This or That, help! Oscar Lawrence or Lawrence Oscar

So my partner really doesn’t like the middle names I have come up with for [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] and he now says he isn’t fussed for [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] ( but think I could convince him)
[name_u]New[/name_u] combo is [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] with the NN [name_m]Lawrie[/name_m]. He has said he prefers it the other way round
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]?
I like both but I just think [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] and [name_m]Lawrie[/name_m] is less common than [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Lawrie[/name_m] is so classic. Also concerned that [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is more or s dog’s name? I don’t know?
What do berries think??
We already have a [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] and an [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. They get [name_m]Zach[/name_m] and [name_u]Alex[/name_u]/Ally for short.
Which is better?

I prefer [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] I just think it has a better flow. Also I don’t think [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is a dog name at all and I think works well with [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] & [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] : )

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback

I love both names (although I have to confess that I prefer the [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]/Laurie spelling :heart_eyes:).

To me, [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] goes a little better with your other boys’ names: it’s long and distinguished, with a short, funky nickname to balance things out. I also like [name_m]Law[/name_m] as a short form for [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]!

I love [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] too and wouldn’t call it a dog’s name at all, but it doesn’t feel quite as sturdy or timeless as [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] to me – plus, it’s more popular, as you say.

[name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] both flow just fine to me.

1 Like

Thank you. [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] is nice I agree but it’s considered a female name in [name_f]France[/name_f]. And we have a [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] in our family so I had a preference for that spelling :smiley:

I personally much prefer [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]. [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] isn’t a favourite of mine to be honest. It’s totally fine but I think because of personal associations it feels a little dated to me, especially the nickname [name_m]Lawrie[/name_m]. [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] seems much younger and fresher to me, much spunkier. I just love it and think it goes perfectly with your sons’ names. Despite my feelings about [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] is a lovely combination! They look really great together. Good luck!

1 Like

I adore [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] and the nickname [name_m]Lawrie[/name_m]! I think it sounds perfect for your third child, but at the same time, I prefer the flow of [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]. :blush:

1 Like

Oh no it’s so hard to pick :disappointed_relieved:
I quite like both but what concerns me about [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is that it might not be mature enough for a man?

1 Like

It is in fact a very hard choice! You have a great taste :blush:
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] is a strong and distinct name. It’s very mature, in my opinion.
Which names sounds best with the surname?

2 Likes

Thank you.
[name_f]My[/name_f] surname is [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]

1 Like

:thinking: Now I think I prefer [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], both options sound great.

[name_m]Zachary[/name_m], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

I do think [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] flows a bit better but [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] still works really well. I adore [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]! If I didn’t have a [name_f]Florence[/name_f] it would be a strong contender for the future. It’s more unusual to hear and fits so well with big brothers names!

1 Like

I think I’ll have to put both name options in a hat and let my other two boys decide at this rate hahaha

1 Like

Thanks it’s a lovely name I agree. Aww [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is sweet.
Seems like it’s really 50/50 in the comments. :flushed:

1 Like

Either option is great, you can’t go wrong!

Thank you. I think it’s good to have two options that way when they are born you can see what name they suit more.

2 Likes

Also what I like about both is if he was [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] he would be [name_m]Lawrie[/name_m] and [name_m]Lawrie[/name_m] is Scottish and [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] is a very Scottish surname as we come from clan [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] our heritage
We also have Scandinavian roots. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner and boys are very blonde blue eyed and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] has its Scandinavian history too. Gosh. Decisions!

I prefer [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] as [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] sounds more light hearted and better balanced out by the serious [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u].

However, I feel as if [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u] goes better with your already present kids.

1 Like

You can’t go wrong with either.
I prefer [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]. I love the nickname OZ & [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m].
Good luck

1 Like