This Character Once Said

A place to put quotes from your characters that you really like, for any reason.

Example:

[name_m]Hunter[/name_m] [name_f]Nyx[/name_f] once said…

“When has life ever been fair? But, I’ll tell you this. You are in the wrong place. For I am any Phibian’s nightmare. They are sooo afraid of me. And you should be too.”

“Vampire! [name_m]Roar[/name_m], hiss, whatever noise you’re expecting, I shall now feast!”

“Cute?! I strike fear into the hearts of the bravest Phibians!”

“Awww, isn’t that sweet? The foreigner girl’s trying to save you, [name_m]Ludwig[/name_m]. She knows I’m much too powerful for a mere human to defeat.”

“I don’t want to hide. I want to live! But… I guess hiding and living are kind of the same thing in my case. So, fine.”

“Oh good. You’re awake. The magic TV thing won’t turn on. I’ve tried waving the weird rectangular wand thing at it and saying everything from abracadabra to open sesame. Nothing works. How do ya do it? Also, why do you look like you’re about to start laughing?”

“I like you too. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though you’re friends with Aloysius.”

“Cute? Can’t be me, then. I strike fear into the hearts of the bravest Phibians, remember?”

“Ludwig! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you not know how to use a calendar?! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you not know how to count?!”

“While you were probably enjoying your little magic free life, I was hanging upside from a tree wondering how many more days I would be there. You think magic is going to kill you but, in reality, it’s killing everyone you punish for having it!”

“Certain death? From what?! A Pixie?! Run for your life! It’s gonna fly circles around your head buzzing annoyingly!”

If anyone has any questions about this thread, feel free to ask.

3 Likes

“It means to make romantic advances towards someone” - Aconito

“You’ll be ok right? The sea isnt that much farther from here” - Aconito

“You are not going after them” - Aconito

“Who are you? Where are you from? Why are you in a tree? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like climbing trees? Whats that? Why are there beads on your shoes?” - [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]

“Looks like the kid has a new friend well as long as he isnt bothering me great” - [name_f]Zilya[/name_f]

“Emilien is probably still studying so he is busy…maybe i can make some more posters last time they got taken down and the police showed up at the door” - Tyméo

“Yes they think if i stay here any longer ill end up like you” - [name_m]Emilien[/name_m]

“That person looks drownable” - [name_m]Dune[/name_m]

“Yep Licence Passport Legal Papers Its All Here You Got The Money” - Loi

2 Likes

Great, now I’m going through all my stories looking for decent quotes…

1 Like

[name_f]Jenna[/name_f] [name_m]Johnson[/name_m] - “You will be my best friend forever,”

[name_f]Shannon[/name_f] [name_m]Johnson[/name_m] - “Okay, okay. Here: I hate you all, I hate my life, I hate school, I hate everything!”

[name_f]Brianna[/name_f] Haylon - “… shut up and get off my friend!”

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_m]Morrison[/name_m] - “Your sister is in the hospital and all you can think about is breakfast? FOR SHAME! People who go to hospitals can die!”

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f] Christers - “… No one here hates you…”

Unnamed character - “…It will not be easy…you will be scared or insecure, but never let that stop you from doing what you want to do.”

[name_f]Kennedy[/name_f] Cunningham - “I am so blessed to have you both in my life, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.”

3 Likes

[name_f]Maretha[/name_f]

“You know, running into stuff isn’t going to make you look any more impressive.”

“I don’t even think that’s possible.”

“What do you want?! Cause I’m not gonna go on a flight with you or just stand around and look pretty while you slam yourself into trees! For your information—”

[name_m]Chardin[/name_m]

“Hey lady! Watch it!”

“Today isn’t my lucky day. On my lucky days, I can knock ten stallions out of the ring at the same time!”

“Chill out, lady! You’re scary when you’re mad!”

“And I can’t say I ain’t proud of it.”

“Aw, thanks. Nobody’s ever told me that. Heck, most mares don’t even talk to me. [name_f]Busy[/name_f] with… whatever mares do.”

