Thoughts on Arden

Was helping a friend with names today and got into a discussion about this name. What are everyone’s thoughts on [name_u]Arden[/name_u]?

Interested in first impressions and opinions. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it’s a little masculine? I’ve never met someone named [name_u]Arden[/name_u] in real life, and find myself liking it more and more.

I think it’s masculine sounding, and the obvious nickame would be [name_f]Ardi[/name_f] (sounds like [name_m]Arty[/name_m]). What about [name_f]Ardina[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Dina[/name_f]?

I really like [name_u]Arden[/name_u]. I think it just sounds unisex – works either way to me.

It’s not my style, but it sounds like a current, modern choice.

It’s pretty on a girl.

Pretty name, [name_u]Arden[/name_u] Cho (actress) comes to mind. :slight_smile:

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] leans feminine in my mind, and I think this name is classic and lovely - the image seems very [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_f]England[/name_f], pearls, sail boats (like [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]).

That being said, I could never fall in love with [name_u]Arden[/name_u] because it sounds too much like [name_m]Harden[/name_m].

I like it! I’ve only known two Ardens and both were females so to me it sounds femenine. It makes me think of a garden (without the G).

I think it is a very pretty, tailored name.

It’s masculine to me.

[name_u]Arden[/name_u] would work on either a boy or girl to me. I think of the [name_m]Forest[/name_m] of [name_u]Arden[/name_u] in As You Like It, a great association to me.

I like it a lot and also think of the [name_m]Forest[/name_m] of [name_u]Arden[/name_u] - it’s a mashup of [name_f]Arcadia[/name_f] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u], so it just has lovely verdant associations! Also the similarity in sound to “ardent” makes it strong, though I do think of it as feminine.

To me [name_m]Ardan[/name_m] seems more masculine, but then again I personally prefer frillier names. I could see [name_u]Arden[/name_u] working for a girl but I am having a bit of trouvle picturing it in a professional setting

One of my favorite names :slight_smile: Tho I am not really one to care about name meanings, I really like the meaning of this name and it makes me love it more haha.

I love [name_u]Arden[/name_u]. I don’t think it is masculine sounding. I always assume it is a girl when I hear it. I find it to be strong, but feminine and stylish. Great choice!

It is a little masculine for me, but if you think it’s fine, go ahead.