Thoughts about Mira?

[name]How[/name] about giving it a twist and naming her [name]Mirabel[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]? I think it’s beautiful :slight_smile: It still honours your husband’s mother, plus, [name]Mira[/name] can be her nickname!

Here’s some other suggestions if you end up not going with [name]Mira[/name]:

Contains ‘mira’: (Could all have the nickname [name]Mira[/name])
~ [name]Amira[/name]
~ [name]Camira[/name]
~ [name]Miranda[/name]
~ [name]Samira[/name]

Means ‘admire’: ([name]Mira[/name] means ‘admirable’)
~ [name]Mireia[/name] / [name]Mireya[/name] (pronounced: meer-AY-ah)
~ [name]Mireille[/name] (pronounced: meer-AY) (French origin)

:slight_smile:

I love [name]Susannah[/name], but my husband is not a huge fan, and while [name]Mirabel[/name] is a nice name, it’s just a little too close to [name]Isabel[/name] for my taste. [name]Just[/name] not a fan of the “bel” or “belle” endings, but I do love the creative suggestion!

Regarding the shower manufacturer, I had to google that one - it looks like a UK company; probably not as big a concern in the states, but I appreciate it being pointed out! We definitely want to consider every possible downside of a name.

I work with a [name]Mira[/name]. She is a strong woman and a leader in a newsroom --someone not to be trifled with! She wears [name]Mira[/name] very well. I couldn’t imagine her as anything else. I think it could be great from kindergarten to a seniors’ residence. [name]Lovely[/name] choice.

It’s a pretty name but to echo with what someone said previously… It’s rather boring/plain imo. But it is a name that a person of any age could wear.

Thanks for that feedback! Much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks for this feedback! I definitely understand - there are plenty of names that others seem to love that just strike me as boring/dull. I am curious, though - I see [name]Nina[/name] is on your list of favorite names. This was an early favorite of ours, although it’s not on our list anymore. I think it’s a great name (it meets our same criteria - short, simple, yet strong), but worried that it might be too dull! In your opinion, what differentiates [name]Nina[/name] from [name]Mira[/name] in terms of overall excitement? I’m always interested to know what connotations names have for other people.

Hmmm, you caught me on [name]Nina[/name], my love of the name is hard to explain, especially since it’s so much like [name]Mira[/name]! I think it might be because the sound of [name]Nina[/name] is just so spunky in itself, I find the repeating N’s really fun to say, it makes a sound to my ears that is energetic but sweet at the same time. In comparison, [name]Mira[/name] just fades into the background for me. I also have known several [name]Nina[/name]'s who fit my image of the name, very lively and cheeky. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with [name]Mira[/name] though, it is a very sweet name, it just doesn’t have the ‘verve’ or sparkly quality I like in names. :slight_smile: Of course, if you look below, my number one girls name is [name]Leah[/name], and I have really no idea why I like it so much because it doesn’t fit into my usual style at all, and many people think it’s just a boring biblical name haha.