2 Likes

“Oh, I’m sorry, I wouldn’t have gotten kidnapped if I’d know it would be so inconvenient for you.” -Ash

“Um. . . he kicked my TV off the wall because he couldn’t figure out how to turn it on, he screamed in terror when I turned on the ceiling fan, and he’s completely unfamiliar with the concept of a toilet. So, all things considered, it’s going great.” -Iisha

“Look, I’ve told you at least seven times that it’s completely impossible for her to fall in love with you! And yes, I could spell everything out for you, but it’ll be way more fun watching you figure it out for yourself!” -Inessa, to [name_f]Sanya[/name_f], about [name_f]Taliya[/name_f], from several rooms over

3 Likes

[name_m]Devin[/name_m] [name_m]Colbee[/name_m] (part 1)

“Well, good morning to you too, [name_f]Princess[/name_f]. I take it you’re in a foul mood so far today.”

“Actually, wait, I do know what today is. [name_m]August[/name_m] thirtieth, the year is fifteen eleven. A very important guest is coming to the palace.”

“I’d take rats over her any day.” (This is actually a thought)

“I understand, trust me I do. But, that’s life at the palace. Your existence is controlled by a bratty princess. So’s mine. I’d tell you that it’ll get better, but it probably won’t.” (To [name_f]Cosette[/name_f], who is a dog)

“Yes, wolves. The wolves that live down here. Did you not pay attention to the lessons that I know mentioned them? Also, they’re nocturnal. And the sun is setting. So, if you don’t want to become their meal, you shouldn’t yell anymore.”

“It’s always nice to be appreciated. Sadly, I think a princess who’s been fed three full meals a day for eighteen years would be much more appetizing than me, who rarely gets to eat three times a day. Nevermind three full meals. And never any cake.”

“I wasn’t born a nothing, I was made one. You can thank your father for that. If he had just left me and my parents alone, I’d probably be a something by now. And we wouldn’t be having this discussion.”

“Why do you all of the sudden look scared of me? You’ve never looked scared of me. What? Did you just realize that I could leave you to be eaten by the wolves?”

“Unfortunately, I can’t just go and leave you to your fate down here. There’s a chance I might regret it someday. It’s a slim chance and that someday is probably very far away, but I do have a conscience. And I’d like to die with nothing on it. No major regrets.”

“Unfortunately, you can’t order geography around, Princess.”

“The only other option was to leave you behind. If I did that, you’d be in that troll’s stomach right now. And, someday, probably not until my free, happy life was almost over, I’d look back and regret letting that happen.”

“In your case, if I was the one in danger instead of you, yes. It would be smarter for you to leave me behind and hightail it out of this ravine as fast as possible. You’re [name_f]Princess[/name_f] Malarrea [name_m]Sophron[/name_m] and I’m a nobody. Nobody would miss me. But, they’d miss you.”

“Somebody needs to keep watch. The wolves, remember? And Candarrus. And the troll. And anything else that might be lurking down here. Your life and my existence could be in danger at any time.”

“Well, I’m sure you’ll figure it out eventually, [name_f]Princess[/name_f]. Like in five minutes, when you realize that we have nothing in common besides nightmares and murdered family members.”

“Remember it’s the past and you can’t change it. No amount of wishing can change it.”

“You’re [name_f]Princess[/name_f] Malarrea [name_m]Sophron[/name_m]. Therefore, nothing you ever do is wrong.”

“Alright then. I’ll do my best. Basically, friendship means that two or more people care about, trust, and are there for each other. No one acts like they’re better than the others. No one threatens anyone else. They all listen to each other.”

“Yes, there is. You’re a royal. I’m a lowly servant. And we aren’t friends. Therefore, we aren’t on a first name basis.”

“Princess? Are you one hundred percent certain that you haven’t been replaced with a changeling?”

“How can you expect me to believe that? It’s easy to say you’re sorry. And, like I said, it’s nice to hear you apologize. But, it’s going to take a lot more than words to convince me that you mean it.”

“That’s the point. Your apologies can’t do that. No words can fix what’s broken. No words can turn back time and stop my existence from turning out like this.”

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep. [name_m]Or[/name_m], that you might not be able to keep.”

