Thoughts about Alice?

I’m usually a fan of long, elegant, vintage classics with cute nicknames (ex. [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Virginia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], etc) but my eye keeps getting caught by [name]Alice[/name]. I love its vintagae feel and that it feels familiar but not over-used, but I worry about if it conjurs up images of the [name]Brady[/name] Bunch.

What do you think about [name]Alice[/name]? Does it grow up well? Too cutesey?

[name]Alice[/name] is great name, and very modern now with the [name]Alice[/name] in Twilight.

It’s not cutesy at all, and has lovely nickname potential too, such as modern [name]Ali[/name], or girly/frilly Lissy. Or even [name]Lacey[/name].
[name]Alice[/name] is a great name.

Oh I love it even more now that you’ve thrown Lissy out there! Thanks so much!

I think it is a GREAT name. I know a young woman named [name]Alice[/name], and she collects [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland themed items.
Not even a hint of [name]Brady[/name] Bunch for me.
Very vintage, simple to say, spell… cool nn. Awesome name!
emiliaj

I adore [name]Alice[/name]. I could never find a combo with [name]Alice[/name] in front that I loved, so it’s in the middle name spot of one of my top combos for a girl - [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Alice[/name].

I love the name [name]Alice[/name]. I’ve always liked it. I really like the whimsical vibe it can give off because of the correlation with [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland.

I like [name]Alice[/name] but considering your usual style, what about [name]Alicia[/name]?

I’ve always loved [name]Alice[/name]. This name will never go out of style, [name]IMO[/name].

I like [name]Alice[/name], too. It actually makes me think of [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland, [name]Alice[/name] from Twilight or [name]Alice[/name] from Resident Evil before the [name]Brady[/name] Bunch. [name]Alice[/name] was a name we had chosen for our first daughter (spelt [name]Alyce[/name]). It would have been [name]Alyce[/name] [name]Michaela[/name].

[name]Alice[/name] is really lovely. Or the slightly more elaborate [name]Alicia[/name] too. Lots of nn possibilities. Vintage but not fusty, will definitely stand the test of time

Thanks everybody! I’m loving it even more after hearing your input!

I love it. It’s my oldest daughter’s name. We just call her [name]Alice[/name] - no nicknames. It’s not the sort of name that I think automatically gets shortened to a nickname but it does have some options which is nice. I will warn you that it is on the rise fast in terms of popularity. This doesn’t bother me because it’s the kind of name that has been around for ages. It hasn’t always been popular, but it’s familiar and classic - all part of the reason why I love it so much!

I love [name]Alice[/name]! I don’t think of Twilight or the [name]Brady[/name] Bunch at all, haha. I do think of [name]Alice[/name] in Wonderland a bit, but mostly I just think of a sweet little girl who wears dresses and is a momma’s girl and is happy all the time. :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] [name]Alice[/name] and have considered it myself, right along with [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]. [name]Love[/name] the vintage names(my kids are [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]) :slight_smile:

I don’t like it. I find it very plain. I think it ages fine.

I adore [name]Alice[/name], its my current favourite girls names. Sweet, pretty, underused, and great literary connections.

I absolutely love [name]Alice[/name]! I considered it for my daugter. I got a lot of negative feedback from family and friends, that I really didn’t understand. People thought it was really old fashioned. [name]One[/name] friend said she thought of [name]Mel[/name]'s Diner. I don’t care! I still think it is so sweet, feminine, and pretty.

I like [name]Alice[/name]… it’s a classic, and it’s got some nice associations. [name]Alice[/name] In Wonderland of course gives it that quirky but pretty literary tone, but [name]Alice[/name] In Chains and [name]Alice[/name] [name]Cooper[/name] also give it a bit of rock cred too, so it’s a name that can work on a lot of different personalities.

I love [name]Alice[/name]! It seems elegant and grown-up, but [name]IMO[/name] is sweet enough to see on a little baby easily.

I know a little [name]Alice[/name], she’s six now. I loved the name, because it was fresh and I hadn’t heard it used on a child in forever. But I suspect with it’s upcoming rise, it will get very boring. It’s kind of plain. [name]Ali[/name] and Lissy are nice though. On the plus side, it’s easy to spell and pronounce. It won’t ever be trendy.