Thoughts on Acis?

[name_m]Just[/name_m] to clarify its a real name :blush:

[name_m]Just[/name_m] wondering about usability.

Acis was the son of [name_m]Pan[/name_m] in greek mythology.

Pronounced Ay-Sis/Aces?

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was “axis”, which isn’t the best association :grimacing: I think the sound is cool and on-trend – it has a modern, edgy vibe, similar to [name_m]Ace[/name_m] and [name_m]Asher[/name_m] – but the spelling just looks a bit made-up to me? I’d prefer Aces, I think!

USA, I would also automatically say “Axis”

To me it sounds like a brand name - [name_m]Acer[/name_m] laptops come to mind.

I haven’t heard of the mythological figure - and I’m someone who is probably more interested than most in mythology. I’d assume it’s a fairly obscure figure?

I think it’s usable, if you don’t mind people being unfamiliar with it and some doubts about the pronunciation.

Unfortunately it makes me think of ‘axis’ and ‘acid’, neither of which are great associations. But I don’t think it’s unusable. It just might need explaining of the spelling and pronunciation.

I don’t hate the sound - cool and interesting and contemporary - but the spelling feels a bit clunky - maybe I could get used to it though

[name_f]Imo[/name_f]- it looks made up. I know you said it’s real but definitely not a well known name. I also wouldn’t know how to pronounce it.
I love [name_m]Ace[/name_m] though!
I also think anything is usable in the middle spot.

You could spell it [name_f]Isis[/name_f]. More people would reconize that. Maybe Aisis. Vrs. 2 looks more like [name_m]Aidan[/name_m].

My grandpa has a friend named Acis who goes by Acey, so I’ve always thought it could work, and it has for him. A lot of people assume it’s a playing card or pilot thing (like Ace plural), and honestly I did too until now and I am pretty well-read with most mythologies :sweat_smile: I would take that into consideration, but overall I have seen it wears well so I think it’s more than usable

1 Like

Makes me think of “A cis man” or “A cis woman.” That said, I think it sounds nice aloud.

I pronounced it like “ACK-iss”, which isn’t particularly attractive, but the mythological component is super interesting! It’s a neat name, but I can definitely see it having issues with pronunciation. I imagine it would be a quick fix though.

I like the idea of Acis, it being Greek mythology, the sound. That said I never would’ve pronounced it correctly initially. I actually would prefer the spelling Aces in this case. It feels more recognizable.

I wanna say it’s cool, especially as a fan of [name_m]Ace[/name_m], but I just think of Asus Tech. That might just be me though.

Makes me think of anus :frowning:

Very interesting choice, ive never heard that name before