“But, if you really are trying to be a better person, I shouldn’t be acting like it isn’t possible. After all, it’s easier to learn without constantly being judged.”

“If the stories are true, they either eat the souls or the hearts of unsuspecting people who they lure in. Looking at those claws, I’m thinking it’s the latter.”

“It would’ve been disappointed anyway. I doubt I’d make a good meal. Certainly not a filling one.”

“I think that’s called an opinion, Princess.”

“It would have felt like murder. And I once vowed that I would never be a murderer.”

“He made the decision. And thought you’d never know. As far as he was concerned, I would always just be a personal servant to you. That was the purpose of my age and why I look less threatening than even a squire. Why would anyone put me in charge of a royal’s safety?”

“Every good parent is proud of their kids. Seriously, though. I’m not perfect. I wasn’t a perfect kid either. I was a normal kid who drove my parents crazy sometimes. Why do you think my father had to tell me there was a Vrolumri in the woods?”

“Maybe so. But you were born. And I’m here. You know what? I’m more okay with that now than I’ve ever been.”

“What matters is what you do now. What kind of person you choose to be for the rest of your life.”

“That’s right. When you put your mind to something, you can be very persuasive. Honestly, I’m impressed with how hard you’re trying to make amends. At first, I thought you’d eventually quit. But you’ve kept at it.”

“I got that. It just still comes as a shock that you try because you actually care about me. That you think I’m worth trying for.”

“After everything we’ve been through together. I guess we’re a team right now.”

“You’re still shaking. Look at me. We don’t know what the future brings. And, one way or another, everyone eventually dies. But we’re safe right now. Nothing is going to hurt us. Not tonight. I promise.”

“For the first time, I think I agree with throwing someone in the dungeon.”

Sorry for the length here. The [name_f]Princess[/name_f] And Her Servant is the book I’ve written the most of so far, so [name_m]Devin[/name_m] has a lot of lines that I’m proud of. Too many to list all at once, so I split the quotes into two parts. Part two coming soon!

2 Likes

most of these will be first lines

[name_f]Sofie[/name_f] " Oh shoot, there twins. Kill me now people, twins are scary business" not first line
Nex “Your strange, I like strange, I like you, not like love like you but. Well, before I act any sillyer, I’m [name_m]Lennox[/name_m] but most people call me Nex” first line
[name_f]Sequoia[/name_f]: “I hear you’re the new girl. You look pretty.” First line

looking for more good lines add more soon!

1 Like

correcting your grammar because I’m a stickler and I’m horrible, please go ahead and ignore me

“Oh shoot, they’re twins. Kill me now, people–twins are a scary business.”

“You’re strange. I like strange. I like you–not like love like you but. . . Well, before I act any sillier, I’m [name_m]Lennox[/name_m], but most people call me Nex.”

The third one is totally fine. Sorry sorry sorry!!!

1 Like

(Was asked if her parents ever told her it was rude to look through peoples windows) “Nah they are more into like crime and gangs then parenting” -Nyx

(Was asked why she was there) “i was planning on robbing you smiles” -Nyx

(Had a window closed on her when trying to rob someone) “ok sounds good ill just come back later” -Nyx

Thank you so much! I was copying it down from a notebook and my handwriting sucks!

1 Like

Jistu “Everyone deserves a second chance, and don’t you dare let anyone tell you different.” First line
[name_m]August[/name_m] " Mind If I sit with you?" First line

1 Like

[name_m]Devin[/name_m] [name_m]Colbee[/name_m] (part 2)

“Wow. That was weird. But, you didn’t get sacrificed. So, I’m glad it happened.”

“That I’m their chosen one? No. I don’t honestly believe in stuff like that. Why would I be the chosen one? What makes me so special?”

“Well, Miss [name_m]Sophron[/name_m], they say there’s no time like the present.”

“I know. I know you’re sorry. You’ve proved it.”

“And it can never happen. For so many reasons. I mean, for starters, she already has a fiance.” (When another character suggests that he and Malarrea get married.)

