Thoughts of our favorite names?

Hello, all.

My hubby and I (along with our four-year-old, [name]Genevieve[/name]) have created our list of names after what seems like a lifetime of choosing. The problem is that we cannot pick just one for each gender (we decided on waiting to find out the sex). So we’d like (or, rather, desperately need, as I’m due in just two months) your opinions.

But first, some background info. I’m English, and I met my dear hubby on a summer holiday here in [name]St[/name]. [name]Louis[/name]. My name style is definitely influenced by my heritage, and, fortunately, [name]Jasper[/name] (my husband) shares the same basic style*. Our daughter’s name is [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]–we both love [name]Genevieve[/name], and his mother and my great-grandmother were both named [name]Stella[/name]. So there’s that information. Onto the names!

Boys:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Asher[/name] ([name]Ned[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name])
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] ([name]Al[/name] or [name]Alex[/name])
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] ([name]Harry[/name] or just plain [name]Harrison[/name])
[name]Parker[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] ([name]Parker[/name] is my mum’s maiden name)

Girls:
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]/[name]Georgina[/name] (can’t decide which is better)
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] (pronounced Loo-see-ah)
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] (we can’t seem to find a suitable middle for [name]Fiona[/name])

*Our style, it seems, is vintagy but normal first names and more “out there”, sophisticated middle names.

So, what do you think? And (even though it would make things more difficult) any suggestions on other names?

Many thanks,

[name]Jasper[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Genna[/name].

First of all, I love the name [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] is gorgeous! My favorite of the names on your list are [name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], but all of the options are very nice. You can’t go wrong with any of them!

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]: I love the nickname [name]Charlie[/name], and I think [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] make a great sibset.

[name]Edward[/name] [name]Asher[/name]: Since [name]Edward[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] are both two syllables, the flow isn’t that great. [name]Edward[/name] is a great name, though.

[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]: This is my second favorite! I really like the combo.

[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]: I’m not really a fan of surnames as first names, so I prefer [name]Henry[/name] to [name]Harrison[/name]. It’s still very handsome, though.

[name]Parker[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]: [name]Even[/name] though [name]Parker[/name] is a family name, it still feels super trendy to me. I love [name]Sebastian[/name], though.

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]: [name]Sophie[/name] is so popular, so it’s kind of lost its appeal to me. I think [name]Georgiana[/name] sounds better with [name]Sophie[/name], though.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]: This is really pretty! I love both [name]Lucia[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]. The only problem is that [name]Violet[/name] might become trendy… I do think [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] sound great together.

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]: [name]Both[/name] names are decent on their own, but together they seem very clunky. [name]Matilda[/name] is really pretty with [name]Genevieve[/name].

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]: I love the name [name]Fiona[/name]! [name]Scarlett[/name] is not really my style, but it’s okay as a middle. Here are some other [name]Fiona[/name] combos:

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]

Other names you might like:

[name]Susanna[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]

[name]Raphael[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Cormac[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Jonathan[/name]

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] ” [name]Love[/name] it! Cute, but masculine at the same time.
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Asher[/name] ” Not a big fan of [name]Edward[/name], but it sounds nice with [name]Asher[/name].
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] ” Nice, but not my favorite.
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] ” [name]Love[/name] it!
[name]Parker[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] ” Not a fan of either of these, sorry.

[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]/[name]Georgina[/name] ” I like [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] better. Very cute!
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] ” Cute! I absolutely love [name]Lucia[/name]!
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] ” [name]Matilda[/name] is cute, but I don”t like [name]Penelope[/name] much.
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] ” I actually like this one a lot! It flows very well.

My absolute favorites are [name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name], and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. But [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name], and [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] are very close behind them!

I love your girls names!
[name]How[/name] about [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

I love [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]! It’s so pretty:)

From your list I’m voting for:

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Violet[/name] (I mixed and matched to form this combo as I think [name]Matilda[/name] sounds best with [name]Genevieve[/name] but [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] didn’t have the best flow in my opinion.)

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Genevieve[/name] is such a great name!

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] - great name. so classic and strong. love [name]Charlie[/name].

[name]Edward[/name] [name]Asher[/name] - very handsome name. [name]Edward[/name] is not a personal favorite, but a nice name that will age very well and goes good with [name]Genevieve[/name]

[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] - my least favorite of your combos, [name]Alexander[/name] just seems a little dated to me

[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] - nice combo, [name]Harrison[/name] is a strong masculine name and I love [name]Rhys[/name].

[name]Parker[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] - I like these names, but prefer them reversed: [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Parker[/name]. I think [name]Sebastian[/name] is a great name and goes so well with [name]Genevieve[/name].

