Thoughts on baby #5

We are expecting our 5th child in Feb. She is a complete and wonderful surprise addition to our family. I am having a very hard time with a name for her. I had thought of using my maternal grandmother’s name which is [name]Leah[/name] (that is also my first name but I have never gone by it). My 7 yo daughter is not thrilled with that idea. I have always loved the name [name]Charlotte[/name] but since we thought our baby days were done I agreed to name our dog [name]Charlotte[/name] so that is clearly out. Our other children are [name]Cooper[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Davis[/name].

Our list so far…

[name]Leah[/name] [name]Kathryn[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] [name]Faith[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Madelyn[/name] [name]Rose[/name]

Nothing is set in stone and I am still open to considering other names…I appreciate any help!

[name]Joy[/name]

I love [name]Leah[/name]… it’s so pretty. And I think with such a feminine beautiful girl’s name like [name]Ava[/name], I would stick with something similar in style. So, I would sadly, put [name]Hadley[/name] aside, and though I love it, it sounds too gender neutral.

My faves from your list:
[name]Leah[/name], [name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]

Have you thought of:
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] or [name]Vivienne[/name]

I’m sure that you’ll get tons more from others. good luck! :smiley:

[name]Cooper[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Ava[/name], and [name]Davis[/name] - your children’s names carry a trend of high-style modernity blended with vintage glamour.

Thus…

[name]Gwyneth[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]
Maven
[name]Maris[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Katharine[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

Congratulations and good luck!

I think [name]Leah[/name] fits in perfectly! Your 7 yo will come around to it, wouldn’t worry too much there. Your children have lovely names!
Other thoughts:
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] ([name]Stella[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is rather dazzling)
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Liza[/name]
[name]Molly[/name] ([name]Molly[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is lovely)
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]

I really like [name]Leah[/name] and I love family names. [name]Isabelle[/name] is nice and although it is popular I think it is classic. [name]Hadley[/name] is nice and has the same vintage appeal as [name]Ava[/name]. [name]Eliza[/name] is not my favorite. [name]Madelyn[/name] is too trendy for my taste.

I would also suggest [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Lydia[/name], [name]Cora[/name], [name]Victoria[/name]?

[name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Claire[/name] are gorgeous!

Due to friends and neighbors [name]Lily[/name], [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] are not usable. I would have been better off not involving the kids in the naming process as they have such differing opinions:D Thanks for the suggestions and the feedback I really do appreciate it!!!

[name]Cooper[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Davis[/name] & [name]Madeleine[/name] (much prefer this spelling) would be great. I love [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Madeleine[/name] together!

[name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Isabelle[/name] are pretty too, and they do fit nicely.

[name]Leah[/name] is dated and [name]Hadley[/name] is masculine [name]IMO[/name].

Can I suggest…
[name]Cooper[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Davis[/name] & [name]Seren[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Davis[/name] & [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Davis[/name] & [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Cooper[/name], [name]Owen[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Davis[/name] & [name]Imogen[/name]

Oh, that’s too bad about [name]Charlotte[/name]! From your list, I love [name]Eliza[/name] [name]Claire[/name].
Two other names that came to mind were [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Greta[/name]:

[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Kathryn[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Kathryn[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Greta[/name] remind me of old Hollywood names such as [name]Ava[/name].

I’ve known a couple families who have named their fifth child [name]Quinton[/name] or [name]Quinn[/name] - it’s almost too good an opportunity NOT to use it somewhere in the name. ([name]Quinton[/name] is latin for “fifth” and was traditionally given to the fifth-born child.)