Thoughts on Bellamy Prim??

What do ya think? [name_m]How[/name_m] does it sound with these sibling names

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f]

[name_m]Lochlin[/name_m] Emmeric

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] Prim

?? Thanks for your thoughts !!

I am speechless.

Speechless in a bad or good way? LOL I get everyone is gonna be all hunger game crazy but that name choice does not spur from that for us personally.

Sounds like a schoolteacher from an old Western. I don’t dislike it, but it’s not really my style.

I definitely would not want to be named Prim, even as a mn.

No to Prim.

I actually really like [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u].

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]. Maybe [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]? But if it has great personal meaning for you, go for it!

[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] trumps [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] Prim in my books. I’d even go so far as to suggest Prynne as a literary alternative to Prim. Or Brynn…

I quite like [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] apart from the fact it seems to be suddenly [name_f]Berrie[/name_f] trendy.
[name_f]Belle[/name_f] would be the obvious nn so you would have to not mind that being uber popular.
I actually prefer [name_m]Bellamie[/name_m].
Prim is an unusual choice. What if she is anything but?.. :
:wink:

I like your other two names better than this one. I struggle with Prim.

It’s a bit of a unisex name.

Prim feels useable to me, but I get a bit tongue-tied trying to say these names together. Maybe the repeated m sound is tripping me up? I’m not sure.

I love [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], but really dislike Prim. I don’t really like [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] to begin with, but that would be a step up from just Prim. [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] would be much nicer.

Interestingly I’m not so opposed to the Prim as others seem to be.
With [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] I always think of the Pirate [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] first. Super romantic character, became a pirate hoping to steal enough money so he could marry the girl of his dreams. But it does make the name more masculine than feminine for me. So Prim does make it definitely feminine.

I however think, that with [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] and [name_m]Lochlin[/name_m] Emmeric as siblings I would choose a definitely feminine first name. I would just assume you have one girl and two boys. (Though I’m probably in the minority). I think [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] would be an awesome nm…. [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] would fit in with your other kids wonderfully. nn Prim? (Though I personally prefer [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] nn [name_f]Posey[/name_f] or [name_u]Penny[/name_u] it’s just not so Hunger Games and has the same meaning of first rose).

Hey ladies!! Thanks for all the thoughts! I never realized how many people are not a fan of the name Prim. LOL I will think about these suggestions! :wink:

I like Prim as a nickname for [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]. But not Prim as a name on its own. [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] would be very pretty though.

Not sure why everyone’s hating on Prim. I think it’s sweet and I think it’s a great one-syllable middle name for a longer first name.

Personally, I think [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u] feels very masculine. I do like all of the sounds that make up the name, but as a whole it reminds me of an old western man or a certain processed meat. I do think an independent, feisty little gal could totally rock it though.