Girls:
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] - I love [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Georgiana[/name] sounds/looks more sophisticated to me then [name]Georgina[/name] (i dont like the -gina)

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] - I love both of these names. they are beautiful and classic. Cant go wrong with this combo.

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] - Nice names, neither of them are my particular taste, but they go fine together and with [name]Genevieve[/name]

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] - [name]Fiona[/name] is a cute name, but I prefer the others more with [name]Genevieve[/name]. [name]Scarlett[/name] is beautiful.

My favorites would be [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] or [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Parker[/name] // or [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile: I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Genevieve[/name], and think that [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Estelle[/name] is gorgeous! :slight_smile:

Boys:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name]): I love [name]Charles[/name], and think it’s great with [name]Genevieve[/name]. [name]Hudson[/name] feels a lot trendier than [name]Charles[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Estelle[/name], but I think that [name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] sounds very handsome.
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Asher[/name] ([name]Ned[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name]): I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Edward[/name] ([name]Edward[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] are two of my all-time favorites), but when I say it out loud with [name]Asher[/name], the D from [name]Edward[/name] attaches to the beginning of [name]Asher[/name] to sound like “dasher.”
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] ([name]Al[/name] or [name]Alex[/name]): I love [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Edward[/name] more than [name]Alexander[/name] (only because I hear [name]Alex[/name] so often, both on boys and girls), but I love the flow of this combo. (I think that [name]Hugo[/name] is a great name!) :slight_smile:
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] ([name]Harry[/name] or just plain [name]Harrison[/name]): Out of the surnames as first names, I think that [name]Harrison[/name] feels very distinguished. That said, it feels a lot more modern than [name]Genevieve[/name], so I think I’d keep it as a middle ([name]Charles[/name] [name]Harrison[/name], [name]Edward[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]).
[name]Parker[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] ([name]Parker[/name] is my mum’s maiden name): [name]Parker[/name] sounds a lot trendier to me than [name]Genevieve[/name], so I’d personally keep it in the middle. I can see [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name] as siblings, though!

From you list, I can best see [name]Charles[/name] or [name]Edward[/name] with [name]Genevieve[/name].
:slight_smile:

Girls:
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]/[name]Georgina[/name] (can’t decide which is better): I think that [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] has a better flow, but [name]Sophie[/name] is so, so popular. (I do love both names, though!)
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] (pronounced Loo-see-ah): I love both names, but [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] sounds pretty L heavy to me. What about [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]?
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]: I love both names so much, but I don’t think they flow very well together. I love [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Violet[/name] (nn [name]Poppy[/name] or [name]Nell[/name]), [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name].
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] (we can’t seem to find a suitable middle for [name]Fiona[/name]): I think this is great! [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name]?

From your girls’ list, I can best see [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] as sisters to [name]Genevieve[/name] (I can also see [name]Georgina[/name]/[name]Georgiana[/name], too, but you’ll have a G theme). I love [name]Matilda[/name] so much, but it feels spunky and clunky (I actually love this) compaired to the elegant and romantic [name]Genevieve[/name].

More names you may like with [name]Genevieve[/name]:

[name]Annabelle[/name]/[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]/[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] (has the J sound, though)
[name]Josephine[/name] (ditto)
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]

[name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name] (nn [name]Abe[/name])
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] (then again, it’s pretty V heavy with [name]Genevieve[/name])
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name] (nn [name]Teddy[/name] or [name]Theo[/name])
[name]William[/name]

I love your list, as well as the names in your family! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

love harrison for a boy…not that keen on the middle names for girls but like sophie-i never used to like that name for a girl but loving sophia at the moment!.. its weird how name taste change as time goes by…i constantly change what i like/dislike and don’t know why…i think i just get bored when i hear something to often.

[name]Favorite[/name] BOYS
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]

Other suggestion: [name]Liam[/name] [name]Matteo[/name]

[name]Favorite[/name] GIRLS
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Georgina[/name] (prefer [name]Georgia[/name])

Other suggestion: [name]Victoria[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

Good luck

Wow-thanks for all the advice!

Based on your thoughts, [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Genna[/name], and I have re-amped our name list.

For the boys, we’ve dropped [name]Parker[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]–it is, we decided way too popular at the moment to thrust upon our child, along with [name]Edward[/name] [name]Asher[/name]. Though [name]Alexander[/name] is a common name, we just love it too much not to consider it.

For the girls, we decided not to use [name]Sophie[/name], for the same reason as [name]Parker[/name]. We do dearly love it, though. We also decided to drop [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]; after thinking about it, we don’t love [name]Matilda[/name] as much as the other names we’re considering. [name]Fiona[/name] is kind of on the fence at the moment.

The suggestions were really great! [name]Jasper[/name] and I went through them and found some gems.

So our revised list is…

Boys:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]

Girls:
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]

Any that stand out?

