Thinking about #3

I have 2 boys, 25 months old and 6 mo old. I can’t stop thinking about trying for #3. I always thought we’d only have 2 kids, but now i’m not sure. I’d love some advice from Mom’s of 3 or more on how it wa going from 2 to 3 kids. thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I wish I had some advice for you. However, I am in the same boat… a two year old girl and a 5 month old boy with thoughts of a third frequently on my mind. I too would love to hear thoughts from others on this. Thanks for posting as I am curious too.
All the best!

Well, I’m a dad, but I can still offer my experiences. We currently have three children (tried for a fourth but are having twins next month…oops!) and I can honestly say that the transition from two to three children was much less difficult than the transition from one to two, though it’s still of course a huge change. Our kids are relatively close in age (two years between each), so when our third child was born, our oldest was four, and rapidly gaining her independence. I worry that she sometimes felt neglected, as my partner and I would take turns focusing on her two younger siblings. But ultimately, I had already learned (as best as I could) to balance my time between two children with a lot of patience whenever my partner wasn’t around, so together we were able to learn more quickly how to balance our time and attention between the three of them. He and I are both from big families, so perhaps we were more used to the idea of raising multiple young children at a time.

I can tell you that most of our new issues involved simply buying more things, whether it be food, clothes, a double stroller (with a spot for our oldest to stand!) and the like. We were very pressed for space in a two-bedroom apartment until we moved this year. So as long as you’re financially in a good place to raise three children, it’s generally very doable to have three children. Perhaps it would be a good idea for you to wait another year or so, though.