Thoughts On Adoette

Pronounced as [name_m]AH[/name_m]-[name_f]DOE[/name_f]-WHETT, it’s a native american name that means “Large Tree”.

I came upon this name ten years ago when I met a girl in Massachusetts bearing the moniker. I adored her name and came to love it even more when I got to know her.

I recalled the name yesteday and now I keep whispering it every minute.

What are your thoughts on Adoette?

Honestly, I saw it and instantly thought it was misspelled (I think I thought to [name_f]Alouette[/name_f], maybe…), as the arrangement of letters just looks a little out of the ordinary. That said, I do like the sound of it and think it could work if you wanted it to. :slight_smile:

I like it because you like it! I don’t like “whett’ but the meaning and look of the name are lovely.

It would take some getting used to, but it could grow on me. I can see the attraction, it sounds elegant but not frilly. Sure, it’s pretty much unheard of, but it’s not too exotic to use on an actual child.

An interesting name. I think [name_f]Odette[/name_f] or [name_f]Alouette[/name_f] would be easier to wear but I find it usable and I like the nicknames [name_f]Ada[/name_f] and [name_f]Doe[/name_f]

I love Adoette it’s been on my long list forever. I think it would probably take some explaining t9 get the correct pronunciation but it’s a beautiful name