Thoughts on Bennett and Emmett with -net ending last name?

My wife and I are considering the names [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] as options for our baby that is on the way. However, our last name ends in -net. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] or [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] will flow well with a last name that has the same -net sound at the end? Any thoughts are appreciated.

I don’t think it would flow well, sorry. I think it would be too repetitive. [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] is the only -net last name I can think of (not saying this is your last name but just an example :slight_smile: ) and I don’t like the sound of ‘[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Bennett[/name_m].’ What about [name_m]Apollo[/name_m], [name_m]Asher[/name_m], [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_m]Harrison[/name_m], or [name_m]Jasper[/name_m]?

Thank you! Looks like the name search continues lol

I don’t think its that big of a deal.

Our last name ends in -sen and we have kids named Annalyn and [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] and their full names sound rhymey I guess but don’t sound bad. To each their own I suppose.

It could work if the surname has more or less syllables than the first, or an otherwise different pattern.

e.g. [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_u]Brett[/name_u] or [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_u]Everett[/name_u] doesn’t sound nearly as bad as [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] (same syllables, same stress pattern). And something with a different sound, like [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] Hoett (had to look up a rarer one), could definitely work.

Thank you both for your insight. Our last name has 3 syllables, so I don’t feel [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] or [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] sound that bad with it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] looking for some outside opinions. I appreciate you all taking the time to reply