like [name]Brighton[/name]. I’ve never heard of the accessory company. [name]Bright[/name] is a really cute nn too, I think. I agree that [name]Brigham[/name] is a little too closely tied with [name]Brigham[/name] [name]Young[/name] to use [name]Brigham[/name] itself but I don’t think you would have the same problem if you’re just using the nn Brig or full name [name]Brigg[/name].

[name]Brighton[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Brighton[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Brighton[/name] [name]Silas[/name]
[name]Brighton[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Brigg[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Brigg[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Brigg[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]

I also like [name]Bridger[/name] and [name]Brighton[/name] as possible ways to get to Brig as a nn.

Between Brig and [name]Briggs[/name] alone, I’d go with [name]Briggs[/name]. It’s a surname and so it seems more name-like and substantial to me, as well as going along with the surname-turned-first name trend.

If your son [name]Dash[/name] doesn’t have a longer form to his name, I’d say go with [name]Briggs[/name]. If it’s [name]Dashiell[/name], or something similar, go with a longer name to get to Brig/[name]Briggs[/name].

I think any Br- name could easily lead you to Brig/[name]Briggs[/name] as a nn. For example:
Briac
[name]Bradford[/name]
[name]Brannan[/name]/[name]Brennan[/name]
[name]Brant[/name]/[name]Bram[/name]/[name]Brock[/name]/[name]Brett[/name] (too short to lend to nns but I like them anyway!)
[name]Breckin[/name]
Brannock
[name]Broderick[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Brian[/name]/O’[name]Brian[/name]
[name]Brogan[/name]
[name]Bryant[/name]

Also a possibility:
[name]Abram[/name]

1. would you go w/ Brig or [name]Briggs[/name]?–[name]BRIGGS[/name]

2. does this work w/ DS, [name]Dash[/name]? --YES, I THINK THIS WORKS

3. is it a problem that we are not mormon and therefore have no association to [name]Brigham[/name] [name]Young[/name]? --NO, I [name]DON[/name]'T THINK SO

4. Are there any other names, besides [name]Brigham[/name], that I could use to get the nickname, Brig?–I WOULD GO WITH [name]JUST[/name] [name]BRIGGS[/name] or [name]BRIGHTON[/name]

5. Any middle name ideas? [name]ALEXANDER[/name] or [name]DONOVAN[/name]

1. would you go w/ Brig or [name]Briggs[/name]? I’d personally go with [name]Briggs[/name].

2. does this work w/ DS, [name]Dash[/name]? Yes, I think it does.

3. is it a problem that we are not mormon and therefore have no association to [name]Brigham[/name] [name]Young[/name]? I think that [name]Brigham[/name] would be a problem, but not [name]Briggs[/name].

4. Are there any other names, besides [name]Brigham[/name], that I could use to get the nickname, Brig? I love the ideas of [name]Bridger[/name] and [name]Brighton[/name], and you could also go with a Br or B first name and a G middle to get Brig/[name]Briggs[/name].

5. Any middle name ideas?

[name]Briggs[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Briggs[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Briggs[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] (kind of sounds like Brig Zolliver, though)

Brig [name]Donovan[/name]
Brig [name]Harrison[/name]
Brig [name]Jameson[/name]
Brig [name]Maxfield[/name]

[name]Brighton[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Brighton[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Brighton[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile: