Thoughts on a nn for Elodie

[name]Elodie[/name] is my fav, and one of the few, names Hubby and I can agree on. It has at least two adorable nn possibilities: Loddie and [name]Ellie[/name]. Which do you prefer?

Oh, I saw your post on babynamegenie.com. I would go with [name]Ellie[/name]. Loddie reminds me of well lottie dod. [name]Don[/name]'t know if this bothers you but it would me. GL!

I would go with Loddie only because [name]Ellie[/name] is so popular right now…it is a nickname for dozens of names, I seem to hear it everywhere. Or maybe it is just super popular in my area? My daughter’s teachers actually requested that the [name]Ellie[/name]'s and [name]Ella[/name]'s in the class be called by their full names because it was so confusing (there were two [name]Ellie[/name] R.'s, so it got complicated). I think [name]Elodie[/name] is very sweet, I would be tempted not to use a nickname at all.

Could even go with [name]Dee[/name] or [name]Didi[/name]. [name]Ellie[/name] is a little over-done imo, so Loddie is my pick.

Wow, that is the definition of too popular! Thank you for sharing that! hubby and I actually worked backwards from [name]Ellie[/name] to find a name we like, and then I saw someone else on this site say they were going to call their [name]Elodie[/name] [name]Lottie[/name]… And I thought it was an adorable idea. But Loddie not only sounds the same, but makes more sense. [name]Elodie[/name] is a beautiful name, but I automatically
Shorten everyones name. [name]Lilliana[/name], my niece, gets called [name]Lil[/name] by me almost all the time. So [name]Elodie[/name] will inevitably be shortened.

Thanks so much for your input! I found it very helpful!

I like [name]Elodie[/name] a lot! I would opt for Loddie because it sounds like [name]Lottie[/name], which I absolutely adore! I would spell it [name]Lottie[/name], though–it just looks classier than Loddie (which looks a bit clunky to me). Have you considered [name]Lola[/name]? [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] are my favorite nns for it.

[name]Even[/name] though it’s getting popular I would still go with [name]Ellie[/name]!

[name]Dede[/name]

Is cute

The only Elodies I know that use a nn go by Elo or [name]Didi[/name]. [name]How[/name] does Loddie sound? Lodie is also used as a nn for [name]Elodie[/name] and it makes a lot more since to me than Loddie which Im guessing sounds like “law dee” (but I could be wrong).

I think [name]Elle[/name] or Lodie are good choices of the ones you like but I like [name]Didi[/name] best.

I love [name]Ellie[/name] (nn or not!!) and [name]Elodie[/name] is so pretty.

Actually, my first thought was ‘[name]Lydie[/name]’. I think it would work for [name]Elodie[/name] as well as for [name]Lydia[/name]:slight_smile:

I like [name]Ellie[/name] better, but although they’re a bit of a stretch there’s always [name]Lolo[/name], [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Lottie[/name].