“Sometimes, things don’t work out how we want them to. Anyway, I’m not really a believer in fortune telling. There’s no way to know for sure what the future will be like.”

“What do I say? After all this time… I’m not the same person I was ten years ago. And I don’t know if I can… if I can do this. Be here. Faced with it all.” (When back in his hometown for the first time in ten years.)

“And just about everything else under the sun. She was also the one who handled the finances. No one could cheat my father out of anything with my mother around.”

“Have you ever thought of just leaving it all behind? Not going back?”

“Well, here we are. This is as far as I go, [name_f]Princess[/name_f]. You’ll have to cross this bridge on your own.”

“What life? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you really think I’ll be allowed to have one?” (Let’s just say we end up with a major plot twist and the earlier goodbye didn’t end up being goodbye.)

“Freedom is a dream as dead as I’ll be tomorrow.” (Like I said, major plot twist.)

“Malarrea. I’ve always been destined to die here at the palace. It’s my fate. I can’t fight it.” (I cry when reading some of these end scenes. After coming so far (literally and figuratively), it still seems like neither of our protagonists are going to get a happy ending.)

“You shouldn’t even be here, in this dungeon, talking to me. [name_f]Remember[/name_f] when I said that if I was the one in danger instead of you, the smarter move for you would be to leave me behind? It’s the same now.”

“If something happens to you, your father will give the throne to your fiance. Look at it this way, [name_f]Princess[/name_f]. You can try to save me, one person of millions, who can easily be replaced. [name_m]Or[/name_m] you could keep yourself safe and save millions of people by being a good queen. And you should choose to save millions over one any day.” (The “fiance” is [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_m]Algernon[/name_m]. Let’s just say he wouldn’t be a good ruler.)

“The kingdom needs you. You have to stay safe. You have to try to keep your subjects from living in constant fear. [name_f]Do[/name_f] your best to rule with their best interests in mind. I know you can. I trust you.”

“You want to hurt my princess?! Too bad! Because I have to defend her! At all costs! Including my life! You want to kill her, you’re going to have to kill me first!” (At this point, though he could easily just run away and let Malarrea take the consequences for disrupting [name_m]Prince[/name_m] Daniel’s fun, he’s not going to. For a lot of reasons.)

“I know. I saw. That was impressive. You gave that maniac exactly what he deserved.”

“Good morning to you too, [name_f]Princess[/name_f]. I take it you’re in a good mood so far today.”

“Now that’s definitely a compliment.”

“But you did stop that maniac from landing his final blow. And, in the process, gave him exactly what he deserved.”

“Well, if things work according to plan, I’m not going to leave you anytime soon. We’ll see each other almost everyday.”

“Somewhere along our journey, you became someone I could spend my life with. Someone I want to spend my life with.”

“The person you are now was inside you all along. You just needed to let her out.”

“Princess. I’m alive. And I have a lot of reasons to want to be alive now. Let’s not dwell on the past anymore. Nothing on earth can change it. What matters is the life we can live now. We both get another chance.”

3 Likes

Aria & Cadence Reinhardt (my Rising of the Shield Hero OCs)

Aria: Aria Reinhardt.

Cadence: Cadence Reinhardt.

Both (while saluting Naofumi): At your service!

Laura Myers (my Banana Fish OC)

“Hey, watch it! Dickflute!”

“You’re kidding. Let the police handle this?! Ash, you, of all people, know that the boys in blue aren’t gonna be able to bring Dino Golzine to justice! I may not have enough proof, but I know he had something to do with my parents’ disappearance!”

Giuseppe Tamborello, to Kaminari Tsuchiya: “Y’know what, Angioletta? I wouldn’t be gettin’ so cocky now, given how your entire career up until now has been built upon my generosity, not your ‘talent’. That cigarette you’re holdin’? My money bought that. Those sunglasses your wearin’? Those were hand-me-downs from me to you. That iPhone you’re carryin’? I got that for you as a birthday gift. Those clothes you’re wearin’!? I sized them up and tailored them just for you! Face it, brat: you’d be nothin’ without me! You’d still be stuck rotting away in those goddamn streets if I wasn’t kind enough to let you come stay with me until you got up onto your feet! You wouldn’t be ‘Kaminari Tsuchiya, ultra-famous pop star’ right now without my help, so I suggest you start showin’ a lot more gratefulness and obedience ‘less you wanna go back to bein’ a homeless nobody! Do I make myself clear!?”