Again, many thanks,

[name]Jasper[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Genna[/name]

Out of your revised list, I think [name]Henry[/name] [name]William[/name] is absolutely perfect! It sounds great with [name]Genevieve[/name], and the combo is so handsome. From the girls’ list, I really love [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]! [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] make such a lovely sibset. [name]Isla[/name] is just a little insubstantial compared to the elegant [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Isla[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name] is kind of hard to say. [name]Isla[/name] is a really nice name, though! [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] is also very nice, but not my personal favorite. [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] is gorgeous too! It’s my second favorite choice, after [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sophia[/name].

Good luck!

Boys:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name])–[name]LOVE[/name]! This is my favorite, great combo!
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Asher[/name] ([name]Ned[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name])—not as strong as the first choice, but
nice although too safe for my liking
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] ([name]Al[/name] or [name]Alex[/name])—sounds literary and sophisticated I like
these names together, you may also
consider switching them ([name]Hugo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name])
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] ([name]Harry[/name] or just plain [name]Harrison[/name])–My second favorite, very
handsome and I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]!
[name]Parker[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] ([name]Parker[/name] is my mum’s maiden name)–doesn’t flow
quite as well as the others, not my fave

Girls:
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]/[name]Georgina[/name] (can’t decide which is better)–I like
[name]Georgiana[/name] better in this combo and [name]Sophie[/name] is lovely (though popular)
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] (pronounced Loo-see-ah)–beautiful, [name]Violet[/name] is a sweet
choice that will age well as your daughter grows
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]—I like both of these names, but somehow they
seem strange together. I prefer [name]Penelope[/name] as a first or
[name]Matilda[/name] with a shorter middle?
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] (we can’t seem to find a suitable middle for [name]Fiona[/name])—
not sure [name]Scarlett[/name] is the right middle for [name]Fiona[/name]

Good luck!

Boys:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] - like this.
[name]Henry[/name] [name]William[/name]- gorgeous (love [name]Henry[/name]), my favourite.
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]- nice, [name]Alexander[/name] isn’t a personal favourite but it is a good classic
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]- [name]Harrison[/name] is a bit trendy for me.

Girls:
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]- love both names but sounds better the other way around, ie [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]. This would be beautiful and my favourite!
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]- v pretty (both are fairly popular in the UK but [name]Annabel[/name] less so in the US I think)
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Anastasia[/name]- I don’t think [name]Isla[/name] matches with [name]Genevieve[/name] too well, although it is a nice name. I also don’t think the combo flows well.
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]- v pretty but not my favourite.

From your previous list, I really like [name]Sebastian[/name] ([name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Parker[/name]) and [name]Penelope[/name]

[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] - I like this boy combination the best, I think it flows very nicely

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] - my favorite from your list

I still like [name]Edward[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] with [name]Genevieve[/name] but from the amended list.

[name]Henry[/name] [name]William[/name] & [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] are divine

It’s decided–our baby will be [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] or [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name].

Thanks for all the help! We honestly couldn’t have picked a name without you guys.

I love [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]!

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Genevieve[/name]!

From your list I like [name]Edward[/name] [name]Asher[/name] for a boy, because the nicknames [name]Ned[/name] and [name]Teddy[/name] are so cute. Although I really love [name]Rhys[/name].

For girls, hard choice! I love Sohpie [name]Georgina[/name], but [name]Sophie[/name] is really popular. But if that doesn’t bother you, then I think this is the cutest. [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Matilda[/name] are popular too it seems, and I find both of these kind of clunky. [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] would be my second choice. Although [name]Lucia[/name] is really lovely. Maybe [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Lucia[/name]… I think that’s my favourite!

[name]Edit[/name]: Shoot, I didn’t see the revised list! It seems my favourites are gone! Well, then my vote goes to [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] for the girl. And [name]Henry[/name] [name]William[/name], or [name]Henry[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] for the boy.

[name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Parker[/name] are my favorites from your boy’s list.

[name]Violet[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Fiona[/name] pair up wonderfully with [name]Genevieve[/name].

Overall, my favorite boy and girl names from your list are [name]Harrison[/name] and [name]Violet[/name].
Great taste (:

Boys:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Hudson[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name]) love
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Asher[/name] ([name]Ned[/name] or [name]Teddy[/name]) just ok
[name]Alexander[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] ([name]Al[/name] or [name]Alex[/name]) alex is just ok
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] ([name]Harry[/name] or just plain [name]Harrison[/name]) [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Parker[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] ([name]Parker[/name] is my mum’s maiden name) parker is too trendy for me

Girls:
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]/[name]Georgina[/name] love georgina for a first name! pls dont use sophie i beg u its so over used
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Lucia[/name] (pronounced Loo-see-ah) cute
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] i like it as long as u dont call her maddy for short
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]: i like it