Thoughts about Alice?

I absolutely love it and think it’s a great name, very vintage yet fresh and pretty.

I’m in my 30’s and never think of [name]Brady[/name] Bunch or [name]Mel[/name]'s Diner (don’t even know what the last one is), those are before my time. If anything, I associate it with [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland, [name]Alice[/name] in Chains (rock band), Twilight or Resident Evil. There have also been several notable women with the name such as princesses, suffragists, feminists and authors… many of those are also before my time but certainly more notable and memorable than a couple of 1970’s TV shows.

To be honest [name]Alice[/name] is one of my favourite old world names it seems so classy to me. [name]Alicia[/name] always sounds modern and I guess I appreciate [name]Alice[/name] first and foremost :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Alice[/name] - I had considered it, but it doesn’t go well with my surname. DH did mention the [name]Brady[/name] Bunch when I suggested the name to him, but I thought he was kind of crazy haha. I do somewhat associate the name with [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland, which actually makes me like the name more.

Wow, I have the exact same combination on my list! :slight_smile:
[name]Alice[/name] is cute, short and sweet but with a little bit of a modern flair.
Lissy is an adorable NN too!
Good luck! :slight_smile:

About to have a baby girl and [name]Alice[/name] is in our top two. Funny, though, how it’s evolved for me. My husband first suggested it, but at first I thought it plain and boring. I don’t know anyone personally with the name, which I think is why I didn’t have much connection to it. The more I mulled it over, I grew to love it. Now, my husband is the one that thinks it’s too boring.

After giving my name list to several people, they all picked [name]Alice[/name] as their favorite name.

So we’ll see what name we end up picking…any day now!

I love [name]Alice[/name], and agree that I tend to think of [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland before anything else. I think it is fun because it is whimsical and vintage-y, but still not too out there. Great choice!

[name]Just[/name] wanted to say I was talking with someone today (and she happens to be 90 years old, but thats okay!) and she was talking about her and her sister and just was casually saying how “[name]Alice[/name] and I always…” and just hearing the name in casual conversation it just struck me what a pretty name it is!

I like it. I think it sounds old-fashioned and modern at the same time. I used to watch the [name]Brady[/name] Bunch, but my first association with the name [name]Alice[/name] is [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland. I do think it is getting more popular.

[name]Alice[/name] always feels incomplete to me, probably because I’m an [name]Allison[/name] and it seems like a nickname for me. XD

But the only [name]Alice[/name] I know is 60 and it fits her well.

It’s in our top three :slight_smile: [name]Love[/name] it!