Kaminari Tsuchiya, in response: “Tch…! Y-Yes, Mr. T…”

Giuseppe Tamborello: “Yes, what, Kaminari?”

Kaminari, mechanically: “Yes, T… I’ll start being more grateful from now on.”

Giuseppe, more relaxed: “Good girl, Micia! Now go to your room.

(For anyone wondering: yes, this story gets pretty dark once it decently progresses. In fact, Mr. Tamborello is an antagonist who’s introduced much later in the story, when it becomes clear that not all is right with Kaminari’s personal life.)

1 Like

Menrui (my Dragon Ball Z OC)

“You’re a gonad!”

(She said this to Piccolo when she was 4 years old. She was pretty mad at him when she called him that.)

1 Like

[name_m]Golden[/name_m] Haze/Viper -

[name_f]Viper[/name_f] - “Where did you get so many eggs?”

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - “Goodbye? Are you sure you’re feeling okay?”

[name_m]Damian[/name_m] - “Why?! Why are you doing this Viper?! Why?!” …later… “Why?” (said to Viper) …even later… “Why, [name_f]Viper[/name_f], why?” idk he just says that a lot

Silent [name_f]Girl[/name_f] -

[name_m]Liam[/name_m] - “Good, good, now quiet down.” (he is in 8th grade, talking to people ranging from 5th to 12th grade, so I think it’s kinda funny just because he’s pretty much in charge of people much older)

[name_m]Liam[/name_m] - “Hey, [name_f]Lynn[/name_f], you are going to be fine. Nothing is going to happen to you,” he said, seeming almost as if he was comforting a little child, instead of someone who was his age.

That’s it, for now at least

3 Likes

Sooooooo many! But fun to go through some stuff!

[name_m]Timothy[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m]- “Oh [name_f]Florence[/name_f], Thank you. Now, I feel like I barely know you. It’s been so long. I would say, let’s go climb a tree again, but your dress is much too lovely for that.”

[name_m]Raymond[/name_m] [name_m]Ellis[/name_m]- “Yes, but I did it for a good cause. I can’t let my sisters go running off with boys."

[name_f]Emma[/name_f]- “Fine. You all are a big group of geese. Save me a seat.”

[name_m]James[/name_m]- “Since when have you wanted to know if I liked my food?”

[name_f]Ellie[/name_f] [name_m]Carlow[/name_m]- “You’re not sorry.” “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse, quote from [name_m]Jim[/name_m] Rohn.”

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_m]Moore[/name_m]- “I think you should get a greeeeeen dress!”

[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]- “Oh it was horrid Syl! She said she didn’t want me because of my black hair!”

Dad of someone- “Look, I didn’t want to bring you back here, because I thought that it might bring you back to the memory of your mother and I know that that memory really hurts you… and me.”

[name_m]Robert[/name_m]- “Crime? you’re the one committing a crime!”

[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]- “Oh yes! Save the Flowers Society doesn’t exactly flow very well, does it?”

[name_f]Mariam[/name_f]- “Did Mother think of this, because if so, I would not like to be invited, thank you.”

[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]- “It seems like you are becoming more mature with your games, which I do certainly agree with, but I have not lowered my maturity for your level."

[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]- “I apologize, but I’d rather collect flowers quietly.”

2 Likes

Gonna quote part of a conversation

[name_f]Nyx[/name_f]- [name_m]Hi[/name_m] [name_f]Arya[/name_f] [name_m]Can[/name_m] I Come In?

[name_f]Arya[/name_f]- If I [name_m]Say[/name_m] No [name_m]Will[/name_m] You [name_m]Leave[/name_m]?

[name_f]Nyx[/name_f]- No

[name_f]Arya[/name_f]- Then Whats The Point Of [name_m]Even[/name_m] Asking? Fine Come In

2 Likes