Thoughts on Bo and Beau for a girl

Also do you have any idea what does [name_u]Beau[/name_u] mean?
Thanks !

Beau means handsome, and I wouldn’t use [name_u]Beau[/name_u] for a girl, it feels very masculine to me.

Bo on a girl is much better than [name_u]Beau[/name_u], in my opinion. [name_u]Bo[/name_u] is a cute and spunky name for a girl!

3 Likes

Beau means beautiful from [name_u]French[/name_u] and I love it

Bo can be a shortening of Bodil which I forget what that means

But I prefer beau or [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]

Beau means “beautiful” or “handsome” and is of course usually given to boys but as I’m a huge fan of crossing those lines, so I’d enjoy the name on a girl.

I know both female and male Beaus

Beau is all boy to me, but I like [name_u]Bo[/name_u] for a girl!

I prefer both names on boys, but if I were to pick one for a girl, I’d pick [name_u]Bo[/name_u].

Beau means beautiful! We have a girl [name_u]Bo[/name_u] and a boy [name_u]Beau[/name_u] on both sides of my husbands family. I love both names

[name_u]Bo[/name_u] or [name_u]Beau[/name_u] for a girl is one of my GPs.
I love [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f] or Maribeau as well.

If it’s for a girl, I would use [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f] instead of just [name_u]Beau[/name_u]. However, I love [name_u]Bo[/name_u] on a girl! Lots of ways to get there too…

I love [name_u]Bo[/name_u] for a girl!

I love beau or bo for a girl! [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f] was my runner up name for my daughter [name_u]Wylie[/name_u]. I loved the idea of having a nickname of [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] or beau for a girly or Tomboy choice. [name_u]Beau[/name_u] means handsome or extremely beautiful. I keep trying to convince my hubby for [name_m]Beauregard[/name_m] for our next son lol

1 Like

Beau means handsome and I prefer this name for a boy. I think [name_u]Bo[/name_u] with this spelling would be really cute for a girl though proper spunky

I have a daughter named [name_f]Boheme[/name_f] and we call her [name_u]Bo[/name_u] a lot of the time. I like it no one has ever said oh that’s a boys name.

I like the [name_u]Bo[/name_u] spelling for a girl. [name_f]Abigial[/name_f] [name_u]Breslin[/name_u] played [name_u]Bo[/name_u] in the movie ‘Signs’. It was so cute on her!

I heard somewhere that [name_u]Bo[/name_u] was the girls’ name and [name_u]Beau[/name_u] was the boys’ name, but I have no idea where so I could be making that up. [name_u]Beau[/name_u] definitely means handsome though so I wouldn’t use it for a girl.

In [name_u]French[/name_u], [name_u]Beau[/name_u] is the adjective used for masculine nouns.
[name_f]Belle[/name_f] is used for feminine nouns.
Both mean handsome or beautiful.

Therefore, I would prefer [name_f]Belle[/name_f] for a girl.

As [name_u]Beau[/name_u] means handsome I would not use it for a girl, [name_f]Belle[/name_f] would be the opposite (pretty, beautiful) in [name_u]French[/name_u].