Thoughts about Mira?

We’ve tentatively decided on [name]Mira[/name] [name]Susan[/name] - the middle name is after my husband’s mom, so it needs to stay. What do others think of [name]Mira[/name]? Are there other suggestions for names in that same vein? Our last name is slavic and 3 syllables, beginning with a G.

[name]Isla[/name] is another name on our list, but I worry that it’s becoming too popular.

Thoughts/feedback are welcome! :slight_smile:

Are you pronouncing this like [name]Meera[/name]? That’s how I expect but I know some might say [name]Myra[/name]…I knew a [name]Mira[/name] and I love the name. She pronounced it [name]Meera[/name]. I would actually consider this name expect our daughter is Mhairi and a little too close. I think [name]Mira[/name] [name]Susan[/name] sounds very nice.

I really like it. I knew a little [name]Mira[/name] once an she was absolutely adorable. The name for her perfectly and in sure it continues to age with her very well.

Thank you! Yes, we’d pronounce it like [name]Meera[/name].

I like it, but it does remind me of the way some people pronounce the word “mirror,” like with a southern accent.

I know a beautiful young woman named [name]Amira[/name], and I have always adored her name. I also think this makes the pronunciation more obvious than [name]Mira[/name]'s is. Maybe [name]Amira[/name] could be an option for you?

Very plain to me, it doesn’t stand out at all with all the other similar names: [name]Mila[/name], [name]Mina[/name], [name]Mirabelle[/name], [name]Mara[/name], [name]Aria[/name], [name]Isla[/name] etc.

It just blends into the background for me unfortunately.

I really like it, I think it’s a cute name with a positive meaning.

I like it. My only other suggestion was going to be [name]Amira[/name] as well. Yikes, though. [name]Just[/name] realized what her initials would be as Amira Susan Slovic. Stick with [name]Mira[/name]!

Thanks! I do worry about how it ages - if it sounds cute now, will it sound respectable later? I always try to use the litigator/CEO test - could a woman with a given name be taken seriously in either of those professions?

I like it! Actress [name]Mira[/name] Sorvino comes to mind, and she also pronounces it as “Mee-ra.” I think of it as a pretty name, but not a cutesy one, so I think it would age nicely. It isn’t too trendy, either, so I think it passes the time test in that respect as well.

I think [name]Mira[/name] is gorgeous.

[name]One[/name] thing to consider is that “mira” is a command that means, “hey, look!” in Spanish.

Depending on where you live, this might not be important.

love it! cute and classic.

I like the name [name]Mira[/name] as i have a Finnish friend with the name,
however it is quite short so i may suggest it being a shortened form of a name choice like:
Kasimira/Kazimira/Casimira ‘famous peace meaning’, [name]Palmira[/name] (from the city [name]Palmyra[/name]) or Zitomira ‘renowned life’… or even [name]Kashmira[/name] and Mirela :slight_smile:

I think [name]Mira[/name] is darling, works well on all ages but still gives off a youthful, lovely impression. For a longer name with the nickname of [name]Mira[/name], I’d suggest [name]Miranda[/name].

This. Pretty sound, but, the Latina girl in me can’t see it as a name. But, if you don’t speak Spanish then it’s gorgeous.

I like [name]Mira[/name]. I think it would probably go well with your longer slavic last name.

A.S.S. wouldn’t be good initials, but no worries because their last name is Slavic (the language of the Slavic people) not the word, and starts with a G. :slight_smile:
I like [name]Mira[/name] and [name]Amira[/name]. [name]Mira[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] are on my list too! I think it is unique but classy and fits in with the current naming trends. The initials would be MSG, which isn’t a huge concern, but it reminds me of the flavor enhancer in foods.

I’m not sure on the correct pronunciation of this name, but if it’s (or if you are) pronouncing it meer-uh, than I’m a rather a big fan of [name]Mira[/name]. :slight_smile:

LOL we thought about the MSG initials, but then decided we’d go with it and her nickname would just have to be [name]Baby[/name] Umami. :slight_smile:

I’m not that keen because it reminds me of the shower manufacturer. Apart from that it is very pretty. However, I would probably lengthen it to [name]Miriam[/name] nn [name]Mira[/name] for some reason.